Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor led lighting

Options
  • 16-04-2016 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Was in pricing led lighting for outdoors, one with senor and also want about 20 soffit led lights. Spotted this 12w led light with senor which i really like, asked for the price and it was 221 euro(denik make if i remember correctly) and near had a heart attack with the price lol. I was maybe hoping id get something decent for between 80-100 euro but cant even find anything online. Anyone know of a good led floodlight with sensor for this type of money.

Also, anywhere that does nice bright spot lights for soffit. Want between 15-20 of these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

soccercrew wrote: »
    Was in pricing led lighting for outdoors, one with senor and also want about 20 soffit led lights. Spotted this 12w led light with senor which i really like, asked for the price and it was 221 euro(denik make if i remember correctly) and near had a heart attack with the price lol. I was maybe hoping id get something decent for between 80-100 euro but cant even find anything online. Anyone know of a good led floodlight with sensor for this type of money.

Also, anywhere that does nice bright spot lights for soffit. Want between 15-20 of these.

Good quality LED floods are still very expensive, but you need to be wary of the very cheap stuff.

The TV equipment suppliers TV trade who have a very good rep are now selling a range of reasonably priced LED floodlights, I'd imagine the quality will be all right.

http://www.freetv.ie/electrical/lighting.html

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soccercrew

Hoagy wrote: »
    Good quality LED floods are still very expensive, but you need to be wary of the very cheap stuff.

The TV equipment suppliers TV trade who have a very good rep are now selling a range of reasonably priced LED floodlights, I'd imagine the quality will be all right.

http://www.freetv.ie/electrical/lighting.html

Was in woodies and online screwfix and might just go withtheir products but when you say be weary, what do you mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

soccercrew wrote: »
    Was in woodies and online screwfix and might just go withtheir products but when you say be weary, what do you mean ?

Just that very cheap fittings will have low quality LED's in them and won't have a decent lamp life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Robbie1985

If u go to any gud elec wholeseller they will have a range of led lights from 10 w up to 100w, cef u will get a 30w for prob €50 -€60 And for ur soffit jus get gu10 soffit lights an put a 3w gu10 led into them.. Cheapest and best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

I have bought from futureled.ie a good few times in the last few years, and have had zero issues with quality, not one led has blown as of yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement