Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No online or email support on 365! Online Banking????

Options
  • 16-04-2016 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

I've been unable to see credit card statements for months now. The "contact us" section refers only to a phone support system which is dysfunctional.
    I spent 15 minutes on hold last time I tried, that was aft an interminable menu system and entering all the requested digits. I abandoned it eventually.
    There is no option to leave a number and no attempt to call back on abandoned calls.
    BoI obviously believe customers will sort out their issues if ignored long enough.
    The phone number is expensive to use on most mobile plans.
    The online resolution service advertised elsewhere by BOI is not evident.
    There isn't even an email option.

Not what I call online banking!

So can someone sort out the statement issue and then maybe do something about support from within the app?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Daibheid wrote: »
    I've been unable to see credit card statements for months now. The "contact us" section refers only to a phone support system which is dysfunctional.
    I spent 15 minutes on hold last time I tried, that was aft an interminable menu system and entering all the requested digits. I abandoned it eventually.
    There is no option to leave a number and no attempt to call back on abandoned calls.
    BoI obviously believe customers will sort out their issues if ignored long enough.
    The phone number is expensive to use on most mobile plans.
    The online resolution service advertised elsewhere by BOI is not evident.
    There isn't even an email option.

Not what I call online banking!

So can someone sort out the statement issue and then maybe do something about support from within the app?
    Hi Daibheid, thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulties with your credit card statements.

Please can I ask you to login to 365 Online and use the ‘Online Service Desk’, if you send the details using the ‘ask a question’ option we’ll be able to access your credit card account and will be happy to look into this for you.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

My point was and still is there is no visible reference on 365  to any online support. I use, or try to use the iPad app. 
    The only online email support I could find anywhere on any of the BoI websites said they don't deal with this type of problem and neither it seems do you.

I'm still getting 
    There are no statements currently available for this account.

and no Online Service Desk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

My point was and still is there is no visible reference on 365  to any online support. I use, or try to use the iPad app. 
    The only online email support I could find anywhere on any of the BoI websites said they don't deal with this type of problem and neither it seems do you.

I'm still getting 
    There are no statements currently available for this account.

and no Online Service Desk
    Hi Daibheid, 

To access the Online Service Desk, please log in through our 365 Online website.

Once logged in, you will see 'Online Service Desk' on the right hand side of your 'Home' page. You can then submit your query through the 'Ask a Question' option and a representative with account access will be happy to investigate this further for you.

Thanks,

Sharon

Sharon would you ever read my post then go and get an iPad and see if you can follow your own instructions with the invisible _at least to me _online Service Desk you keep banging on about?
    I still can't see statements online and percentage help so far is 0%

Incentive to find another provider 99%

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

You need to login and then go to the Online Service Desk.
    Do it on your web browser and not the app.

42gch.png

2qbdgd1.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Sharon would you ever read my post then go and get an iPad and see if you can follow your own instructions with the invisible _at least to me _online Service Desk you keep banging on about?
    I still can't see statements online and percentage help so far is 0%

Incentive to find another provider 99%
    Good morning Daibheid, 

Thanks for your post.

Apologies for any confusion with instructions previously given. As explained by PeteK** you will need to login through your browser. Once logged in then go to 'Online Service Desk' and then 'Ask a question' a colleague will happily investigate this for you.

If we can help with anything else please let us know, 

Thanks
    Janette

<snip>

BoI decided to stop issuing paper statements. They didn't ask permission or even announce they were doing so.
    eStatements do not work on mobile or tablet apps so people have been deprived of access to  credit card statements. I learned this after 30 minutes on the phone line which is a miserable experience but at least the staff there have the facts.

How typical of Richie Bouchers attitude to customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Daibheid wrote:
    <snip>

Did you even try following the instructions given multiple times above?

@dunworth: I did try, they were wrong - repeatedly -which you might have figured out had you bothered to read the full thread before dipping in for a bit of a troll. 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I did read the full thread

Someone even screen shot it above. you need to use a web browser and not the app on the ipad

Anyway i hope you manage to get sorted with your CC statements

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

So you have an iPad app and decided not to include the online service desk in it?? Notwithstanding the fact that logging into your normal site on a touchscreen device is an exercise in extreme dexterity!  This is precisely the sort of attitude that pervades BoI's online offerings - features left willy nilly out of one platform with no technical basis for doing so.  

<snip>

eStatements do not work on mobile or tablet apps
    Yes they do. On a browser on the phone or tablet.
    I hope you're charged a fortune for paper statements.

Petek you're another one who didn't read what I said before you quoted it and replied wrongly. A browser is not using BOIs app which doesn't work for eStatements. As for charging me for paper statements making you happy, LOL you really should get out more.

Originally posted by Daibheid
    <snip>

Petek you're another one who didn't read what I said before you quoted it and replied wrongly. A browser is not using BOIs app which doesn't work for eStatements. As for charging me for paper statements making you happy, LOL you really should get out more.

Originally posted by Daibheid
    <snip>

I have read what you said.

''A browser is not using BOIs app which doesn't work for eStatements.'' .... you said tablets and phones. I said it does and then you said not for the app.

You've been told it works on the browser and kept going on about the app. You've confirmed yourself it doesn't work on the app.
    But it appeared your point was them not working for you and for you on tablets and phones. I said they do and said how. The browser.
    You're able to use the app store to give feedback on the app. You could request an update that does what you're asking for.

Yes, I need to get out a lot more.

Advertisement