Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

2 minute report from last night's game.

Great reading (well, for nerds like me :rolleyes:) from the 13.5 seconds remaining point onwards:

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/05/L2M-OKC-SAS-5-2-16.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I've just re-watched that last play.

If you really break it down there's violations/fouls all over the place.

Prior to the elbow, Ginobli steps on the out of bounds line (violation). Forgivable to miss it as it's so minor (he barely steps on it, part of the foot, not whole foot or over the line).

The elbow obviously. Unforgivable IMO as the ref is standing there.

The jersey grab on Aldridge - possibly forgivable as hard to see it.

One thing I didn't see last night though was the fan(s) who grabbed Adams as he tried to block the final shot and his momentum carried him into the crowd. Imagine if he had reacted more than he did? Say like a Ron Artest type reaction? :) That dude (SA) would do serious damage.....

Seen a good bit of fan nonsense in the last week, Wade and purple shirt guy and then Adams, how on earth are these **** people let into games, they should be permanently banned from games, people will quickly stop doing crap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

nerd69 wrote: »
    As long as Cleveland have Lebron they will get a lot of calls

Am great admirer of him but there was one play last night where he basically took people out of it, roared at the umpire and won a foul!

suited me as had them backed, but how the fk they explain it I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

People managed to bet a total of €61 @ 999/1 on the Raptors late in the 4th quarter in Game 1 vs the Heat.

I am sure many bricks were shat as Miami, with a 3 point lead, fumbled an inbound with 4.1 seconds to go, and Lowry sank a half-court buzzer-beater to send the Raptors to overtime.

But Miami have just won overtime now anyway. Pity.

The Dubs are getting it from Portland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Raptors can look like one of the most disorganized teams in the league at times, weird game to watch.

Warriors pull it out of the bag again, they played awful for 3 quarters then Oracle just went insane for 4th quarter, place was rocking, they must of outscored Portland by at least 20 points.
    Klay couldn't buy a basket all night then hits 4 in a row I'm the 4th.
    Lillard was immense for 3 quarters but just couldn't keep it up, they kind of ran out of steam in the end.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    The Dubs are getting it from Portland!

How'd that work out in the end? ;)

Shocking collapse from Portland, unlikely they'll catch GS as cold again.

Good news however is that the play offs have jumped up several notches in quality from round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Espn are making a documentary on kyle Lowrys shot last night, it's called "1 from 30"

Goran Dragic back to his Suns/Most Improved Player form in the last 2 Play Off games. Way to pick your time to shine.

Cavs set NBA record 25 3s in a game. The irony is they're not actually that good a 3 point shooting team. Incredibly poor and lazy defense from ATL - even if it's a blowout, have some pride.

• Advertisement

Cavs set NBA record 25 3s in a game. The irony is they're not actually that good a 3 point shooting team. Incredibly poor and lazy defense from ATL - even if it's a blowout, have some pride.

Agree but still after the first half, they had to think **** it lads today isnt our day

If the Raptors lose this series they really need to do a mini blow up, Lowry has flopped again in the play offs, time for Joseph to be the main man at PG imo.
    It would be crazy getting the same results every year and thinking its going to change, their is potential in the team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Frank Vogel gone, watching the Larry Bird news conference live atm. I think he's very unlucky here.

Wow- Bird just said he and Frank Vogel spoke for about a half hour on the phone this morning, and that Vogel kept asking him to reconsider. Larry said there that guys were "tuned out" towards end of the season. I thought Indiana had a great season, and majorly overachieved, I'd take Vogel in New York tomorrow.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Frank Vogel gone, watching the Larry Bird news conference live atm. I think he's very unlucky here.

Wow- Bird just said he and Frank Vogel spoke for about a half hour on the phone this morning, and that Vogel kept asking him to reconsider. Larry said there that guys were "tuned out" towards end of the season. I thought Indiana had a great season, and majorly overachieved, I'd take Vogel in New York tomorrow.

Pretty unprofessional of Bird to say that stuff about asking him to reconsider. Bird is a legend (I'm a Celtics fan), but that's just uncalled for.

FWIW, I think Vogel did a good job this year - relatively. His biggest ever mistake however was taking Hibbert out of the game to allow LeBron a game winning lay up in the Play Offs a few years back, a call which ultimately cost them the series.

How'd that work out in the end? ;)

Very well in fact. Not too often you get a team going from 1/4 to 6/1 in the space of 6/7 minutes. Only a total idiot could have lost money. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pretty unprofessional of Bird to say that stuff about asking him to reconsider. Bird is a legend (I'm a Celtics fan), but that's just uncalled for.

FWIW, I think Vogel did a good job this year - relatively. His biggest ever mistake however was taking Hibbert out of the game to allow LeBron a game winning lay up in the Play Offs a few years back, a call which ultimately cost them the series.
    Bird has been behaving like a jackass for about a year now. Between 'telling' your star player to play the 4 even though he doesn't want to nor was he consulted, going to the media last week and throwing Vogel under the bus and now this.

Can't put together a terribly imbalanced roster full of guards who need the ball in their hands, have Monta Ellis as your 2nd best player and expect to succeed. And EVEN THEN Vogel nearly beat the 2 seed.

Look, Vogel has his flaws. His stubbornness to change rotations is a big one which cost us game 5. Our end of game plays this season were terrible, but at the end of the day players have to execute, and they for the most part didn't.

Bird: I don't let the players to talk to me about the coach because that can get out of control.

Yeah, that's really smart.. It's all about Larry these days.
    buyer95 wrote: »

Yep. Vogel will surely go to the Knicks and they will be a playoff team next year if he does.

Bet you we get a sh*tty coach and all. D'Antoni or that douchebag Mark Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ira Winderman, a long term beat writer for the Heat, believes Chris Bosh won't ever play again. The undisclosed medical condition (but worst kept secret ever) he is dealing with is believed to be blood clots as we all know by now.

Terrible news if true.

I disliked that LeBron Heat team so much but always had respect for Bosh. He was such an underrated part of that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

NufcNavan wrote: »

There's basically about 5 established NBA coaches I'd be happy to have. Outside of those, I think teams are actually better off thinking outside the box and taking a shot on a guy from college/abroad.

The "jobs for the boys" coaching carousel that goes on in the NBA with the same old tired, stale, and failed head coaches is beyond belief really.

Paully D wrote: »
    There's basically about 5 established NBA coaches I'd be happy to have. Outside of those, I think teams are actually better off thinking outside the box and taking a shot on a guy from college/abroad.

The "jobs for the boys" coaching carousel that goes on in the NBA with the same old tired, stale, and failed head coaches is beyond belief really.

Which comes back to why Bird sacked a top 10 coach in this league. Every reason to believe the next guy in will be a downgrade instead up an upgrade.

• Advertisement

Dont worry you can get Scott now that we let him go :pac:, supposedly the king maker of PG's , sure take away the 's and you got PG :eek:
    PG for MVP you heard it here first if Scott gets Indiana job

OMG, I totally forgot hes even got the Indiana connection, pretty much only reason he had the Laker job

I'd take either of those over Mike Brown.....

;)

Bird looked rightly pissed off when they basically threw that game. But that's on the players, not the coach. Pampered over paid brats in a lot of cases. More to do with who gave them contracts rather than whose coaching them, I would say.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Bird looked rightly pissed off when they basically threw that game. But that's on the players, not the coach. Pampered over paid brats in a lot of cases. More to do with who gave them contracts rather than whose coaching them, I would say.

I blame Vogel for leaving the bench out for too long, but it was hardly a sackable offense. And you're right. Players need to step up and they didn't.

All Bird needed to do was bring in an assistant coach to help Vogel with offense.

Watching these Raptors games is the most stressful torture ever. Great atmosphere in the bar last night though.

still confident they can out last miami in the series

Watching these Raptors games is the most stressful torture ever. Great atmosphere in the bar last night though.

Can't see them beating Miami. Miami have too many smarter (older and wiser) guys, not to mention mentally and physically tougher.

Would love them to beat Miami, but cant see it, Lowry finally showed up though, hopefully a sign of better things

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I can't see that series not going to 7 games, and I can't look past Toronto in that building in a game 7 of the second round! Toronto have stuck with them pretty well despite lowry and his awful shooting %... JV was unbelievable in the fourth last night as well! would love to see them get through!

Paully D wrote: »
    Ira Winderman, a long term beat writer for the Heat, believes Chris Bosh won't ever play again. The undisclosed medical condition (but worst kept secret ever) he is dealing with is believed to be blood clots as we all know by now.

Terrible news if true.

I disliked that LeBron Heat team so much but always had respect for Bosh. He was such an underrated part of that team.

That would be sad for the guy, but he'll be incredibly rich leaving the game if so.

Likewise, I hated the Heat in the LeJon era, Bosh was that strange kinda player who was under-rated at times, and over-rated at others.

• Advertisement

Cleveland at 4/6 to beat Atlanta?

Hard to argue with that now.

Advertisement