Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW35 Transfers. Or, managing to field 11 players.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Defoe in for Martial.

Fielding 11.

I need every week to count now.

My only worry is that Sakho may not start. It depends how much rest Klopp wants to give players before Villareal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Even if he doesn't start, I'd rather than an in form Sturridge for half an hour over most other strikers for 90.

He is in irresistible form. He has hit the woodwork at least 3 times over the DGW as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I've also just done Lukaku to Defoe. I now have Pelle and Defore and no Sturridge, Alli or Kane. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

SlickRic wrote: »
    Defoe in for Martial.

Fielding 11.

I need every week to count now.

My only worry is that Sakho may not start. It depends how much rest Klopp wants to give players before Villareal.

What night is the villereal game on?

Only time will tell re LFC.

Klopp could easily play Firminio up top in Europe which would mean Sturridge still gets gametime in the league or he could start Sturridge in Europe and then not a chance he'll get any league minutes.

I have Sturridge but won't do anything until I see who starts against Villareal. If Sturridge does start then Benteke will get minutes in the league.

I think Sturridge will start in Europe and lose league minutes. Klopp will be playing a second 11 while he is still in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Worried about it all right. Will be watching Klopp's comments closely and monitor what happens v Newcastle. He's in the best form and fitness of the last 2 years and will want to play though. Tough call if you don't have him and considering buying though as he could easily score big vs Newcastle.

Id love to bring him in and definetly would if origi is fit. Its hard to know what will happen the fact its 5 days before EL and that he only played 35 mins last night is in his favour. However they really cant afford any more injuries in the front 6 as they are already down can, henderson and origi. It only leaves allen, lucas, milner, coutinho, firmino, llalana and sturridge. 7 players for 6 spots for the EL game.
    Worst case scenario he doesnt start 35, if he starts away to villareal I really cant see him start against swansea in 36. Cant see him starting both games of the double in 37. Then in 38 if they make the final its 3 days after the last league game. I dont see him start that game either. The other side is maybe origis injury isnt that bad and that sturridge can do serious damage even with limited minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Benteke close to returning also just to confuse it more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

siblers wrote: »
    Loftus Cheek isn't a bad shout if he is guaranteed to start, not much else in that price range apart from the 3 Leicester midfielder boys, M'Villa or Hoolahan

Chelsea seem to be on a wild experimental phase with their season over. After that thumping against City I'd say the whole 11 who started could be swiped.

• Advertisement

Even if he doesn't start, I'd rather than an in form Sturridge for half an hour over most other strikers for 90.

I agree and its fine if you currently own him . However if you dont own him its hard to bring someone in this particular week due to it being a skinny week if your not sure if they will start. Then you just look at the fixture and think potential hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I agree and its fine if you currently own him . However if you dont own him its hard to bring someone in this particular week due to it being a skinny week if your not sure if they will start. Then you just look at the fixture and think potential hat trick.

this is the dilemna
    and it's a -4 as well
    or else defoe for free or Shane long as a one week punt as I'm not mad on defoes prospects before 37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Don't think Benteke will get much time up front imo...more than likely Firmino up top for the league games and Sturridge for the semi-final. Don't quote me on this though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Don't think Benteke will get much time up front imo...more than likely Firmino up top for the league games and Sturridge for the semi-final. Don't quote me on this though

Oh. Sorry.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

What night is the villereal game on?

Thursday.

Absolutely agree. I have Sturridge so I'll see what happens but no way I'd be using a FT to bring him in for this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Sturridge in for Lukaku, it's bit of a risk but happy enough to take a gamble on him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Xaniaj wrote: »
    Have both Milner and Firmino, will move one on for Alli for a hit. Presume Firmino will get more game time?

I'd hold both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sturridge in for Lukaku, it's bit of a risk but happy enough to take a gamble on him

Same here, he replaces Martial with even 30mins he coild bag a goal. Proper fpl player when fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Can exactly do Bolasie + Mitrovic -> Alli + Kane for -4.

Payet -> Mahrez for an extra -4 is an option too.

Then may only have 2 defs (Delaney & Fosu Mensah blank + Gabriel rotation). Can't afford any Spurs def unless I downgrade Payet to Mahrez. That'd rise it up to -12 though.
    I'm thinking maybe Gabriel/Delaney -> Simpson for -4. Worth it?

I'm terrified by Klopp & Pellegrini potential rotations. Could lead me to only field Sanchez, Bellerin and my Spurs/Leicester acquisitions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Vardy's suspension fecked me up!
    Only have 10. Might have to take -4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Taken a -8 for

Smalling > Rose
    KDB > Alli
    Lukaku > Aguero

Team back in shape and reasonably well setup for the next couple of game weeks.

dahat wrote: »
    Same here, he replaces Martial with even 30mins he coild bag a goal. Proper fpl player when fit.

If fit it's sanchez aguero and then sturridge as my top 3.

iroced wrote: »
    Can exactly do Bolasie + Mitrovic -> Alli + Kane for -4.

Payet -> Mahrez for an extra -4 is an option too.

Then may only have 2 defs (Delaney & Fosu Mensah blank + Gabriel rotation). Can't afford any Spurs def unless I downgrade Payet to Mahrez. That'd rise it up to -12 though.
    I'm thinking maybe Gabriel/Delaney -> Simpson for -4. Worth it?

I'm terrified by Klopp & Pellegrini potential rotations. Could lead me to only field Sanchez, Bellerin and my Spurs/Leicester acquisitions...
    I'd do the Alli and Kane one. If you think Gabriel has lost his place for good get a Sunderland Def. You get a game this week and a dgw 37 out of him which should easily clear the -4. Your probably looking at a - 8 with payet to take him out and put him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Lads, is it worth taking a -8 this week on the back of a high-scoring GW34? I played my WC in GW33, and loaded up with DGW players, knowing that GW35 would bite me in the ass!

I need to get Kane and Alli, or possibly Mane, in my team, but to do so I have to chop some funds somewhere ( I was looking at Lukaku to Borini/Defoe/Long) which will result in a -8. It'd mean I'd have 11 to field, depending on who Klopp and Wenger field

Poor game week planning, I know! But, I just couldn't help the beautiful sight of having so many DGW players :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I had a poor DGW34. Even with BB I only scored 116 (-4). I'm also left with this mess:

Mignolet
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Dawson, Sakho
    Mahrez, Ozil, Milner
    Aguero, Mitrovic

No game: Robles, Dann, Bolasie, Payet, Martial

I think a -4 for Bolasie and Martial to Alli and Kane (c) is a complete no-brainer, and gives me 12 players. However,given the likelyhood that Gabriel and Mitro won't start and the Liverpool lads could be rotated, is it worth another hit to replace Dann (no idea who with!)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Really want/need to get Kane & Alli in asap……..will mean selling one of KDB or Sanchez and dumping AntonyMartial3PointsinDGWffs.

Had also considered getting rid of Firminio but Origi’s injury has changed his immediate prospects I reckon.

Will see how Arsenal and Sanchez(c) get on tonight – another meh performance will see Alexis getting the bullet

Well it looks like the end of the line for KDB for me I think - can someone please post something like "He'll probably more than likely definitely be rested against Stoke ahead of the Real Madrid game" to make my decision a bit easier

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Well it looks like the end of the line for KDB for me I think - can someone please post something like "He'll probably more than likely definitely be rested against Stoke ahead of the Real Madrid game" to make my decision a bit easier

He'll probably more than likely definitely be rested against Stoke ahead of the Real Madrid game :D:D

Can't shake the itch to sign Sturridge .........too risky to sell Payet so will mean selling smalling
    For PVA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ozil
    Lukaku
    Martial all out

Sanchez
    Defoe
    Kane all in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Does anyone think gabriel might get back in the starting 11? Worth taking a -4 to get rid of him? I only have 10 others (hopefully) starting so nobody who can sub in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm in a bit of a mess as well.

Mignolet
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Sakho
    Mahrez, Ozil, Milner, KDB
    Aguero, Mitrovic

Robles, Cresswell, Delaney, Payet, Rashford with no game.

My main problem is funds - 1.7 ITB.

I could do Mitrovic and Payet to Alli and Kane but I don't fancy getting rid of Payet with his double in 37. I'm thinking the best way to free up funds is to ditch KDB.

KDB > Alli
    Mitrovic > Kane
    Delaney > PVA

That's a -8. Would people recommend that sort of hit if I'm doing a lot of chasing in my main leagues?

Or I can just bank the transfer, avoid hits and hope that all my players start so I can field 10?

John83 wrote: »

Mignolet
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Sakho
    Aguero, Mitrovic

Robles, Delaney, Payet, Rashford with no game.

I could do Mitrovic and Payet to Alli and Kane but I don't fancy getting rid of Payet with his double in 37. I'm thinking the best way to free up funds is to ditch KDB.

KDB > Alli
    Mitrovic > Kane
    Delaney > PVA

That's a -8. Would people recommend that sort of hit if I'm doing a lot of chasing in my main leagues?

Or I can just bank the transfer, avoid hits and hope that all my players start so I can field 10?

Quite similar to my 'mess' (See post 226 above)

I think Kane is too dangerous to do without this week, so given your lack of funds KDB probably has to go, unless you can transfer out a defender? who is ur 5th defender?

I'm still mulling a Dann to PVA transfer for a further -4, but haven't made a final call yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Benimar wrote: »

I think Kane is too dangerous to do without this week, so given your lack of funds KDB probably has to go, unless you can transfer out a defender? who is ur 5th defender?

I'm still mulling a Dann to PVA transfer for a further -4, but haven't made a final call yet.

With my mess similar to your mess, I'm also going Bolasie/Martial to Kane/Alli for one hit. Sunderland have Arsenal at home so getting one of their defenders may not be the thing. The second hit I'm contemplating is Mitrovic to a southampton striker. They have poor fixtures after this week but I'll probably get Defoe in to this slot soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Does anyone think gabriel might get back in the starting 11? Worth taking a -4 to get rid of him? I only have 10 others (hopefully) starting so nobody who can sub in.
    Who knows. Wenger doesn't like to change CBs and Mertesacker just kept a cleansheet, but Defoe could run him ragged. If I had to guess, I'd say Mertesacker starts again

Cresswell is my fifth defender (fixed now). Again with his double in 37 I'm reluctant to get rid. He still couldn't fund Kane though. I'd still need a -8.

Are you thinking that it's Kane at all costs even if it means not fielding a full team?

A -4 could leave me with

Mignolet
    Bellerin, Sakho
    Mahrez, Ozil, Milner, Alli
    Aguero, Kane

And hope that Gabriel and Mitrovic are involved in some way. Could actually use AOA?

smith def out means as least one transfer
    .6 in the bank leaves me .1 shirt for PVA but can afford kaboul and the rest........a lot depends on who I want in for martial
    I'm defo not keeping him double or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Mignolet
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Sakho
    Aguero, Mitrovic

Robles, Cresswell, Delaney, Payet, Rashford with no game.

KDB > Alli
    Mitrovic > Kane
    Delaney > PVA

- 1.7m in the bank that's tough.
    Gabriel is not going to play is he, also have Coutinho who might get rested and already on -4. Have another 9.

Cresswell is my fifth defender (fixed now). Again with his double in 37 I'm reluctant to get rid. He still couldn't fund Kane though. I'd still need a -8.

Are you thinking that it's Kane at all costs even if it means not fielding a full team?

A -4 could leave me with

Mignolet
    Bellerin, Sakho
    Mahrez, Ozil, Milner, Alli
    Aguero, Kane

And hope that Gabriel and Mitrovic are involved in some way. Could actually use AOA?

You can't use AOA, you don't have a 5th midfielder to play this week.

At the moment I'm leaning towards limiting myself to a -4, which gives me the same 11 (+Dawson) as you.

I think Mitrovic will get game time but it might be a 1 pointer again. Not sure he warrants a -4 though, if I was taking a -4 I think I'd do the Delaney to PVA one, at least you are increasing the number of players with a game.

You can't use AOA, you don't have a 5th midfielder to play this week.

At the moment I'm leaning towards limiting myself to a -4, which gives me the same 11 (+Dawson) as you.

I think Mitrovic will get game time but it might be a 1 pointer again. Not sure he warrants a -4 though, if I was taking a -4 I think I'd do the Delaney to PVA one, at least you are increasing the number of players with a game.

Yeah I think I'll limit myself to a -4 as well. After all the rotation last week we're probably due some luck this weekend. No Liverpool rotation, Gabriel to play and Kane/Alli to pay back the points hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'd do the Alli and Kane one. If you think Gabriel has lost his place for good get a Sunderland Def. You get a game this week and a dgw 37 out of him which should easily clear the -4. Your probably looking at a - 8 with payet to take him out and put him back in.
    I have no idea re Gabriel. I had planned him or Delaney out but figured Gabriel out gives me more flexibility if I want a second Arsenal attacker in GW38.

Unfortunately, can't afford PVA so would you get Kaboul?
    -4 for a game against Arsenal that still need to secure a top4 finish and maybe even top3 (to avoid CL summer play-off) doesn't sound great though. While Leicester odds for a CS are probably high.

Yeah I think I'll limit myself to a -4 as well. After all the rotation last week we're probably due some luck this weekend. No Liverpool rotation, Gabriel to play and Kane/Alli to pay back the points hit.

No Liverpool rotation the week of the euro semi .......... Prepare for heartache :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Lads

Everyone talking about Pelle but will he start?

Thought Long was the main striker?

km79 wrote: »
    No Liverpool rotation the week of the euro semi .......... Prepare for heartache :D

It's the wishful thinker in me that posted that. I expect a full rotation again :(

There will be, but I think it will be GW36, not this week. Can see 11 changes for the Swansea game, but just tinkering around the edges for Newcastle. I don't have him but I actually think Sturridge will play, I have a feeling Klopp will go with Firmino on thursday for workrate in an away game.

At a guess I think the team for Newcastle will be: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Stewart, Milner, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge. Possibly Ojo for one of Lallana or Coutinho.

Then again, I didn't see last sundays team coming at all :P

There will be, but I think it will be GW36, not this week. Can see 11 changes for the Swansea game, but just tinkering around the edges for Newcastle. I don't have him but I actually think Sturridge will play, I have a feeling Klopp will go with Firmino on thursday for workrate in an away game.

At a guess I think the team for Newcastle will be: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Stewart, Milner, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge. Possibly Ojo for one of Lallana or Coutinho.

Then again, I didn't see last sundays team coming at all :P

Assumed pool played Sunday but it's Saturday so rotation may not be as bad
    A leaked team tonight would be nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Shipping Martial out for Kane but tempted to go for a punt on Costa as a differential!

tmc86 wrote: »
    Shipping Martial out for Kane but tempted to go for a punt on Costa as a differential!

Just buy Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iroced wrote: »
    I have no idea re Gabriel. I had planned him or Delaney out but figured Gabriel out gives me more flexibility if I want a second Arsenal attacker in GW38.

Unfortunately, can't afford PVA so would you get Kaboul?
    -4 for a game against Arsenal that still need to secure a top4 finish and maybe even top3 (to avoid CL summer play-off) doesn't sound great though. While Leicester odds for a CS are probably high.
    I'd rather Kone to Kaboul for non-PVA Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Just buy Kane

Ha, I've just transferred him in. Sometimes you just need to air your madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Would a -4 hit be worth it to bring in Sanchez

• Advertisement
Advertisement