Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuffed Mushrooms cook time

Options
  • 16-04-2016 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Tried body coaches stuffed mushrooms this morning first off they took 25 minutes and secondly had a lot of water in them.

Any pointers on cook time and reducing mosteur in the mushrooms

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

My stuffed mushrooms always take 20ish minutes (large flat ones). I put a lot of bread crumbs in mine so don't tend to get a lot of liquid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

You can part cook the mushrooms by microwaving them,covered, for a few minutes.
    Mushrooms seem to release loads of moisture and then reabsorb it, but it takes forever. Even whenyou're frying them at high temp. Microwave definitely cuts down the time for frying, but you'd have to experiment as to how much it it'd help when yoiu're baking them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Mushrooms do release a lot of moisture but even more so if you wash them. Could that be the problem?

If so try wiping any dirt of them with a clean damp cloth or kitchen towel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I've seen some Portobello mushroom recipes where they specified to be careful not to cook them for too long, or they would become soggy because they'd start to release all the water. I can't remember if the recipes were for stuffed mushrooms or for mushroom "burgers" or some other dish though!

I think it might have been something like this: http://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2013/11/04/eggs-baked-in-portobello-mushrooms/

Advertisement