Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desk for rent for one day - stock trading

Options
  • 16-04-2016 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey All!! I've been trading the Ftse for some time now and I am in the fortunate position that I have a spare day a week that I can commit to solely trading. I'm looking to rent a desk for just one day if there is such a thing (7.30am - 4.30pm)? Ideally I could prebook for a month at a time or even weekly as I still have work commitments? Is there any such service like this? Did a search and didn't come up with much (Dublin and Meath area). Also is there any traders out there that have done similar.

Cheers

Lucas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

There's a desk in me garage you can rent one day a week if you like mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Surely all you need is a telephone and a computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

There's a desk in me garage you can rent one day a week if you like mate.

Pics?

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Pics?

Don't mind him - that's a disused kludgie he's trying to flog for beer money.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

buy silver

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

lucas1 wrote: »
    Hey All!! I've been trading the Ftse for some time now and I am in the fortunate position that I have a spare day a week that I can commit to solely trading. I'm looking to rent a desk for just one day if there is such a thing (7.30am - 4.30pm)? Ideally I could prebook for a month at a time or even weekly as I still have work commitments? Is there any such service like this? Did a search and didn't come up with much (Dublin and Meath area). Also is there any traders out there that have done similar.

Cheers

Lucas

What you're after is called a virtual office. There are a few providers of the service in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There you are OP. All you need is a screwdriver and a chair. Alf might rent you a screwdriver for an extra euro.

No thanks Alf, Thanks for sharing.

What colour paint is is the Tin, might be able to paint that desk with it.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

What you're after is called a virtual office. There are a few providers of the service in Dublin.

You know a virtual office is, well... Virtual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

theres a place called T-block that have wifi and desks and its pretty quiet (only 3 ppl when i was there). Just need a laptop. Its pretty common around dublin.

But i assume you want a few monitors and a pc setup ?
    Dont know where you can do that. Im sure theres a place though with all the startup accelerators in d ublin

Does it come with a virtual secretary that will do virtually anything for her boss, if you know what I mean, wink wink...

smash wrote: »
    You know a virtual office is, well... Virtual.

Does it have a view?

What colour paint is is the Tin, might be able to paint that desk with it.

Magnolia.

Can't go wrong with Magnolia mate. I even painted the dogs kennel with it.

Does it have a view?

yep

Magnolia.

Can't go wrong with Magnolia mate. I even painted the dogs kennel with it.

No thanks,

I was in outter Magnolia last week, Volcano's erupting there all the time.

Fookin Kip.

smash wrote: »

That's Bagenalstown, ain't it?

No thanks,

Fookin Kip.

The mounted archery is class, though. I was thinking of using a similar technique for audits.

That's Bagenalstown, ain't it?

AGh Feck :mad:

I'd love a Bagel now

No thanks,

Fookin Kip.

Great throat singers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

AGh Feck :mad:

I'd love a Bagel now

Bengals, not Bagels. Althogh how he's goign to get it from Cincinnati, I do not know.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lucas1

Jesus I opened up a can of worms haha. Normally I trade from home but with screaming kids it's getting increasingly harder! All I need is 2 screens for portable trading which I have (laptop and monitor). @spunge - thanks for the info. Cheers all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just go sit in a cafe somewhere. Or a pub with wifi.

Need to be in front on the pic at 7.30. You need to do a bit of work before market opens at 8am. I'd also have skype on the go, chatting with fellow traders etc.

Need to be in front on the pic at 7.30. You need to do a bit of work before market opens at 8am. I'd also have skype on the go, chatting with fellow traders etc.

Any headers or pointers mate?

I have a bit in savings I have been considering investing somewhere, at the moment they're just chillaxin in a savings account.

@Spunge - cheers mate. Block t in Smithfield the have hot desks for rent. Thanks for the help

@Alf. Waste of time having money in the bank unless it's just for security. I look to make between 5 and 7% return tax free. Month on month (compounded). It has taken me 3-4 years to become profitable. Don't believe the hype of get rich quick. You can lose everything. The key is never risk more than you can afford (good money management) study and trade as much as you can. If you are thinking of getting into it and I would recommend it (I like to mange my own capital), you should maybe try IG in Dublin for free courses, easy platform and good support.
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

My God! The Dukes are going to corner the entire frozen orange juice market!

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

currency stability may be replaced by, eh , currency flexibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

@Spunge - cheers mate. Block t in Smithfield the have hot desks for rent. Thanks for the help

yeah i did find it a bit pricey though. But there wasnt much options for you know like the odd day pay-as-you-go type thing around. You should also maybe check out general commercial property renting price (its FAR below residential). But if youre just one day a week the hot-desk might suit you best.

Personally id just work from home(my own comfy chair, set heating. 2 monitors, powerful machine vs using a less powerful laptop just so i can maybe communicate every few hours?) , but working there was good as we had a few of the team together and you can grab a conference room when we needed.

Best of luck and remember to buy high coz sure it'll be higher after the news comes out about that thing.

Advertisement