Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Warriors handled Adams a lot better than in the other games, but as you said, Oklahoma don't look like a team that is beginning to question itself. Next game promises to be a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bogut was the big difference. You can't teach size....
    He was the difference on the glass at both ends.

I looked at the stats last night and OKC got offensive rebounds on almost half (!) their missed shots over games 3 and 4 combined. You simply cannot win giving that many second chance plays to a team.

He also blocked some shots and changed some others by just being, well, big.

Other factors were a few big plays by Steph and significantly reduced turnovers. Currys definitely not 100% but needs a monster game in game 6 to keep them alive.

Game 6 should be a classic alright. Do OKC feel the pressure and choke? That's the question now.

GS need to be 100% in and focused for game 6. They need to apply maximum pressure to OKC, cut the turnovers, rebound and execute offensively. They still have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Oracle was a rocking tonight, great game and atmosphere.
    Two difference makers were Bogut and MO Buckets, Bogut finally stayed out of foul trouble but remained active and scored points. Speights was the spearhead of the second unit that went on the great run and gave the Warriors some seperation.
    Even though okc lost they still looked good and never gave in, I was hoping the Warriors would rattle their confidence but they didn't look like a dejected team leaving that court, looked like a team that are confident of taking care of business at home.
    Warriors need Curry to drop 40+ cos it's unlikely the bench will as productive on the road.
    Just happy warriors were able to show some fight and pride.
    It's funny as to how some people can turn so quickly on a team and it's players.
    Draymond Green highlights are just dirty play after play tho.
    I don't get what that has to do what I said ?
    To answer this random brain fart, I would say that is the problem with just watching highlights, you don't get a clear picture of everything. Draymond plays hard and aggressive, sometimes it gets dirty but not enough to brandish him dirty in my opinion. A lot of great players in his style play like that, it's just they don't get the spotlight on them like he does.
    Media has latched on to this like leaches, Draymond has played like this for years and it's only know people think he is dirty ???
    Refs have him marked as well, he got a ridiculously soft technical last night just because it's him, very poor refereeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

All the Green hate reminds me of last year. Where everyone said that Delly was the dirtiest player in the game.

Jester252 wrote: »
    All the Green hate reminds me of last year. Where everyone said that Delly was the dirtiest player in the game.

Exactly, he is annoying if your the opposition but that's about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Business taken care of in Toronto, onwards to The Finals! Fair play to Toronto though, an incredible season for them. Dwane Casey is apparently getting a contract extension as well.

Really can't wait for tonight's Game 6 in OKC!

The latest Bill Simmons podcast covering the Warriors OKC series is excellent of you can listen before game 6. Can't go in to now buy great insights on many aspects of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Think thats the peak for Toronto though, unfortunately they wont be able to keep Bismark. Their is a chance DeRozan leaves to go back to play in LA. Maybe they go out and get Gasol, Toronto is the most european friendly city in the NBA and they have a chance at winning if the core stays together, although I see him going to Spurs.
    I dont see them making a big trade, even if they do who can they go after that would push them over the edge.

astonaidan wrote: »
    Think thats the peak for Toronto though, unfortunately they wont be able to keep Bismark. Their is a chance DeRozan leaves to go back to play in LA. Maybe they go out and get Gasol, Toronto is the most european friendly city in the NBA and they have a chance at winning if the core stays together, although I see him going to Spurs.
    I dont see them making a big trade, even if they do who can they go after that would push them over the edge.

Chance at winning? What? They're 2 marquee players and a stronger squad away from being real contenders. The east is a joke.

D2D wrote: »
    Business taken care of in Toronto, onwards to The Finals! Fair play to Toronto though, an incredible season for them. Dwane Casey is apparently getting a contract extension as well.

Should be good. Was half tempted to back the Warriors at 5/4, but went for more cautious +6.5 at 1/2.

I can see Warriors turning in a huge performance and turning the tables. On other hand I thought Adams was not at his best on Thursday, be was perhaps even playing with a bit in reserve at stage.

We shall find out soon enough!

i

• Advertisement

2015-16 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM
    Pos. | Player (Team) | 1st team votes | 2nd team votes | 3rd team votes | Total
    F | LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers) | 125 | 4 | -- | 637
    F | Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs) | 94 | 35 | -- | 575
    C | DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers) | 39 | 36 | 14 | 317
    G | Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors) | 129 | -- | -- | 645
    G | Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder) | 120 | 9 | -- | 627

2015-16 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM
    F | Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder) | 36 | 90 | 2 | 452
    F | Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors) | 40 | 74 | 9 | 431
    C | DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings) | 32 | 28 | 33 | 277
    G | Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers) | 8 | 101 | 10 | 353
    G | Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers) | -- | 48 | 73 | 217

2015-16 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM
    F | Paul George (Indiana Pacers) | -- | 28 | 73 | 157
    F | LaMarcus Aldridge (San Antonio Spurs) | 3 | 11 | 55 | 103
    C | Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons) | 13 | 26 | 30 | 173
    G | Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors) | -- | 37 | 53 | 164
    G | Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors) | -- | 35 | 50 | 155

Truly bizarre selection in red. Wasn't even an All Star (fan or coaches selection) and I'd honestly take at least 5 guys over him in that position.

Anthony Davis lost out on a $24m bonus by not making any of those teams btw.

Chance at winning? What? They're 2 marquee players and a stronger squad away from being real contenders. The east is a joke.

Id disagree with you, if they got one top player, I dunno lets say Paul George they would be capable of getting past LBJ. Once in the finals anything can happen

Out of interest what five centres would you have taken over him, well 4 Im guess AD is one

Out of interest what five centres would you have taken over him, well 4 Im guess AD is one
    Iam guessing he would say, Davis, Cousins, Drummond, vucevic (Orlando guy), towns....that's the young crop.
    Maybe Aldridge, is he even regarded as a center now ? Gasoline, Whiteside

Nearly game time, potential to be classic, if warriors can stay in it going into half time they have a real chance.
    No big dunks or easy lay ups allowed, keep the crowd quite

Iam guessing he would say, Davis, Cousins, Drummond, vucevic (Orlando guy), towns....that's the young crop.

Ah right I thought he was refering to players who hadnt made any team so excluding Drummond and Cousins
    Would you really say Vucevic or KAT were better this season, I personally dont see it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I take KAT over Deandre Jordan every day of the week.

Ah right I thought he was refering to players who hadnt made any team so excluding Drummond and Cousins
    Would you really say Vucevic or KAT were better this season, I personally dont see it
    To be honest I don't know, haven't seen enough to pass judgement

My heart says warriors, my head says thunder, atmosphere is electric there

Down 5 at the half, I'll take that, they are hanging in there. That Adams dunk was worth 10 pts alone.....

• Advertisement

That lived up to expectations anyway!

Brilliant game. Warriors really showed what they are made off/

Yessssssssssssss, what a game, what a game, series on baby.
    Klay was outstanding, just out of control.
    So happy they forced a game 7, tempted to go, jesus these warriors are going to make me broke at this stage.

So happy they forced a game 7, tempted to go, jesus these warriors are going to make me broke at this stage.

I had the luck to have courtside tickets during the reg season, those same tickets are going for well over 20,000, insane

I had the luck to have courtside tickets during the reg season, those same tickets are going for well over 20,000, insane

One of my friends had game 5 Raptor/LBJ courtside, all I can say is the joys of being a single investment banker in Toronto

Game 6 should be a classic alright. Do OKC feel the pressure and choke? That's the question now.

GS need to be 100% in and focused for game 6. They need to apply maximum pressure to OKC, cut the turnovers, rebound and execute offensively. They still have a chance.

What a game. HUGE momentum swing now and Warriors favourites again.

They blew it IMO. Russ had 4 TOs alone in the last 1:40. They looked nervous when they had to be strong and close it out.

Klay had been relatively quiet all series then does that? Wow.

That could be it now for OKC - as in the beginning of the end. Win that game and they beat the Cavs IMO. They'll likely lose now to GS. What impact does that have on Durant staying? Even if he stays he'll only sign for one more year.

D2D wrote: »

Reports in the US said last week said he was getting fired if they lost to Miami. That's one game effectively. Shows how fickle the coaching game can be.

Do I really need to answer that? Is it not obvious?

Will be some game, even the cheap seats will be going for crazy money though.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I've only started watching basketball in the last couple of years so I'm not much of a judge of what or is not a great game but i thought it was brilliant stuff. Disappointed I won't be able to watch game 7.

Unfortunately I missed the last 3 minutes of the game because it went over the allotted time on the sky recorder and I stupidly forgot to tape the next programme, why does it take over 2.5 hours to complete a 48 minute game?Surely it should be completed in under 2 hours at least.

Advertisement