Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW35 Transfers. Or, managing to field 11 players.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Went a bit mad

KDB Martial and lukaku for Sturridge Kane and Ali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Prob Kane and Long in
    Lukaku and Martisl out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Contemplating a -4:

Mahrez -> Alli
    Martial -> Defoe

It'd give me 11 players. I'm highly debating the Mahrez to Alli switch. Mahrez looks horribly off form, but with Vardy gone, he has to step up this week. But I'm terrified to go another week without Alli at this stage, especially at home to WBA.

Defoe really interests me for the last 4 weeks.

His games are:

Arsenal (h) (Anything is a bonus)
    Stoke (a) (Stoke are completely disinterested and off the boil)
    Chelsea (h), Everton (h) (Two more completely disinterested teams)
    Watford (a) (Will be completely safe and may be eyeing up a cup final 6 days later)

I'm struggling to find a better alternative for a striker to compliment Kane and Aguero! Unless I bring Alli in for a non starting mid, and go 3-5-2 for the week and then think of a transfer to make for Martial (I really don't want him til the end, not explosive enough).

What do people think? I'm gonna be about 20 points off top from my main money league after this week, I think it's a sensible punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

SantryRed wrote: »
    Contemplating a -4:

Mahrez -> Alli
    Martial -> Defoe

It'd give me 11 players. I'm highly debating the Mahrez to Alli switch. Mahrez looks horribly off form, but with Vardy gone, he has to step up this week. But I'm terrified to go another week without Alli at this stage, especially at home to WBA.

Defoe really interests me for the last 4 weeks.

His games are:

Arsenal (h) (Anything is a bonus)
    Stoke (a) (Stoke are completely disinterested and off the boil)
    Chelsea (h), Everton (h) (Two more completely disinterested teams)
    Watford (a) (Will be completely safe and may be eyeing up a cup final 6 days later)

I'm struggling to find a better alternative for a striker to compliment Kane and Aguero! Unless I bring Alli in for a non starting mid, and go 3-5-2 for the week and then think of a transfer to make for Martial (I really don't want him til the end, not explosive enough).

What do people think? I'm gonna be about 20 points off top from my main money league after this week, I think it's a sensible punt.

I've martial go get rid of
    it's Shane long for free (short term good long term bad)
    or Defoe for free ( short term not great long term good)
    or a -4 for sturridge ,....which is so tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Most likely I'll take a -16 and finish the season off with a starting 11 that I'd actually be happy playing with. Used the wildcard to rip my team apart for the doubles - I would have been better off if I left it as is.

Martial -> Kane
    Lukaku -> Defoe
    Milner -> Alli
    Ward -> Alderweireld
    Gabriel -> PvA

At this stage I have little to no hope of making 50k, so I might as well make the above transfers before 35. I'm not worried about overall rank anymore so might as well roll the dice. The one transfer I might change is Long instead of Defoe for 35 and then switch him for Defoe for the remainder of the season.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Have enough to do Lukaku to Sturridge, I'm weary of a Sturridge price rise but not knowing the extent of Origi's injury is making me hesitant to buy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Martial to Sturridge done
    Coutinho to Ali done

-4 and 10 tp play Saturday but optimistic that Nasri plays to give me 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lukaku out.

For anyone, really...

I shall never captain him again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Was going to do Martial to Kane until Mitrovic didn't start last night. I then figured I'd hold Martial for DGW37 and sell Mitrovic.

Now I'm back to the idea of selling Martial after his magnificent 3 points this week!

The only certainty is that Kane and Alli are coming in for a -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Vardy to Kane. Have 11 just hoping Kun or KDB don't get rested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

paulie21 wrote: »
    Vardy to Kane. Have 11 just hoping Kun or KDB don't get rested

I think it's less likely they will be rested after tonight's games. City have no margin of error if they want top 4. Man U, West Ham and even Liverpool have very winnable games left (albeit the 2 Utds play each other)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

siblers wrote: »
    Have enough to do Lukaku to Sturridge, I'm weary of a Sturridge price rise but not knowing the extent of Origi's injury is making me hesitant to buy him.

Likely he'll be out for the rest of the season.. Klopp said in post-match that it's something to do with ligaments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

wonski wrote: »
    Lukaku out.

For anyone, really...

I shall never captain him again :)

I shall never buy him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Benimar wrote: »
    I think it's less likely they will be rested after tonight's games. City have no margin of error if they want top 4. Man U, West Ham and even Liverpool have very winnable games left (albeit the 2 Utds play each other)

Depends how much Pellegrini actually cares about Top 4 too though....

I think Aguero gets 60 mins on Saturday. If the Stoke that played Spurs turns up, that's enough for a hat trick though...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Help me out here.

Want to get Kane and Sturridge in but its tough for cash.

Only way I can do it is Martial + Lukaku + Coutinho to Kane + Sturridge + Loftus-Cheek.

Worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Really want/need to get Kane & Alli in asap……..will mean selling one of KDB or Sanchez and dumping AntonyMartial3PointsinDGWffs.

Had also considered getting rid of Firminio but Origi’s injury has changed his immediate prospects I reckon.

Will see how Arsenal and Sanchez(c) get on tonight – another meh performance will see Alexis getting the bullet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Martial (worst captain choice ever) & Wijnaldum > Pelle & Eriksen

About 100 points off the top of my money league after a disastrous WC/DGW combo...swinging like a wild drunk with my remaining transfers. Flogging the dead horse that is Villa is where I hope I might make up some ground. Watford duo in the week after, especially with a DGW after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone know how bad origi's injury is yet? If he is only going to miss one match I might keep him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Martial --> Kane(c)
    Otamendi --> PVA

I haven't owned PVA since last season and I'm already excited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Delaney/Bolassie -> Rose/Iwobi

Just need a midfielder for 1 week so Iwobi fits the bill, will likely be on the bench for the rest of the season.
    Rose looks to be a reliable for one of the few teams still playing at 100%

I'd have liked to get in Sturridge but I've 3 Liverpool players already (Mignolet/Clyne/Firmino)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Before WC and chip madness I had only to do 1 FT to make 11 and be happy with my team. But now...

Darmian, Bolasie, Mitrovic ---> Rose, Alli, Defoe. (-4) Bring on more madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I see people here and on twitter going for Rose. Has something changed regarding the perpetual Poch rotation of full backs? Owned Toby for so long stopped paying any attention to the other Spurs defenders.

I'm probably gonna get a Spurs def back in and he'd be ideal if secure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:
    I see people here and on twitter going for Rose. Has something changed regarding the perpetual Poch rotation of full backs? Owned Toby for so long stopped paying any attention to the other Spurs defenders.

Rose has started every game since Spurs got knocked out of FA cup and EL (ie only focusing on the league)
    I'd be shocked if he was dropped at this stage if the season.

He doesn't seem to rotate anymore, Spurs are pretty much like Leicester these days, same starting XI for everygame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »

Would think Rose and Walker are secure until Spurs have nothing to play for and then Trippier/Davies will get a match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Spurs team picks itself these days, can't see us rotating any players till the league is gone.

Thanks Lads. I think double Arsenal defence is no longer warranted and Spurs clean sheets damage me greatly at present.

May even do it for a hit this week as they've a great chance of a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If I did get Rose I can almost guarantee my good friend and part-time legend Ben Davies would start :)

lougal88 wrote: »
    Help me out here.

Want to get Kane and Sturridge in but its tough for cash.

Only way I can do it is Martial + Lukaku + Coutinho to Kane + Sturridge + Loftus-Cheek.

Worth it?
    Loftus Cheek isn't a bad shout if he is guaranteed to start, not much else in that price range apart from the 3 Leicester midfielder boys, M'Villa or Hoolahan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

In a stroke of madness last night I got rid of KDB, Funes Mori, Rashford & Lanzini and brought in Alli, Morgan, Kane & King. Not sure how I feel about it in the light of day :pac: I'm liking the front line of Aguero, Kane, Sturridge a lot though!

I'm liking the front line of Aguero, Kane, Sturridge a lot though!

Its pretty cool alright!

383942.png

I'm a sucker for a super heavy front 3, often to my cost as I often overlook cheaper forwards (Ighalo this year, Kane and Austin last year) so this week has been very satisfying on that front too! :)

Smalling to PVA
    Or Payet to Milner
    To allow martial to Sturridge ????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

km79 wrote: »
    Smalling to PVA
    Or Payet to Milner
    Smalling to PVA.

Payet is just too good to drop. Smalling is overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Smalling to PVA
    Or Payet to Milner

With Iwobi in your team I'd remove Payet. Guess you have to factor in a dearer re-buy or go with Noble for GW37 on. :)

ElTel wrote: »
    With Iwobi in your team I'd remove Payet. Guess you have to factor in a dearer re-buy or go with Noble for GW37 on. :)

or lanzini .......I dunno I'm only thinking out loud
    I could always just go martial to Defoe and leave it at that
    I'll be looking at moving mahrez out in advance of 37 too I think so he could become a West ham midfielder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

or lanzini .......I dunno I'm only thinking out loud
    I could always just go martial to Defoe and leave it at that
    I'll be looking at moving mahrez out in advance of 37 too I think so he could become a West ham midfielder

Iwobi + Martial to Defore and Millner?

Loftus Cheek isn't a bad shout if he is guaranteed to start, not much else in that price range apart from the 3 Leicester midfielder boys, M'Villa or Hoolahan

He's started the last 3 and scored against Villa. Will do as bench player in 36.

Really just an enabler for Kane and Sturridge.

That front 3 of Aguero Kane Sturridge is too enticing. Also with Coutinho being rested against Bournemouth I'm happy enough to get Sturridge in instead.

ElTel wrote: »
    Iwobi + Martial to Defore and Millner?

I think I want Sturridge !
    Will see how Iwobi goes tonight
    I'm thinking more about this and it could be a very smart move actually thanks

Martial to Pelle done, not sure whether to do Mahrez to Alli. Both teams fixtures aren't great gw36 onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Thoughts on this:

Ward, Ozil and Origi to
    Dave, Stanislas and Sturridge

Will give me 10 players and no keeper - don't think makes sense to take a hit for a keeper.
    Mainly want Sturridge and this is the only way that really works - Ozil has gone off the boil lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Martial to Pelle done, not sure whether to do Mahrez to Alli. Both teams fixtures aren't great gw36 onwards.
    I feel weirdly assured now that you've joined me in the Pelle owners club.

I feel weirdly assured now that you've joined me in the Pelle owners club.

Pelle is my boy, I had him in the earlier part of the season and he did wonders for me :cool:

You should also note that my season has absolutley fallen apart and I fully expect Pelle to return 2 points :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

are people not worried about sturridge starting. He is liverpools only fit striker. I read origi is to be out for minimum 2 weeks. If true that means sturridge starts next thursday. I think there is a 50/50 chance he starts. I also think there is a bigger chance he doesnt start gw36 against swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Have both Milner and Firmino, will move one on for Alli for a hit. Presume Firmino will get more game time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

are people not worried about sturridge starting. He is liverpools only fit striker. I read origi is to be out for minimum 2 weeks. If true that means sturridge starts next thursday. I think there is a 50/50 chance he starts. I also think there is a bigger chance he doesnt start gw36 against swansea.

Could Benteke start instead of him in the league? I haven't been following 'Pool that closely lately.

Worried about it all right. Will be watching Klopp's comments closely and monitor what happens v Newcastle. He's in the best form and fitness of the last 2 years and will want to play though. Tough call if you don't have him and considering buying though as he could easily score big vs Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea unfortunately I think you're right. I think Benteke will get some games in the league when he's back from his injury and Sturridge will be the main man in the Europa league. It's annoying as I was gonna bring Sturridge in but I'll have to wait for the team news.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Could Benteke start instead of him in the league? I haven't been following 'Pool that closely lately.

Benteke has been injured and only "nearing a return to full training" according to Dinnery.

Here's his opinion re Studge starting vs Newcastle from earlier today...

"Benteke is close but Sturridge starts."

Worried about it all right. Will be watching Klopp's comments closely and monitor what happens v Newcastle. He's in the best form and fitness of the last 2 years and will want to play though. Tough call if you don't have him and considering buying though as he could easily score big vs Newcastle.

I'm only after decimating my team to get him!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Even if he doesn't start, I'd rather than an in form Sturridge for half an hour over most other strikers for 90.

• Advertisement
Advertisement