Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

killwill wrote: »
    If Green was punished earlier as he should have been, like against OKC, this would have been a non issue.
    But there is only so far you can go.
    LeBron was wrong for stepping over him.
    Green was even more wrong for the little dig at LeBron's crown jewels.
    Either way Warriors still win this series.

They should do. tonight.

Green was acting the bollix - pardon the pun! - with Adams, so he deserves to have been called up at some stage.

Too late to save LBJ.

Would surely take some miracle to turn it around now? Curry and Thompson just have to step up.

Have you backed the Cavs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Last two games have been pretty enjoyable if you ask me. Glad the Cavaliers won last night, all this "series dusted" stuff that people like to spout is such redundant nonsense.

Hope it all leads to game 7 to settle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

After a helping hand to LBJ he gets a chance to go home to Cleveland and force a game 7

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

In hindsight, losing Draymond was a bigger loss than I thought.

The game itself was a little farcical.

Plenty of help from the refs and you can see the Cavs are turning up the physicality big time. I haven't checked to see if Bogut is out for the rest of the series but they'll miss him if he is (not for points, but for size).

I counted 2 clear travels by LeJon too on plays where he got baskets or baskets + 1.

This might go 7 yet, but I would be shocked if the Cavs win it (bar major refereeing help/injuries/suspensions).

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Disappointed Green is suspended but I suspected he would be. Fact is if it had been the other way around, LeBron would never have got suspended. Sad. Hopefully it will be irrelevant come the end of the series.

The Warriors are 5.5 point favourites and generally 4/9 to win tonight so the bookmakers don't think Green's absence will make too much of a difference. I disagree.

Tru dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

All that "player x wouldn't have survived in my day" stuff is such absolute horse ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

The game itself was a little farcical.

I counted 2 clear travels by LeJon too on plays where he got baskets or baskets + 1.
    Ah come on, he goes 41-7-16 and you pick out 2 travels? Im no LeBron sympathiser but you have to draw a line somewhere and give a performance some credit.
    This might go 7 yet, but I would be shocked if the Cavs win it (bar major refereeing help/injuries/suspensions).

That's a complete cop out though.

All that "player x wouldn't have survived in my day" stuff is such absolute horse ****.

On one level it is, on another it isn't.

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Ah come on, he goes 41-7-16 and you pick out 2 travels? Im no LeBron sympathiser but you have to draw a line somewhere and give a performance some credit.

It was a good performance. It was reminiscent of the game 5 Boston performance from a few years ago.

The travelling thing is a major issue for me though, sorry. He gets away with this all the time - as he does with blatant offensive fouling via use of his forearm on drives. And he gets this because he's LeJon. Just one of those plays can cause a major shift in how a game plays out and concludes.

• Advertisement

It was a good performance. It was reminiscent of the game 5 Boston performance from a few years ago.

The travelling thing is a major issue for me though, sorry. He gets away with this all the time - as he does with blatant offensive fouling via use of his forearm on drives. And he gets this because he's LeJon. Just one of those plays can cause a major shift in how a game plays out and concludes.

There were definitely a few occasions last night where you would have been scratching your head as to how LBJ got the call!

Nearly took Klay's head off on one drive and got the foul!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Gregk961 wrote: »

It is not just LeBron that gets away with travelling though. It is widespread in the league. Frustrates the hell out of me. That extra step off the dribble means you can beat pretty much any defender in an ISO.

killwill wrote: »
    It is not just LeBron that gets away with travelling though. It is widespread in the league. Frustrates the hell out of me. That extra step off the dribble means you can beat pretty much any defender in an ISO.

True, it's not just LeJon who travels in the NBA, but he does it more than any player I've seen.

Throw in the forearm push off and or shoulder lean + forearm push off he does on top of that and he becomes largely unguardable when driving in a one on one situation. The above move + travelling + the amount of fouls refs give him is crazy.

And it's on both ends - he went 6 straight games without recording a foul a couple of years ago. Think about that. A guy who plays as physically as LeJon and plays as many minutes as he does goes 6 whole games without getting called for a foul? Ninja please.

Breaking News:

James Harden takes home the MVP Award......from Shaqtin' A Fool. Well deserved too this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Nice story time.

Espn and TNT came to an agreement to let Craig Sager do some sideline reporting for the rest of the finals. He's never done it for the finals before.

Bogut out the rest of the series. Draymond will be playing LeJon-like minutes in Game 6.

Worth noting...if Draymond get a flagrant in Game 6 he's out of Game 7. Imagine the shlt Cleveland will be saying to him in that game......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

nerd69 wrote: »

One one hand it is hilarious given the benefit of hindsight.

But, in fairness, at the time, Curry was in danger of being Brandon Roy 2.0 given the health of his (at the time) glass ankles - I've commented on this many times. Try find the piece I linked to on Curry rebuilding his body from si a while back, it's a fascinating read. Bill Simmons mentioned that same piece in his last podcast btw. Curry has in fairness worked incredibly hard to rebuild his body.

Regardless of what he or the Warriors are saying publicly right now I do think he's not at 100%. I know they can't say it publicly as that's handing an advantage to Cleveland (even if only psychologically), but something isn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

One one hand it is hilarious given the benefit of hindsight.

But, in fairness, at the time, Curry was in danger of being Brandon Roy 2.0 given the health of his (at the time) glass ankles.

oh im not criticising the the writer at all it made perfect sense at the time i remember reading similar as a celtics fan and thinking it was a terrible idea :D its just hilarious to read now as you said with hindsight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cavs 4/1 to win the series now. That's far too big IMO. I think they'll win on the home court tonight to bring it to game 7 anyway.

• Advertisement

Warriors @ 11/10 in game of the their lives.

lol.....

Another blow out on the way perhaps, Cavs started like crazy, GSW couldnt handle them at all

Some seriously dodgy calls in favour of the Cavs tonight. Curry got fouls given on more than on occasion that weren't even close decisions

The refereeing has been pretty bad all series but this is the worst it's been. LeJon must have some serious blackmail sheeeeet on the NBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sums up how bad this series has been when it's going to game 7 and most people are ambivalent to it. I'm not even slightly excited for this at all.

I'm going to rewatch later but some of those calls and indeed non-calls were just ridiculous.

Also, LeJon at 6'8" blocks the smallest guy on the court and talks shlt to him? So tough....lol. And he wonders why he's so unpopular?

Also, if anyone blocked LeJon and as much as looked at him afterwards they'd get a technical for taunting. Such a double standard.

Final thing I'll say on LeJon today, watch the right forearm/elbow when he drives to the left. Offensive foul every single time.

Can't see it happening but there is precedent for Curry being suspended game 7 for throwing his mouthpiece like that after fouling out. Will be interesting to see.

Also a cool stat stolen from reddit, the combined score of the finals is 610-610.

• Advertisement

Can't see it happening but there is precedent for Curry being suspended game 7 for throwing his mouthpiece like that after fouling out. Will be interesting to see.

ZERO chance of that happening. He'll get a large fine, but that's it. And the fines don't matter as it's chump change to these guys anyway. Kerr will be getting one too btw for his post game comments.

Advertisement