Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symptoms gone over night

Options
  • 16-04-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

So this last week I've had pretty bad bout of morning sickness, really sore swollen breasts and been exhausted. Also peering every90 minutes. Also not really able to eat fruit / veg just sticking to plain food, bread, crackers, toast.

Woke up this morning and I feel great. No sickness, breasts are fine. Appetite is normal, barely needed to loo and had a fruit salad and vegetable omelette.

Now I'm sitting her and paranoia is getting the better of me.... Is it normal? They wishing 12-18 all your symptoms could vanish? Anyone else had this?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

How far along are you now stickybean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Happened to me on and off for the first 12 weeks..
    I also had bleeds in both my pregnancies and all was fine . Early Pregnancy is a very stressful time so I hope it passes fast for you!x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Toots wrote: »
    How far along are you now stickybean?

6 weeks 3 days. Think I'm being paranoid. At least I hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Hopefully just paranoid, Stickybean. I had a similar post in the pregnancy chat thread at about 8 weeks. Really spooked me as I've been having a lot of bleeding and cramping this pregnancy. I'm 12 or 13 weeks now and as sick as I've ever been, maybe even a little worse. Will you be getting an early scan? Had a scan yesterday and based on last scan was expecting to be 11w 6d or 12w and little baby was measuring 12 w 6 days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It happened me a few times on and off in the early days and I'd be terrified but all was absolutely fine. I'd say make the most of feeling better and don't panic but I never could when people said it to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

This happened to me at around 10 weeks pregnant. Woke up one day+ had absolutely no symptoms. Rang my gp+ she said it was probably hormones levelling out. Next day had sore boobs again! This went on for a few weeks.

Anyway, all was fine+ I have a beautiful 7 months old now. If you're feeling nervous call your gp or midwife. That's what they are there for+ they never dismiss women as being over cautious I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Happened me too doll. Very queasy sometimes and then utterly fine other times. It scared the bejaysis out of me as I thought there must be something wrong but apparently symptoms often come and go in the first trimester.

We are our own worst enemies with this stuff. I had been having bad hip pain for the last few weeks, it has eased this week which was making me paranoid again until my husband pointed out that I had stopped carrying a handbag, gone swimming more and generally done what the doctor told me to do- which was a far more likely reason for the pain abating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

And me! Mine come and go every few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Paranoid. Some days I feel great, so I've had that thought as well, and now I'm back feeling a bit icky and very tired. If I was you I'd enjoy the good days- eat well, go out and do things you were too tired to do, because the symptoms might come back with a bang

AND maybe not a coincidence it's Saturday? A good sleep makes me feel brill, when I'm tired all the symptoms are worse. If you work
    During the week you could be just benefitting from a good sleep

• Advertisement

Thanks girlies, we've our scan on Friday, hopefully I'll be back throwing up with sore knockers and cramps soon :)

Feeling better than I've felt in weeks so going to try make the most of it xxx

So true though, we're own worst enemies... Must leave Google alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sticky, phone the emergency pregnancy unit or your clinic and talk to them about it. They might bring you in for an earlier scan for reassurance. You'll be a pure wreck by friday.

Gave them a quick call there purple. Spoke to a nurse. She was kind of nice and just said it's perfectly normal. Symptoms fluctuate and some people get none some people get loads, the hormone levels differ daily ...

Also even if there was something going wrong it would be too early to do anything :( I asked her should I take a test she said no. It creates further anxiety. Her recommendation was to try to keep busy, take good care of myself and relax as much as possible.

I asked about an earlier scan, she said unless there is bleeding or severe pain they don't scan before 7 weeks as the heart beat isn't always visible and can cause unnecessary stress. I'll be 7 weeks 2 days on Friday when my scan is booked. She's going to mention it to my doctor in the morning...

I agree! Symptoms come and go, soon you'll be happy that you are getting even short periods of relief. You could go for a private scan they do them from 6 weeks if you really can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Sticky, I've been the same on both pregnancies and was extremely anxious on number one. symptoms came and went in the first trimester and left me a bag of nerves. As the nurse said its more than likely down to a fluctuation in hormones.

It's a really trying time and you'd need nerves of steal, easier said than done but try distract yourself until you get to the scan. I find a good box set can be distracting, currently watching greys anatomy from the beginning! Deep breathes x

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Six weeks, symptoms come and go.On both of mine, the symptoms didn't really kick in daily til 8/10 weeks.I actually didn't know I was pregnant with no.2 til I was past the six week mark, they were that mild.And I'm hyper aware of my body and how it changes!And even then there were days when they were milder or less.They continued to 16/17 weeks though, not only til 12 weeks.
    I've also had scans at 6/7/8/9 weeks, due to early bleeds on both.You may see a heartbeat at 6 weeks, possibly.But really all they can tell you is that something is there and and it looks like it's in the right place.Unfortunately, nothing more.They will then tell you to come back in two weeks.It's all they can do, to say that it has grown since last time.I do know your fear, having been there and it's horrible.And when you're worried you're even more aware of how your body feels.You just need to get through each day and try to distract yourself and have faith in your body, I guess.Unfortunately there's not much else that can be done.

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I agree! Symptoms come and go, soon you'll be happy that you are getting even short periods of relief. You could go for a private scan they do them from 6 weeks if you really can't wait

I'm booked in for Friday, going to hold of until then xxx

Happy to report my 'morning ' sickness returned tonight. Funny how an hour of dry heaving has made me feel better

Thanks fghtyuuiop and digs. Just going to keep myself busy the next few days. Lots of positivity and prayers X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Stickybean what I did for the first few weeks (only works til week 7 or so) was I did a clearblue once a week. The first week it says you are ''1 week pregnant'' then a week later I did another one and it went up to ''+2 weeks'' then a week later I did one again and it went up to ''+ 3 weeks''. They don't go up any higher than +3 weeks then unfortunately but it gets you through the first 1-2 months for reassurance as you know that pregnancy hormone is increasing!

(note that the CB test doesn't count from the date of your last period it counts from when you ovulated so + 3 weeks on the CB would be 7 weeks)

stickybean wrote: »
    Thanks fghtyuuiop and digs. Just going to keep myself busy the next few days. Lots of positivity and prayers X

I said to my husband the day before my scan I didn't feel pregnant anymore! I was fretting thinking I felt too good and my scan was going to be bad.... Anyway the scan was fine, he was in there flickering away.

Reading old posts online I seem some people had to wait until like week 16+ for a scan at busy times!! So so glad the private clinics exist. €100 for peace of mind is nothing.

• Advertisement

Lucuma wrote: »
    Stickybean what I did for the first few weeks (only works til week 7 or so) was I did a clearblue once a week. The first week it says you are ''1 week pregnant'' then a week later I did another one and it went up to ''+2 weeks'' then a week later I did one again and it went up to ''+ 3 weeks''. They don't go up any higher than +3 weeks then unfortunately but it gets you through the first 1-2 months for reassurance as you know that pregnancy hormone is increasing!

(note that the CB test doesn't count from the date of your last period it counts from when you ovulated so + 3 weeks on the CB would be 7 weeks)

I did a test the day before they stopped (it was 3+ weeks).

Thankfully all symptoms are back with a vengeance, so really hoping that is a good sign. I can't believe I feel better when i feel sick :confused::confused::confused::)

I said to my husband the day before my scan I didn't feel pregnant anymore! I was fretting thinking I felt too good and my scan was going to be bad.... Anyway the scan was fine, he was in there flickering away.

Reading old posts online I seem some people had to wait until like week 16+ for a scan at busy times!! So so glad the private clinics exist. €100 for peace of mind is nothing.

I am the same, I don't 'feel' pregnant per-say. I have nausea and sore breasts, but I don't 'feel' pregnant. You hear of these women who just knew they were pregnant, who feel everything and are in tune with their bodies... I'm like if the test says yes, it must be yes :D

No way I could hold out to 16 weeks, although I've heard of people waiting until 20. I would be gone spare!!! I wonder how many private scans you can get before they say enough is enough :) ?

I am the same, I don't 'feel' pregnant per-say. I have nausea and sore breasts, but I don't 'feel' pregnant. You hear of these women who just knew they were pregnant, who feel everything and are in tune with their bodies... I'm like if the test says yes, it must be yes :D

No way I could hold out to 16 weeks, although I've heard of people waiting until 20. I would be gone spare!!! I wonder how many private scans you can get before they say enough is enough :) ?

They won't! They are a private business I assume they'd never turn away business.

Is this your first stickybean? It's mine, and while I feel different, I could say I don't feel "pregnant" but sure how would I know what that feels like??! My friend said she knew straight away she was pregnant on her second because she knows what it feels like, but had no idea on her first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I did a test the day before they stopped (it was 3+ weeks).

That's great :)

Is this your first stickybean? It's mine, and while I feel different, I could say I don't feel "pregnant" but sure how would I know what that feels like??! My friend said she knew straight away she was pregnant on her second because she knows what it feels like, but had no idea on her first

No, I had my daughter when I was 18, to be honest I remember very little about it , it was so long ago. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

I'm 24 weeks pregnant on number 2 now and both have been very similar. I've booked in for private early scans at 7 weeks because I was worried about lack of symptoms. Then another reassurance scan at 11 weeks on both and gender scans at 17 weeks on both.
    On my first all symptoms were completely gone at 11 weeks and I was very worried. But I was advised that this is normal as placenta takes over at 11 weeks.

I feel really good right now but I'm happy!!! Even a little bit of fizzy belly as I call it gets me down- I'm so glad i have t been puking. I'm 8 weeks - is 8 weeks too early to feel better? - last couple weeks I had a few off days where i couldn't eat much and felt off. Today I'm smashing and walked for an hour home, ate s lovely dinner, not too tired.... Hope it's a good sign not a bad one!!

Damn it I'm sitting here symptom spotting and fretting now!!! I'm never happy

Advertisement