Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil timer

Options
  • 16-04-2016 6:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine wasn't using the oil in his house for few tears and was just burning coal. Now he's using oil again, his timer isn't working properly but he's wondering if it's because someone had moved the timer and maybe not put wires in properly. He opened it up and all wires are connected but he's wondering if it's possible they in wrong location or is he worrying about nothing. The oil burner fires up when switched to on location or when it's in one of the segments but when set to come on with timer, it won't move :( is it just a case of timer is broke and needs new one ?

IMG_20160411_070819128.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Does the timer rotate in time.

From what you describe it sounds like the dial is not turning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

dingding wrote: »
    Does the timer rotate in time.

From what you describe it sounds like the dial is not turning.

You can rotate it manually but doesn't turn on its own!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Looks like the timer is broken.

Obviously can't be definite without actually checking the connections as it is possible someone mixed up LN in with LN out

Obviously can't be definite without actually checking the connections as it is possible someone mixed up LN in with LN out

If all the segments were in the on position does the timer turn.

If all the segments were in the on position does the timer turn.

Yep, I can turn it when all in on or do you mean, put them all on the on and see if it turns itself

• Advertisement

If the L in and out are mixed up, why does it still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

duckcfc wrote: »
    If the L in and out are mixed up, why does it still work.

But it isn't working :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I thought this was a thread about 2011 until I clicked into it...

:pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I thought this was a thread about 2011 until I clicked into it...

:pac:

:D:D

duckcfc wrote: »
    Yep, I can turn it when all in on or do you mean, put them all on the on and see if it turns itself

Does it turn itself when the heat is on. This could indicate the live and switched live are mixed up.

• Advertisement

Does it turn itself when the heat is on. This could indicate the live and switched live are mixed up.

No doesn't turn at
    all

Advertisement