Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW35 Transfers. Or, managing to field 11 players.

Comments

FHFC wrote: »
    Mane still tempts me greatly. I need to get Alli but do I go for glory and wait another week for a one week punt on Mane??

I want Ali too but I'll wait. Mane looks ripe and I can't ignore how bad Villa are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Benimar wrote: »
    Current team for GW35 is:

Mignolet
    Sakho, Dawson, Bellerin, Gabriel
    Ozil, Mahrez, Milner
    Aguero, Mitrovic

No game: Robles, Martial, Payet, Bolasie, Dann

Martial to Kane is obvious to give me the bare 11. Is there any reason (especially given likely rotation of Liverpool and City players) not to take a -4 for Bolasie to Alli?

Almost identical to mine, except Sanchez for Ozil, Delaney for Dann and Firmino for Milner. The Martial to Kane transfer is almost definite too. I'll wait and see how the games go first before deciding on a hit. Bolasie might go on a streak, making him undroppable, or injuries might happen. A Southampton attacker may be an option too, but I think there are some juicy fixtures in 35 and a hit is easily justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Need a a goal keeper for gw35, probably between Schmeichel or Begovic, which should give me 11 starters.

Only concern with that is that of the 11, Moreno, Firmino, Iwobi and Aguero could all be at risk of not starting.

Considering taking a -4 to bring in cover, thinking Spacecraft, or God help me, Mane or Pelle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Need a a goal keeper for gw35, probably between Schmeichel or Begovic, which should give me 11 starters.

Only concern with that is that of the 11, Moreno, Firmino, Iwobi and Aguero could all be at risk of not starting.

Considering taking a -4 to bring in cover, thinking Spacecraft, or God help me, Mane or Pelle.

I don't think Begovic would be a good call. He didn't perform well earlier in the season when he got a run and now Chelsea are in pure casual mode. Could even see a youth keeper feature there as they have nothing at all to play for and Guus is going soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll be getting lloris or mannone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was just going to post that Mannone is a good shout. Think I'll be getting PVA in to fund a move for Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Was just going to post that Mannone is a good shout. Think I'll be getting PVA in to fund a move for Kane.

I still have BB to use and no keeper this week so it makes sense for me to -4 for a keeper. The key thing is who will score most lloris in 4 games or Mannone in 5. I only plan using me sub keeper hennessey the week I BB.

steve_r wrote: »
    I don't think Begovic would be a good call. He didn't perform well earlier in the season when he got a run and now Chelsea are in pure casual mode. Could even see a youth keeper feature there as they have nothing at all to play for and Guus is going soon.

True enough, only thing slightly swaying me from Schmeichel is that I already have Leicester cover in defence with Simpson. But against Swansea there's a fair possibility of a clean sheet

Would pick Cech or Lloris but already have 3 from both teams, so most likely Schmeichel

Hadn't considered Mannone, but could be an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I still have BB to use and no keeper this week so it makes sense for me to -4 for a keeper. The key thing is who will score most lloris in 4 games or Mannone in 5. I only plan using me sub keeper hennessey the week I BB.

It's a tough one...Chelsea away is the only really tricky one for Spurs but even then they looked poor against City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

No love for Forester - Villa aren't exactly a free scoring team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Took a punt on Tadic, since Southampton are facing Aston Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mane still tempts me greatly. I need to get Alli but do I go for glory and wait another week for a one week punt on Mane??

Mane is very expensive when compared to Alli, I'll go Martial to Pelle and probably Mahrez to Alli. I'd like to try Mane but can't justify that price tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thing about a Southampton attacker if he doesn't score well vs Villa then the next two are tricky amd quite likely stuck with a player ya didnt really want to keep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Was going to do Martial/Payet to Alli/Kane last night... but if I hold them for 37 and just get PVA in for Delaney I can field 11 this week and get up to 9 DGW players without hits for GW37

So - what have I learnt from the DGW34 debacle?

Nothing, absolutely nothing!

I may even run for government on the back of my insistence to repeat the failures of the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Thing about a Southampton attacker if he doesn't score well vs Villa then the next two are tricky amd quite likely stuck with a player ya didnt really want to keep.

I'd be looking at it as a one week punt. Mane to Alli for 36.

It probably doesn't make sense though.

None whatsoever but it's near the end and your gains lately probably warrant a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I think this captures perfectly my feelings on how my 5 DGW 33 and my 13 DGW 34 has gone for me :

xnGptC1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Alli is just as/more likely to score well this week as mane
    I wouldn't waste a transfer to get mane in and then out for Alli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tempted to bring in Mignolet for Butland who has been floundering on my bench for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm looking for a defender for 4.1m tops for one week only to help enable my Kane transfer.
    Assuming Vardy is dropping tonight and Kompany gets minutes I may do it tonight. Mangala out.
    Currently thinking Martina from Southampton ahead of Francis/Smith from Bournemouth. Have I overlooked anyone?
    Could play it safer by transferring out Smalling leaving 5.3m. and doubling up on Spurs with Walker/Rose alongside Toby or Bertrand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ElTel wrote: »
    I'm looking for a defender for 4.1m tops for one week only to help enable my Kane transfer.
    Assuming Vardy is dropping tonight and Kompany gets minutes I may do it tonight. Mangala out.
    Currently thinking Martina from Southampton ahead of Francis/Smith from Bournemouth. Have I overlooked anyone?
    Could play it safer by transferring out Smalling leaving 5.3m. and doubling up on Spurs with Walker/Rose alongside Toby or Bertrand?

Rangel from Swansea if you want a 4.1 who plays every game but will give you sweet feck all points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Anyone know what happening with A Moreno?

Rikand wrote: »
    Rangel from Swansea if you want a 4.1 who plays every game but will give you sweet feck all points

Don't keep many CS especially away. Can't have him against the Foxes as Fuchs and Mahrez start for me. Sakho and Cech make up the rest of my D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tempted to bring in Mignolet for Butland who has been floundering on my bench for a while now.

Mignolet didn't play in the last match, looks like he's being kept fit for the Europa League.

I have him in my team, think I'll be transferring him out in GW 35.

• Advertisement

Okay, I need a goalkeeper to replace Mignolet. My other keeper is Hennessey.

So, he must play in GW35, he cannot be Lloris or Schmeichel and he must cost 5.4 or less. I'm hoping for this to be my last GK transfer this season.

The price rules out Cech, de Gea and Hart. I was thinking Gomes or Adrian but no GW35 fixture. Foster and Forster look tempting but I don't like their fixtures. Begovic might not play. I probably would have picked Mannone but having to play him next week versus Arsenal scares me.

I was looking at Boruc but only 7 clean sheets and none of them recently. Bournemouth still have to play some big names too. I was thinking of Fabianski as my rival will have to play him next week unless he does a goalkeeper transfer, which is unlikely.

Actually, I've just noticed Darlow. Liverpool (A), Crystal Palace (H), Aston Villa (A), Spurs (H). He's probably the best choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Aenaes wrote: »
    Okay, I need a goalkeeper to replace Mignolet. My other keeper is Hennessey.

So, he must play in GW35, he cannot be Lloris or Schmeichel and he must cost 5.4 or less. I'm hoping for this to be my last GK transfer this season.

The price rules out Cech, de Gea and Hart. I was thinking Gomes or Adrian but no GW35 fixture. Foster and Forster look tempting but I don't like their fixtures. Begovic might not play. I probably would have picked Mannone but having to play him next week versus Arsenal scares me.

I was looking at Boruc but only 7 clean sheets and none of them recently. Bournemouth still have to play some big names too. I was thinking of Fabianski as my rival will have to play him next week unless he does a goalkeeper transfer, which is unlikely.

Actually, I've just noticed Darlow. Liverpool (A), Crystal Palace (H), Aston Villa (A), Spurs (H). He's probably the best choice?

Double up on Mig and Ward?

Hmm, includes a double in GW37 aswell. I hadn't thought of that, worth thinking about. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Aenaes wrote:
    Hmm, includes a double in GW37 aswell. I hadn't thought of that, worth thinking about. Thanks!

The problem is if they each play one dgw game each, you only get points from one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Almost identical to mine, except Sanchez for Ozil, Delaney for Dann and Firmino for Milner. The Martial to Kane transfer is almost definite too. I'll wait and see how the games go first before deciding on a hit. Bolasie might go on a streak, making him undroppable, or injuries might happen. A Southampton attacker may be an option too, but I think there are some juicy fixtures in 35 and a hit is easily justified.

On second thoughts, Mitrovic's inability to start means he's going for a hit, ptobably to Pelle or Shlong

• Advertisement

On second thoughts, Mitrovic's inability to start means he's going for a hit, ptobably to Pelle or Shlong

The fact Shlong is now a thing is making me want to sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kane and a Leicester defender in for Coleman and Carroll

Lesson learned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Might keep Martial and sell Mitrovic for Kane instead. Bolasie to Alli for a -4 gives me the bare 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Kane and King for Mitro and one of my mids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Will just have the 10 players not taking pts deduction for extra player. I'll run the risk.

So the plan was to just use one transfer to sort my goalkeeper situation.

However, with my WC just sitting there and no real plan to use it for GW37 doubles, I figured I could use it now to have a good team for GW35. Without those transfers, my team would have the bare 11 playing a 5-3-2 formation.

Pelle is basically a one-week gamble, I could transfer him to Deeney/Welbeck next week, and so on.

Thoughts on the attached team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any KDB owners getting worried???

I'm beginning to think his gametime might get reduced - if I transfer him out it allows me to get Alli and Kane (for Martial) in.

Feels a bit drastic - I also have Firminio who is also a rotation risk but I think he'll be given more gametime to get back to match fitness.

Cartman78 wrote: »

I'm beginning to think his gametime might get reduced - if I transfer him out it allows me to get Alli and Kane (for Martial) in.

Feels a bit drastic - I also have Firminio who is also a rotation risk but I think he'll be given more gametime to get back to match fitness.

Silva is fit plus Nasri is available this weekend as well so I'd expect KDB and Aguero to get limited gametime vs a gone to the beach already Stoke team. (at least i hope KDB does anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'm in the same boat but I'm looking at it as a positive - frees up a lot of funds and I want Kane back in my team.

I want to see what Martial does tonight. KdeB having a GW35 fixture will probably keep him in my team untill GW36 realistically as I've a lot of players with blanks.

ElTel wrote: »

Went with Bertrand and Kane for a hit. First time all season with Kane.
    So this week....
    Cech
    Toby Fuchs Sakho Bertrand (Mangala)
    Firmino Mahrez Sanchez
    Aguero Origi Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ElTel wrote:
    Went with Bertrand and Kane for a hit. First time all season with Kane.

Welcome to the Kane - train!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Two transfers made to get 10 players,including Kane. Took a risk, will take my chances now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Darmian (what was I thinking?), Barkley (:o) and Lukaku out for Fuchs, Alli and Kane for a -4. Done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kane has 23 in his last 25 games,a must have now that Spurs are flying.I need a cheap replacement for Rashford to field 11.I have 7.4 max available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

zerks wrote: »
    Kane has 23 in his last 25 games,a must have now that Spurs are flying.I need a cheap replacement for Rashford to field 11.I have 7.4 max available.

Long? Villa should give him a hatfull of chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

zerks wrote: »

Big Sam's got a good record of staying up, I can see Defoe bagging a couple between now and the end of the season.

I don't know of another striker who is 100% guaranteed to start, has a game in GW35, and a DGW37.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm actually currently worried from his not good enough returns :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

iroced wrote: »
    I'm actually currently worried from his not good enough returns :p.

Same, I'd sell him for Sanchez and sell Mahrez for Alli but I'd still only have 9 players for 35. I still can't fathom why I didn't get rid of Mahrez when I did my wc.

All aboard the Sturridge express train.....

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    All aboard the Sturridge express train.....

Indeed ......

Advertisement