Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Leaf owner, auto mirrors, auto lights and maps version

• 16-04-2016 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi new leaf owner here

Is there a way to automate the electric mirror fold, so that when you start engine , mirrors pop out, and when you stop engine mirrors fold in

and

the auto lights on, is there a way for auto on to activate a little earlier, in other words , currently they auto on at semi darkness/ dusk, lets call that light level 5/10

can they configured to come on a slightly brighter light level say 3/10

Which lights use leds, and which use halogens (higher energy use)

Just a FYI, new car registered in march 16, the version of Nissan Maps is 2014/2015, surprised it is not 2015/2016

Where can i see a list of versions available for purchase, not intending to purchase, but if there is a version avail for 2015/2106, my feeling it should be installed FOC on a 2016 car by dealer

Thanks

Enjoyable video below :)

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/15/tesla-model-s-ludicrous-mode-cor-blimey/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

My experience over the years is that in car satnavs are often 1-2 years behind

I suspect the lights levels for the auto headlights can be programmed in the dealer with the NissanConsult terminal

What have you got , SVE, SV ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Mad Lad sv 24kw

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi Mad Lad sv 24kw

Ok, I was going to suggest if it was the SVE to leave the LED headlights on all the time, I do this because I much prefer the look of the LED's.

The DRL's in the SV will be on until the auto lights switch on, so I wouldn't think there is need to change anything ?

I'd probably just drive with the headlights on all the time like I usually did in any car.

The halogen headlights would consume 110 Watt hrs in 1 hrs driving, so this is really not going to effect range, you certainly won't notice it.

I think the DRL's are 20 watts anyway so the difference between those and the headlights wouldn't be noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Auto-fold mirrors are about a €80-100 option that your dealer can install. I have them and they work nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Would love auto dipping mirrors. Had them in my last car - prefect example of a feature you don't miss until it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Rafal wrote: »
    Auto-fold mirrors are about a €80-100 option that your dealer can install. I have them and they work nicely.

Can that be fit after car's been purchased, Rafal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Rafal wrote: »

Are the auto fold an electronic change, or new mirrors physically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

As far as I know they can be retrofitted.

I'm tempted myself, although it would be pure laziness.

I get in the habit now of pressing the fold button as I park and then pressing it off again after I turn the car off. That means they pop put again as soon as I restart the car to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Would love auto dipping mirrors. Had them in my last car - prefect example of a feature you don't miss until it's gone.

Not a fan of them, nearly got doored when cycling into town last week, the chap had his mirrors folded in and couldn't / didn't check before he swung the door open into the cycle lane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

ted1 wrote: »
    Not a fan of them, nearly got doored when cycling into town last week, the chap had his mirrors folded in and couldn't / didn't check before he swung the door open into the cycle lane

I'm talking about dipping not folding - ie mirrors dip when car is put in reverse to help with parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

k123456 wrote: »
    Are the auto fold an electronic change, or new mirrors physically

New component needs to be ordered and installed. The wiring seemed involved and took Barlo a while.
    peposhi wrote: »
    Can that be fit after car's been purchased, Rafal?

Yes it can, that's exactly what I did.

Advertisement