Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about warranties.

Options
  • 16-04-2016 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22

If I break my iPhone screen and go to a third party to fix it (which voids my Apple warranty) is it the responsibility of the third party repair centre to tell me that my Apple warranty is voided by using their parts?

I know to keep an Apple warranty in tact you must repair through Apple but if I hypothetically didn't know about Apples repair under warranty service and went to a third party repair centre, is it their responsibility to tell me my warranty will be voided or is it my responsibility to know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's your responsibility, it would be in the terms and conditions that you would of agreed to when setting up the iPhone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 alanalien

guil wrote: »
    It's your responsibility, it would be in the terms and conditions that you would of agreed to when setting up the iPhone.

So a 3rd party repair centre is in no way responsible to tell me I will void my devices warranty if they repair my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

This goes for any manufacturer , if you open a product while under warranty it voids warranty unless they are an authorized repairer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

alanalien wrote: »
    So a 3rd party repair centre is in no way responsible to tell me I will void my devices warranty if they repair my phone?

Nope, not at all.
    you cannot expect a third party retailer to know and explain the T&C's of a product that you bought elsewhere.

Advertisement