Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kingston story: Bidders fail to pay up for auctioned cows

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭54and56

case885 wrote: »
    If this is true then why hasn't it happened in Japan who have used quantitative easing for years?

I really don't know but then no one really knows what the eventual outcome of endless and massive QE will be.

What I do know is that when there is an over supply of anything, whether it is oil, labour or money itself it loses it's inherent value. How much money has to be printed in Japan, the EU and the USA before the tipping point is reached? I've no idea. I'm just proposing that if QE keeps going at some stage, maybe next year, maybe in ten years time, an event or series of events we can't anticipate right now will trigger a loss of confidence in fiat currencies resulting in a run on banks, massive inflation etc etc.

It's just a pet theory, don't put your house on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

I really don't know but then no one really knows what the eventual outcome of endless and massive QE will be.

What I do know is that when there is an over supply of anything, whether it is oil, labour or money itself it loses it's inherent value. How much money has to be printed in Japan, the EU and the USA before the tipping point is reached? I've no idea. I'm just proposing that if QE keeps going at some stage, maybe next year, maybe in ten years time, an event or series of events we can't anticipate right now will trigger a loss of confidence in fiat currencies resulting in a run on banks, massive inflation etc etc.

It's just a pet theory, don't put your house on it!!!

Central banks are desperately trying to create growth and inflation but they seem to be going about it in the wrong way by channelling the QE away from the real economy thereby avoiding the problem of hyperinflation but failing at least for now to create inflation.
    Instead they are creating disparity which could be more dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Water John wrote: »
    We also did not one but two tax amnesties. One by a LB Min of Finance.

That means we officially gave a nod and wink to the black economy.
    Democracy should have fallen, according to some, here.

You have to be worth it though John.

Obviously not everybody is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

on a lighter note you gotta love the smell from a bactidiaryrl powder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Central banks are desperately trying to create growth and inflation but they seem to be going about it in the wrong way by channelling the QE away from the real economy thereby avoiding the problem of hyperinflation but failing at least for now to create inflation. Instead they are creating disparity which could be more dangerous.

Time for a few thousand euro for everyone in the audience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Here we go again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

whelan2 wrote: »

Banks will finish this at any cost, they have to make an example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

rangler1 wrote: »
    The longer it's going on, the worse the authorities involved in this are looking. They want blood at any cost.

This may yet end up a pyrrhic victory for them.

The longer it's going on, the worse the authorities involved in this are looking. They want blood at any cost.

This may yet end up a pyrrhic victory for them.

doesn't matter, they're gone from the country now.
    They don't care what we think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

jd wrote: »
    Time for a few thousand euro for everyone in the audience!

helicopter money , its being considered

The " any any cost" suggest you have an alternative

what can banks do only try and recover whatever proportion they can

BoatMad wrote: »

Looks like they're going to take everything and they'll do it at any cost, they've have already spent more than the value of the stock selling the stock..... that's at any cost as far as i'm concerned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Read Lonergan, that is exactly what he suggests. Put a few thousand into everyones bank account. Real QE.

Yes, the bank is gone are are going to simply liquidate any asset.

But the gallop of others to follow may be slowed if things are a little more difficult.
    Some reached far too far, we all know that. But they could come for you too if things were very easy for them.

Looks like they're going to take everything and they'll do it at any cost, they've have already spent more than the value of the stock selling the stock..... that's at any cost as far as i'm concerned

I suspect the bank is not happy that it is not recovering as much as it can. the fact is they will proceed to sell ALL the kinstons assets until the judgement value is recovered. Thats the way it works

The kingstons will need to then declare bankruptcy to regularise their affairs and allow them to start again ( in whatever capacity )

given the mounts they owe other creditors , they would wise to seek bankruptcy protection as soon as possible , assuming they havent done so all ready. The last thing they need is a series of creditor judgements that will will encumber them perpetually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

I suspect the bank is not happy that it is not recovering as much as it can. the fact is they will proceed to sell ALL the kinstons assets until the judgement value is recovered. Thats the way it works

The kingstons will need to then declare bankruptcy to regularise their affairs and allow them to start again ( in whatever capacity )

given the mounts they owe other creditors , they would wise to seek bankruptcy protection as soon as possible , assuming they havent done so all ready. The last thing they need is a series of creditor judgements that will will encumber them perpetually

Honestly only executives in large organizations who are messing with opm would ever consider running up legal bills to make a point. No point in pursuing a debtor with no ability to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

BoatMad wrote:
    helicopter money , its being considered

Yup, I know. I wonder how well it would work.

jd wrote: »
    Yup, I know. I wonder how well it would work.

i dont know , however an extra couple of grand would not be something Id ignore :o:o

giving it to consumers would at least generate immediate consumer sentiment

however the Germans will never allow it , to many race memories

Boatmad, all they would want is for you to spend it, not leave it rest in your account.
    Its not money but the circulation of money and goods that runs an economy.

May have to wait until Schauble is retired. The same as we had to wait for Draghi. Pity he was not there earlier, we had threathening Trichet instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

i dont know , however an extra couple of grand would not be something Id ignore :o:o

giving it to consumers would at least generate immediate consumer sentiment

however the Germans will never allow it , to many race memories

There will never be helicopter money without proven Blockchain monies like Bitcoin etc...

Long way from that.

• Advertisement

Dawggone wrote: »
    There will never be helicopter money without proven Blockchain monies like Bitcoin etc...

Long way from that.

huh, the ECB could do helicopter money in the morning , unlike Bitcoins, the Euro is endless !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

There would be uproar amoung ordinary taxpayers if it came out that the banks were doing deals to let people off with money and keep assests way beyond what the ordinary person working could ever afford after the tax payer effectively bailed out banks already

And what dear Tom, do you think happens with developers buying assets at knock down price from NAMA???
    Welcome to the real world. Deals done.
    Larry was even bailed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Base price

And what dear Tom, do you think happens with developers - who have been baled out and paid handsome management fees to maintain the said properties re- buying assets at knock down price from NAMA???
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

And what dear Tom, do you think happens with developers buying assets at knock down price from NAMA???

In fairness Larry goodman was bailed out well before I was born :pac:

Look it....those deals at knock down prices off nama are a perhaps just a reflection on how over priced they were??
    (Much like Agri land prices)

If a case like this was to come out of let's face it a bankrupt individual being allowed hold onto an asset worth potentially millions and taxpayers having to put up with it...theirs be uproar....esp in a political environment at the min

Though from talking to/dealing with people in that locality this is rumoured to be the first of four farms so it could be a long summer and a marker will be set down??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

huh, the ECB could do helicopter money in the morning , unlike Bitcoins, the Euro is endless !!!!

Class...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Correct me if I'm wrong but our real leader Denis did a few deals as well. But say nothing. Denny has at habit of challenging stuff in the courts. Even going as far as invoking 16 century laws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Dawggone wrote: »

Long way from that.
    What happens over in france with cases like this dawg?

Yes Tom, seems to be 3 more in Cork lined up by the same stable. that is why the sheriff is trying to clear her lines. One, very high profile.

Problem is when other banks feel freed up to cut to chase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Yes Tom, seems to be 3 more in Cork lined up by the same stable. that is why the sheriff is trying to clear her lines. One, very high profile.

Problem is when other banks feel freed up to cut to chase.

Jayus john you ll have us all looking up the yard at any car that drives in

Advertisement