Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

In other news, Jimmy Butler is the guest on the latest Bill Simmons Podcast. Worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ah......please read my post again, esp. the use of the word "may".

It was also intended as a humorous comment, with a "funny because it's true" endline.

Re. your own post, 'cos 'Merica.

More seriously though value doesn't have to mean monetary.
    I...have no memory of posting that...few too many sups I think! (after coming home from murica for a visit home, ironically!)

I...have no memory of posting that...few too many sups I think! (after coming home from murica for a visit home, ironically!)

"You da man!" :pac:

On thr Bill Simmons podcast btw, Simmons says Draymond didn't call LeJon a "B1tch", but rather a "fu_kboy". Interesting.....

Some definitions:
    A manipulating dick who does whatever it takes to benefit him, regardless of who he screws over. They will screw over anyone and everyone as long they get what they want.

A ****boy is the type of guy who does **** that generally pisses the population of the earth off all the time. He thinks about himself and only himself all the time but pretends to be really nice. He also does really ****ed up **** and then complains about people who do the same old **** as him. once a ****boy always a ****boy, because **** boys ganna be ****boys.

I honestly don't know why he called LeJon (of all people) that......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Looking forward to tonight. It will be defining game of their career to date for Curry and Thompson.

There has been a lot here made of the officiating, and it is a bit depressing that the main factor in the betting differences in this series is that punters are assuming that home court team is going to be massively favoured on calls.

That should not be a significant factor in any sport, and it does detract from it. No doubt about that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Gonna stay up for it tonight. Can't wait. Hopefully it isn't a blow out like the earlier games in the series.

Staying up too. Likewise hope it's a fair fight both ways and were not here tomorrow discussing some call or other....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In other news, Jimmy Butler is the guest on the latest Bill Simmons Podcast. Worth a listen.

Won't get a chance to listen to it for the foreseeable, but much stuff re: Bulls?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Butler wasn't a great guest in my opinion. He was interesting anyway and it was definitely cool to hear some of his opinions and other things about day to day NBA life.

However I felt he was a little stand-offish when it came to discussing different players in the league. Aside from one or two comments on younger guys in the league like Devin Booker he pretty much refused to answer a question about any other player in case it started some sort of drama.

Getting up at 5am every morning though to hit the gym, that's some work ethic and something really positive for the Bulls to build around for the future.

Butler wasn't a great guest in my opinion. He was interesting anyway and it was definitely cool to hear some of his opinions and other things about day to day NBA life.

However I felt he was a little stand-offish when it came to discussing different players in the league. Aside from one or two comments on younger guys in the league like Devin Booker he pretty much refused to answer a question about any other player in case it started some sort of drama.

Getting up at 5am every morning though to hit the gym, that's some work ethic and something really positive for the Bulls to build around for the future.

If he's there next year! ;)

He's a fan of Thibs obviously.

As Mal posted he's very PC and doesn't say much about other players but is very open about the trade if it happens but otherwise pledging loyalty to the Bulls. It's very "safe", and yet interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Stuck in work for Game 7 tonight. Can watch it on my phone or go home "sick" and have a few beers and watch it.
    Decisions, decisions.

The more I think about it the more I want to see Cleveland win. First ever championship, etc.
    I honestly cannot see past Warriors though. First quarter is gonna be interesting. Do Cleveland get their rhythm going early again like Games 5 and 6 or will the Splash Brothers come out of the blocks quickly from downtown?
    Can Kerr make the adjustments necessary to protect the rim without Bogut there?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really, really, really hope I wake up to the Warriors having won.

That said, it would be hard to begrudge the Cleveland fans a title. It would be great for the likes of D2D and other genuine fans who were kicked in the bollocks back in 2010 and really deserve it.

Paully D wrote: »
    Really, really, really hope I wake up to the Warriors having won.

That said, it would be hard to begrudge the Cleveland fans a title. It would be great for the likes of D2D and other genuine fans who were kicked in the bollocks back in 2010 and really deserve it.

What would have been awesome for them would have been to build a team AFTER The King (:rolleyes:) had left and won without him.

There are some Cleveland fans who still HATE LeJon btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Has anyone got a link to a streaming site for this game? I usually watch the games the day after and manage to avoid the score but usually the championship winner makes it to rte, bbc news etc.

I tried getting league pass a few times this year and it kept saying unavailable at this time, so I`m out of ideas.

Cheers,
    Will.

Has anyone got a link to a streaming site for this game? I usually watch the games the day after and manage to avoid the score but usually the championship winner makes it to rte, bbc news etc.

I tried getting league pass a few times this year and it kept saying unavailable at this time, so I`m out of ideas.

Cheers,
    Will.
    We cant post links for streams as it's against the charter on Boards.
    Have you got Mobdro on your phone or tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some awful call for curry's third foul. That was a joke.

Green on fire.

Green is playing unreal. Bet he will be MVP lol

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

Come on the Cavs! What a difficult team to beat but I am hopeful. Unbelievable 3 point shooters. I really hate that draymond green. Hate his face haha

SMcDDB wrote: »
    Come on the Cavs! What a difficult team to beat but I am hopeful. Unbelievable 3 point shooters. I really hate that draymond green. Hate his face haha

You mean Donkey? From Shrek?!!!

killwill wrote: »
    You mean Donkey? From Shrek?!!!

Haha absolutely! This is hard to watch. Very close. Lebron not havin his best game and looks afraid to shoot the ball. Kyrie is on fire tough

• Advertisement

SMcDDB wrote: »
    Haha absolutely! This is hard to watch. Very close. Lebron not havin his best game and looks afraid to shoot the ball. Kyrie is on fire tough

Lebron has had a triple double???? Not his best game!!!!

Unbelievable block

Ridiculous from Irving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Happy for Kevin Love, Id love to see him go to Celtics in the summer, he gets to much abuse in Cleveland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Irving and James were unbelievable when it counted most. Great finish. The silence was deafening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

The foul for the 3 on lebron and the following 3 from Irving won it for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The Lebron block on Iguodala at 89-89.... Unbelievable... Fair play to Lebron. One of the greatest ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fair play to the cavs,they deserved it tonight,LeBron was excellent especially defensively I thought,curry was poor,and green went missing second half,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have been a big Lebron fan since his Miami Heat days, absolutely delighted for and the Cavs.
    I thought they were buried when down 3-1 on the finals.

Great champions, and what a decider.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

You can't take the 3's away from Curry but in everything else Irving schooled him in the last 3 games. James had a hand in rattling him too.

Some of Irvings lay ups defied belief.

• Advertisement

One of the best sporting moments I have ever witnessed. Delighted for Cleveland. Historic moment. Great stuff!

Advertisement