Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyslexia and UL exams

Options
  • 16-04-2016 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

I was wondering do you get extra time in exams because of dyslexia. Do you have to apply for it or will the examiners give it to you automatically because on the application form it would be stated that someone had dyslexia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

femur61 wrote: »
    I was wondering do you get extra time in exams because of dyslexia. Do you have to apply for it or will the examiners give it to you automatically because on the application form it would be stated that someone had dyslexia.

You apply to Disability Support Services at the beginning of the semester, and if you're awarded supports, you'll sit your exam in a separate centre to the rest of your class and get the required supports.

Can't say for certain what supports dyslexics get, but chat with DSS and they'll let you know.

If you're sitting exams this semester, and you haven't registered with DSS yet, I'm pretty sure it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I believe you are entitled to a half hour extra to sit each exam but I'm not certain.

Advertisement