Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I know we're labouring this but come Day 1 of the NEW season when all the injured guys are back in, he's not Top 5/6 however you want to call it. IMO - you can of course disagree.

There's two points under discussion here.
    1. Did he deserve 1st Team All NBA. We both agree no.
    2. Are there 5 better centers in the NBA? Do you mean as of today - as in healthy and can suit up - or do you mean better players, better skillsets, more productive and more valuable to their teams - surely the more important barometer?

5 better as of start of next season:
    1. Boogie
    2. Davis
    3. Drummond
    4. Gasol
    5. Towns

No I dont disagree :cool:
    In today as in the whole season I think their wasnt 5 other players
    5 better players next season maybe, but that wasnt what i was arguing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Two hours to tip off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Another dirty move by Green. But it's ok because he "plays hard".

Six of one and half a dozen of the other! Adams had his arm around his neck.

Similar to last game, Warriors have started to wear them down. More court time for Bogut I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

And we're done.

Oh Russ and KD will regret this one for a long time. Game 6 boys. Game 6.

• Advertisement

And we're done.

Oh Russ and KD will regret this one for a long time. Game 6 boys. Game 6.
    Durant all summer will surely be thinking about the way they couldnt hold such a big cushion, maybe he will move after all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

So it's a Finals rematch. Honestly, I feel more confident going into this years Finals than I felt last year (injuries to K Love being the main reason) but I still can't see us winning it. Hope to God I'm wrong though.

OKC choked in the series big time, can see KD testing out free agency this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

^ us?

D2D wrote: »
    So it's a Finals rematch. Honestly, I feel more confident going into this years Finals than I felt last year (injuries to K Love being the main reason) but I still can't see us winning it. Hope to God I'm wrong though.

OKC choked in the series big time, can see KD testing out free agency this summer

You are not giving sufficient credit to the Warriors who were relentless, brave and at times brilliant. Oklahoma fought to the end and were still in it with 4/5 minutes left when most other teams would have collapsed in the face of the onslaught.

As for the next one, it will be closer than last year if only for the reason that Cleveland are not going to be hobbled by the injuries they had last time.

I still think that Warriors can handle Le Bron, and if they restrict him, they win relatively comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    ^ us?

Ya us the team he supports don't be a pedant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Another dirty move by Green. But it's ok because he "plays hard".
    Lmao, watched them all game, they were both at it, it's the playoffs man, don't be such a sissy

Fantastic game yesterday, all credit to OKC but that's the playoffs.
    I honestly don't think it should be that much of a surprise that a team with the best record ever could do this, they were out played a lot but came through when it mattered.
    Don't think Westbrook will be sniggering at curry any time soon.
    Okc could be in trouble, on the bright side they have found a bonified centre in Adams.
    Was calling for iggy to replace Barnes at the start of this series, Barnes doesn't offer much to be fair, let him leave and sign Durant.
    Anyway, can't wait for finals, might go to one game but taking month off work to go to Euros so might not be the best move.
    Going to be another battle to stop lebron

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    ^ us?

I'm a Cavs fan incase you couldn't guess!
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    You are not giving sufficient credit to the Warriors who were relentless, brave and at times brilliant. Oklahoma fought to the end and were still in it with 4/5 minutes left when most other teams would have collapsed in the face of the onslaught.

Yeah, maybe I phrased that harshly on OKC and I didn't give the Warriors enough credit tbh. Changing it up from playing small ball to bringing in Mo Speights and Bogut was a smart move by Kerr and made the difference (esp in Games 5 & 6).

Lmao, watched them all game, they were both
    at it, it's the playoffs man, don't be such a sissy

Yep. It's the playoffs. Prime time to get away with dirty plays.

Anyway, massive choke job by OKC. Had the series all but won. Great credit to GSW though. They are winners for a reason.

I honestly don't think it should be that much of a surprise that a team with the best record ever could do this, they were out played a lot but came through when it mattered.
    Okc could be in trouble, on the bright side they have found a bonified centre in Adams.
    Was calling for iggy to replace Barnes at the start of this series, Barnes doesn't offer much to be fair, let him leave and sign Durant.
    Anyway, can't wait for finals, might go to one game but taking month off work to go to Euros so might not be the best move.

Im slightly envious of your sporting life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

So with Anderson Varejao the first player to play for both Finals teams in the same season will he get a ring regardless ?

OKC won three of the four quarters, including the last quarter. They came from 12 down to close it to four with a few minutes on the clock. How is that choking?

Fact is, no team can live with the Warriors when they play as they did in the third quarter. Oklahoma almost did. If they had "choked" last night they'd have lost by 28 not 8! They lost to a better team, not through their own psychological failings.

OKC won three of the four quarters, including the last quarter. They came from 12 down to close it to four with a few minutes on the clock. How is that choking?

Fact is, no team can live with the Warriors when they play as they did in the third quarter. Oklahoma almost did. If they had "choked" last night they'd have lost by 28 not 8! They lost to a better team, not through their own psychological failings.

All they had to do was win one game out of three. They were coasting in game 6 and absolutely crumbled once GSW turned up the heat. They choked. It happens.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    So with Anderson Varejao the first player to play for both Finals teams in the same season will he get a ring regardless ?

You only get a ring if the team you play for right now win the finals. So if the cavs win (highly unlikely IMO) he won't get a ring.

Don't know if he's the first - I'd doubt it. It's usually role players who get traded in this scenario (not stars) so it's not top of mind for me but let me have a think and maybe even a Google.

All they had to do was win one game out of three. They were coasting in game 6 and absolutely crumbled once GSW turned up the heat. They choked. It happens.

Saw "CHOKElahoma" trending somewhere today. :)

On Durant, he could move....but I'd imagine he'll sign a 1 year deal with a 1 year extension PURELY to take advantage of next year's CBA. The difference to a guy like Durant is around $50m. Now granted he's already made more than he could ever spend and has a $300m show deal does the money really matter?

Given his comments earlier this summer on money however I don't honestly know. It'd be hard to turn down the Warriors if they can make that work. Or even the Spurs. Both are allegedly in the frame.

• Advertisement

No. They choked. They had 3 chances to win once and they lost them all.

As for your winning 3 quarters? Really? Doesn't matter a toss. As a former coach said to me "you only have to lead once to win", and it's true.

The reason they lost? They abandoned the team play (relative statement in this case) and went 2 on 5. They made some appalling turnovers on crucial possessions and went isoball crazy for crucial periods of the games.

They fell under the pressure.

Imagine the pressure GS were under in game 6 going to a court where they were hammered off the court in Games 3 and 4? They dealt with it. OKC couldn't.

Well I will have to defer to your vast inner knowledge of these things.

I make money at it so fire away with your gossip and pop psychology :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Warriors 5.5 point favourites for the opener.

Cleveland 11/5 to win the series.

Well I will have to defer to your vast inner knowledge of these things.

I make money at it so fire away with your gossip and pop psychology :-)

Wow. I'm in awe of your awesomeness. how many more times are you going to tell us you make money betting? We get it. You're JP McManus. Real high roller.

Weren't you on here last week telling us how much you got OKC at to win it all? At least I own up to my losses. What kinda stakes are you waging?

Gossip and pop psychology? Really? Just going to ignore you from now on tbh, I mean you clearly know more than me so why should I offer an opinion, I'll only be wrong and you'll be getting richer with all your bets. Tell Kanye I said hi when you're hanging out with him next.

Lads, seriously enough with the snarky comments. It's been noticed over the past few days & it stops now.

One and only warning on it lads, bans will be handed out if it continues

Wow. I'm in awe of your awesomeness. how many more times are you going to tell us you make money betting? We get it. You're JP McManus. Real high roller.

Weren't you on here last week telling us how much you got OKC at to win it all? At least I own up to my losses. What kinda stakes are you waging?

Gossip and pop psychology? Really? Just going to ignore you from now on tbh, I mean you clearly know more than me so why should I offer an opinion, I'll only be wrong and you'll be getting richer with all your bets. Tell Kanye I said hi when you're hanging out with him next.

Classic case of transference my friend. It is not I who has been claiming some inside beef :)

BTW, I said I had Warriors at 5/4 to win it out, but has "more or less written it off" when they went 1 - 3.

Seems it is live now again, but will probably lay it off and take the profit.

D2D wrote: »
    Lads, seriously enough with the snarky comments. It's been noticed over the past few days & it stops now.

One and only warning on it lads, bans will be handed out if it continues

I think it is obvious who the common factor it.

On a side note, if people feel the need to talk about betting can we have a separate thread. Nothing more boring than bet talk amongst actual discussion.

On a side note, if people feel the need to talk about betting can we have a separate thread. Nothing more boring than bet talk amongst actual discussion.

Noted :)

Myself and Malistheman will decide about it

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »

Im slightly envious of your sporting life
    I've gotten lucky with the Warriors these past few years. Not a huge fan of other American sports, go to the odd football game but I hate the niners new stadium, it's horrendous.
    I envy people back home being able to go to so many soccer games, standard isn't too hot here.
    Although Iam going to Argentina v Chile on Monday night in the Copa America, looking forward to that, warm up for the Euros.

Advertisement