Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 16th. April 2016

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

my sister just won the 10 kkkkkkkkkkkk

woo hooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

juneg wrote: »

woo hooooooo

Fabulous congrats!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

All is forgiven Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

screamer wrote: »
    Seriously who's worse darcy or tubridy?

Ray easily. Has no redeeming features, tubbs can be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Red Kev wrote: »
    She'd have a few good yarns from the Rolling Stones period but all Ray asks her is about a text that her grandson sent last week. This is like "Live at 3" or whatever it's called these days.

I'd rather hear about the pool orgies she got into with the A-listers of the music world. Seriously a good interviewer would have gotten some good stories out of her.

I suppose we should be grateful he didn't do a Pamela Anderson on her.

This is it. She's promoting a book so there's nothing in there she's trying to hide so have a bit of craic with her. She's clearly had a couple in the green room without being locked so she'll be loose tongued. By all means, ask her about the family and grandkids etc.

But don't just rattle off questions from the cue card and leave it at the first answer she gives. She's probably expecting a few of her answers to be expanded upon. But Ray just says 'yeah' or 'right', bit of silence, looks down to his card of questions and rattles off another one.

There's no actually no room in his interviews on this show for actual storytelling. And if a guest actually does veer off, he feels out of his depth and reigns them back in with another question that immediately stops any flow.

For a country that's meant to be famous or stereotyped for it's chat and music etc, it's actual chat shows are horrendous compared to across the water. I understand the budgetry constraints in not being able to complete with the level of celebrity guests, but the basics of this chat show are awful.

There are so many talented people in this country who could do a better job, but RTE just continue to be so tunnel visioned and structured and downright lazily obvious in who they bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

woo hooooooo

Congrats to your sister! Funny as I was going to pose the question earlier "does anyone know anyone who has won one of these prizes?"

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

woo hooooooo
    Could I possibly borrow a tenner? :(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

woo hooooooo

Really? Awesome! Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

woo hooooooo
    PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

woo hooooooo

Congratulations...a portion of which goes to whoever starts the thread, naturally :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

The worst thing is he's starting to look embarrassed himself for himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Morrissey

monkey9 wrote: »

For a country that's meant to be famous or stereotyped for it's chat and music etc, it's actual chat shows are horrendous compared to across the water. I understand the budgetry constraints in not being able to complete with the level of celebrity guests, but the basics of this chat show are awful.

In other countries they don't hand people entertainment careers because of their family connections (Ryan Tubridy, Lottie Ryan). The irony with Ray is that he was young talent recruited to be a kid's presenter and he did a good job, so in RTÉland this entitles him to a lifetime pass to try his hand at anything, even after he abandoned them and spent years mocking them and their salaries. They are perpetually terrified of finding new talent, they just use the same names again and again. Ray's interviewing skills were second to none when he was interviewing a simpleton pile-of-rags monster with a man's hand up its arse and socks stapled onto its head. Doesn't mean you give him (or his company, baldy bollocks industries) several hundred thousand a year to do something he doesn't want to or know how to do. The BBC don't put Bill Oddie presenting the tennis coverage just because he's a household name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

RTE would seriously consider interviewing Bono's dog walker at this stage.......

And make a program out of it........

I'm out.......broken like a Munster supporter tonight......

Stay safe, hugs to ye all stalwarts of all that is broken, gswxxx

I'm just in from taking the dog for a walk, Munster lost, i'll delete that recording so :eek:

woo hooooooo

Good luck, trying to call her :p

I hope some boardsie rings up sometime & say, "Thanks Ray, it'll pay for the boredom of your show & a holiday away from you" :D
    amtc wrote: »
    The worst thing is he's starting to look embarrassed himself for himself

Even the RTE staff are embarrassed for himself!
    Imagine, not watching FairCity for research purposes :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The moment last night when Darcy asked the dragons den guest about a headline in the paper just showed him up for the completely useless tosser that he is in yet another awkward exchange with a guest all of his own doing.

R...so did you get annoyed about something written in the mail
    - there was a bit of a headline I wasn't comfortable about...but look......as in leave it alone Ray...
    R...w-w-w-what was it about?
    - do you really want me to go there?
    R...a squeaky high pitched 'yeah sure go on sure' from Ray
    - she explains....
    R....Ray mouths the headline to himself...'oh yeah...so you would have said that?'
    - No I would never have said that
    R...stares blankly completely stumped...'right''
    ...She explains and puts the issue to bed.
    R...OK...

Ray moves on with a clip from the programme after he fails miserably to whip up some controversy which never existed in the first place with the wrong kind of guest to start with. Useless.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I rarely watch the show but did watch the bit with the Dragon's on the player as I like Dragon's Den.

That whole slot was bad, they could have done a slot in itself on the kids inventions.

What gramar says above is exactly what I was thinking when watching it and reminded me of how uncomfortable Johhny Giles was when he was on the show. Giles hates being called a dirty player, correctly too, but Ray was just skirting around it the whole time and you could see the effect it had on Giles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

tupenny wrote: »
    Ray easily. Has no redeeming features, tubbs can be good.

Tubridy has one redeeming feature. He's not D'Arcy!!!!

Advertisement