Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken screen advice please!

Options
  • 16-04-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey all, I just need some advice please, the screen of my compaq cq laptop just broke. Can anyone advise me on how much it will cost to replace? Or would I be better getting a new laptop? I'm in the middle of my thesis so need to sort something asap, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Is the screen physicaly broken or has it gone black

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

I've attached a picture, it seems to be shattered internally

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

€40-50 part, €30-50 in labor to fit.

Depending on the panel the shop might have to wait a week to wait for the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you have a PC handy you could organise a SATA cable and connect your hard drive, get whatever files you need while the laptop is in repair. Anyone into PCs would be able to sort the files in 10 minutes for you, ED E has the rest answered

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

If you have a PC or and old monitor you could hook that up to the laptop and then be able to work. Also you could use this to copy the files to a USB to work on while it is in for repair

Might be a bit easier than connecting a SATA cable. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you have a PC or and old monitor you could hook that up to the laptop and then be able to work. Also you could use this to copy the files to a USB to work on while it is in for repair

Might be a bit easier than connecting a SATA cable. :):)

Never thought of this, connect to your TV via HDMI OP, copy files to USB and away, work in college or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 65,428 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ED E wrote: »
    €40-50 part, €30-50 in labor to fit.

Depending on the panel the shop might have to wait a week to wait for the part.

€40-50 for the part is on the (very) low side. The rest of your post is spot on.

Advertisement