Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formatting an Xbox One

Options
  • 16-04-2016 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi

Hopefully buying a pre owned 1TB later on and just wondering about the process of formatting the HDD. The seller is willing to let me test a game/connect to online/Xbox live to ensure I'm happy with it. In order to format it is it as simple as going into settings or is there anything else to it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

Select Settings.

Select All Settings.

Select System.

Select Console info & updates.

Select Reset console.

Job done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

GAAman wrote: »
    Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

Select Settings.

Select All Settings.

Select System.

Select Console info & updates.

Select Reset console.

Job done :)

Cheers thanks, I heard someone mention before that the home account password has to be entered to format, is that true or?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

LpPepper wrote: »
    Cheers thanks, I heard someone mention before that the home account password has to be entered to format, is that true or?

Not sure as I haven't wiped my one yet, but just in case if you're testing it at their house before purchase you can do the wipe there

Advertisement