Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW35 Transfers. Or, managing to field 11 players.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Oh god, help a girl out!
    I don't know how I ended up in this mess...
    I've one free transfer.
    Any suggestions for who to bring in?
    I've still got my triple captain to play thank god!!!

Coleman -> Alderweirald/Rose
    Martial -> Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hoping for a leaked pool team before I go to bed tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »

Hoping for a leaked pool team before I go to bed tonight

You going to catch a game?
    The leaked team last weekend was fairly accurate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

HART

MORGAN VAN D CAWSON WILLIAMS

OZIL MAHREZ ALLI

KUN STUDGE KANE

HENNY BARKLEY FOSU ZAHA

I have 1 FT and think i will keep WC for dwg,TC is also available but not sure whether to go on any of the front3 all of whom could clock goals this W/END.
    Any advice,11starters who i think should all play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mignolet

Simpson, Bellerin, Gabriel, Sakho

De Bryune, Alli, Bolasie, Sanchez

Kane, Aguero

Robles, Ward, Payet, Martial

€1.2m & 1FT

Cant trust Gabriel to Start so I'm thinking of a 4 point hit for Bolasie to King (Cant have Iwobi) & Martial out anyone up to 10.6m to spend

Alternative options are welcome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I wouldn't do that move for free, I'll have big Mahrez fear on Sunday. Swansea are not good away from home

But Mahrez has been so poor for weeks at this stage. I need to make up 40 points in my money league so maybe this is the type of risk to take and roll with it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SantryRed wrote: »
    But Mahrez has been so poor for weeks at this stage. I need to make up 40 points in my money league so maybe this is the type of risk to take and roll with it...

I benched Mahrez v Swansea once. Didn't end well if I recall.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

FHFC wrote: »
    I benched Mahrez v Swansea once. Didn't end well if I recall.... :)

Ok, Mahrez stays.

You and Ziegler can expect angry PMs on Monday night if Alli goes off on one...

Invincible wrote: »
    You going to catch a game?
    The leaked team last weekend was fairly accurate!

Fa cup semi !
    A united game I can enjoy without worrying about fantasy points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have the exact money for Smalling, Fosu and Martial to Kane, Rose and Simpson. -8 but good chance of 2 cleanies and they're nailed on starters for the rest of the season hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Fa cup semi !

Hmmm, that's a rarity with Mr Van Gaal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Fa cup semi !

Ya just know that big Belgian troll is gonna fill his boots when there is no FPL points at stake too.

And I dont mean Fellaini :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone know why Gabriel didn't play against WBA? Currently have 11 players playing including him but worried he won't be involved again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pva in for delaney.only 10 players and making kane captain.

Still torn on Gabriel or Fosu out.

Good points made earlier about freeing up more cash and an Arsenal slot by moving Gabriel. But if he does come back in this week they have Norwich at home in 36 where the double defence would be attractive again.

Fosu might offer a route into Uniteds dgw37 and I just know if I sell him he'll play every minute and get a goal. If I do sell him it'll be tricky to get another United defensive option for 37 without hits.

But I'll probably take a hit or 2 anyway.

Leaning (back) towards selling Tim and having Gabriel as possible cover for Liverpool rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I considered getting Harry Kane in for the first time in about 12 months but I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb at this stage, Pelle it is, might even toss him the armband.

Good points made earlier about freeing up more cash and an Arsenal slot by moving Gabriel. But if he does come back in this week they have Norwich at home in 36 where the double defence would be attractive again.

Fosu might offer a route into Uniteds dgw37 and I just know if I sell him he'll play every minute and get a goal. If I do sell him it'll be tricky to get another United defensive option for 37 without hits.

Leaning (back) towards selling Tim and having Gabriel as possible cover for Liverpool rotation.

The Norwich game is part of the reason I'm hanging on to Gabriel. Plus they have Villa at home in their final game too if he keeps his place. At this stage I'd rather have a sgw player like Rose in 37 rather than Fosu who may or may not start both or one or neither of the games. Also United could very easily concede in both their games in 37 so they're not as attractive an option as they were in 34.

The Norwich game is part of the reason I'm hanging on to Gabriel. Plus they have Villa at home in their final game too if he keeps his place. At this stage I'd rather have a sgw player like Rose in 37 rather than Fosu who may or may not start both or one or neither of the games. Also United could very easily concede in both their games in 37 so they're not as attractive an option as they were in 34.

Yeah. Think I'm set. The Villa in 38 argument does also suggest freeing a spot for a 2nd Arsenal attacker may be wise. But that can still be done I suppose.

Yeah. Think I'm set. The Villa in 38 argument does also suggest freeing a spot for a 2nd Arsenal attacker may be wise. But that can still be done I suppose.

True but apart from Ozil and Sanchez, I don't know if anyone else will be worth the risk. Ramsey, Wilshere and Cazorla all coming back from injury should get minutes. Then there's Theo who's woefully out of form and may not start in 38 like last year. The backline may be the safest potential source of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Is Schmeichel and Simpson overkill for Leicester defence? Also means that I won't be able to get Vardy back into the team if I keep those two and Mahrez.

Have Robles and De Gea in goals so it was always planned I'd transfer a GK this week. Nobody seems to stand out other than Kasper, with a defence of Gabriel, Bellerin, Delaney and Sakho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Smalling -> PVA
    Lanzini -> Alli

I couldn't bring myself to get rid of KDB if he has any kind of chance tomorrow, it'll end in tears whatever I do but still. I need Alli and/or Kane so went for the affordable option.

Gabriel is manning the bench, cue the goal and clean sheet and actual appearance he was overdue last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone any idea if Martina is a guaranteed starter for Southampton now?

Is Schmeichel and Simpson overkill for Leicester defence? Also means that I won't be able to get Vardy back into the team if I keep those two and Mahrez.

Have Robles and De Gea in goals so it was always planned I'd transfer a GK this week. Nobody seems to stand out other than Kasper, with a defence of Gabriel, Bellerin, Delaney and Sakho.

Lloris out of your budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ward to PVA
    Robles to Begovic

I think Gabriel starts. He started after the 3-3 draw with the Hammers but was rested against Pulis and maybe understandably. He's played in 7 consecutive previously.

I think if he was being dropped by Wenger it would have been evident in the Palace game.

At LFC I expect Sakho to start but only if Skrtel isn't fit.

any leaked pool team?
    or arsenal ?
    Im wrecked tired and don't know what I'm doing anymore :D
    can get 11 out with just one transfer of iwobi starts and even if he doesn't he will prob get minutes anyway .......I'm so very tempted by sturridge still so........
    A - Smith to any sland defender except PVA as I'm .1 short.......
    B - Smalling to PVA and martial to sturridge -4 ( can only afford .1 swing tonight )
    C Martial to Long
    D Martial to Defoe
    E Iwobi to Milner and martial to Defoe -4

if I go B then I have to choose to play PVA or iwobi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Is it likely Iwobi will be rested by Arsenal this week?

He's a young player with a lot of games in last month or so.Would ship him out if I thought he wouldn't start tomorrow.

Thanks for any feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I have no idea how many of my players will play this weekend but i've already taken a -8 and i'll be fairly delighted to field 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Mitrovic -> Defoe

Leaves me with 11. Bit worried about Gabriel, Sakho and De Bruyne but think I'll take my chances.

• Advertisement

Lloris out of your budget?

He isn't actually! Can't believe I've missed that one, cheers! Been thinking about Mignolet as well with Liverpool in full flow and them having DGW37 as well, but I'll probably go with Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

any leaked pool team?
    or arsenal ?
    Im wrecked tired and don't know what I'm doing anymore :D
    can get 11 out with just one transfer of iwobi starts and even if he doesn't he will prob get minutes anyway .......I'm so very tempted by sturridge still so........
    A - Smith to any sland defender except PVA as I'm .1 short.......
    B - Smalling to PVA and martial to sturridge -4 ( can only afford .1 swing tonight )
    C Martial to Long
    D Martial to Defoe
    E Iwobi to Milner and martial to Defoe -4

if I go B then I have to choose to play PVA or iwobi!

What frontline is it for? Aguero Kane and Martial replacement?

What about AD? At worst it'll be Chaos AD :pac:...

More seriously Defoe is a good shout for 37 and Sunderland have something big at stake. So is Mr P...VA :p.

You can even do DA way over 2 GWs if you don't want to take a 4 pts hit for a def.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Rushy Fields

Defoe or pelle?

iroced wrote: »
    What frontline is it for? Aguero Kane and Martial replacement?

What about AD? At worst it'll be Chaos AD :pac:...

More seriously Defoe is a good shout for 37 and Sunderland have something big at stake. So is Mr P...VA :p.

You can even do DA way over 2 GWs if you don't want to take a 4 pts hit for a def.

yes aguero Kane
    my thinking is I will prob eventually take a -4 to switch smith for gw37 and !maybe this week may be worthwhile IF iwobi misses out
    not mad on having both PVA and Defoe whilst having no pool at home to Newcastle !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

:D

It was going to take a special player to take over from Mickey Turner. PVA has certainly been worthy of the honour/curse :pac:

Is it likely Iwobi will be rested by Arsenal this week?

He's a young player with a lot of games in last month or so.Would ship him out if I thought he wouldn't start tomorrow.

Thanks for any feedback.

It's a tough one alright. Campbell was really strong when he came on last night. Although I would have thought that, if Iwobi were to be rested, he would have been mid-week.

Wilshere could be back in the squad and Ramsey could start playing on the wing again with Coquelin partnering Elneny in midfield (which I would consider unlikely).

I don't know for sure, but I think it's a toss-up between him and Campbell, and Wenger seems to prefer Iwobi a lot more. I'd predict Iwobi starting, but could see him taken off early.

• Advertisement

a quick search of Twitter seems to suggest firmino up front sturridge on bench.......enough uncertainty for me to stay away reluctantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Migonlet

Rose Clichy Gabriel

Sanchez KDB Coutinho Iwobi

Aguero Sturridge Defoe

Bench: Smalling, Fosu-mensah, Payet

Have 11 'available' starters after one hit with 0.5 in the bank. Only about 3/4 players guaranteed starters by my reckoning but at the same time there is no one I would rule out altogether - conceivaby 11 players could play.

So any advice? Any more transfers worth making or just sit and pray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Went Lukaku to Kane to bring me to 11 players. Hopefully Gabriel and Sakho start and KDB gets enough gametime to do damage.

Jeez...

I just realised if I do Bolasie + Mitrovic -> Alli + Kane, I'm only fielding 10 players! And that's with KDB, Coutinho, Sakho AND Gabriel all playing!

Hopefully the former'll play with Pellegrini saying he'll field a strong squad. But the others I'm not sure. Klopp's been changing a lot. Though Coutinho should be pretty fresh :p!

So I may take another 4 pts hit with Payet -> Mahrez. Payet could be bought back for Coutinho in 36 or 37.

What do you guys think? Would you go for it? Would you play 10? I think another 4 pts hit for a def is riskier...

a quick search of Twitter seems to suggest firmino up front sturridge on bench.......enough uncertainty for me to stay away reluctantly
    And Coutinho & Sakho?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Already done Martial to Kane to take me to 11. Is it worth doing Mitrovic to Defoe for -4?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Already done Martial to Kane to take me to 11. Is it worth doing Mitrovic to Defoe for -4?
    It depends how many transfers you plan on doing for GW37. Defoe should (yeah let's be prudent now :p) be a good pick for this late double.
    Now, home to Arsenal vs Mitrovic away to 'Pool on the bench :p. It's 50/50.
    If you have several other transfers planned for 37 you may as well do this one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hennessey --> Begovic done for -4 to give me 11

One week punt and then leave him on the bench for the season.

fk it not taking a hit
    and villa are poison .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

KDB > Alli
    Martial > Sturridge

Bit of a risk, but fcuk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Have 10 playing but 3 of those are Coutinho, Sakho and Gabriel....risky, but I want to bank my transfer for next week to sort my team for DGW37

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Anyone any idea if Martina is a guaranteed starter for Southampton now?

Don't get you know who started! Considered him but played safe (I hope) with Berty. Guaranteed and Koeman is a pipe-dream when it comes to selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I considered getting Harry Kane in for the first time in about 12 months but I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb at this stage, Pelle it is, might even toss him the armband.

Gave in. Vardy and Origi were the concerns. I'm capping him but may not stay in WC team.

FFS has Mignolet Flanagan K Touré Skrtel Smith Allen Stewart Milner Firmino Ojo Sturridge

Guardian has Mignolet Randall K Touré Skrtel Smith Stewart Lucas Allen Ojo Firmino Ibe

Not sure how much they can be trusted but both neither have Coutinho nor Sakho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

FFS has Mignolet Flanagan K Touré Skrtel Smith Allen Stewart Milner Firmino Ojo Sturridge

Guardian has Mignolet Randall K Touré Skrtel Smith Stewart Lucas Allen Ojo Firmino Ibe

Not sure how much they can be trusted but both neither have Coutinho nor Sakho.

Both spell disaster for me. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement