Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joleon Lescott vs Stan Collymore

• 17-04-2016 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Not content with his embarrassing performances, interviews and tweets, Lescott has moved on to offering out pundits via social media.

83170dff14018c6f7d7d6ba3d6adbd74.png

Cracking retort from Stan Collymore it must be said:

7b67447401def42650e3063f9e78c18c.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I'm normally attracted to a pair of tits, but not in this case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

There's only one man who could sort this out.

belfast-boxers-call-out-the-joyces.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

'Your not talking to some of the lightweights in the dressing now'.

Damn right. You're talking to the toughest woman-beater out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Not a big fan of cockfighting myself.

This is what Lescott said yesterday
    Now it's confirmed, maybe it's a weight off the shoulders and we can give these fans what they deserve, some performances," Lescott told BBC 5 Live.

Couple this with the car photo and it's probably fair to surmise he's not the sharpest tool in the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    This is what Lescott said yesterday

Couple this with the car photo and it's probably fair to surmise he's not the sharpest tool in the box
    Not forgetting the gum throwing contest with a team mate at Wycombe and the laughing and joking while on the bench at that game. Did he also tell the fans to fcuk off when they had a go at that game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

A right pair of eejits but Collymore's tweet about the phone being in his pocket is class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

blueser wrote: »
    Not forgetting the gum throwing contest with a team mate at Wycombe and the laughing and joking while on the bench at that game. Did he also tell the fans to fcuk off when they had a go at that game?

Yeah that was with Brad Guzan. Possibly the two worst players for Villa who were the worst team in the league. The sheer arrogance by two garbage footballers, who think they are untouchable. The sad thing is they may find clubs at a higher level than the championship. First thing Villa need to do is get rid of them two clowns. I'm not even a Villa fan and there behaviour throughout the season has put a bitter taste in the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

What was the car thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Korat wrote: »
    What was the car thing?

Dogging,I think. Sorry my bad,I thought you where referring to Collymore and his antics he got up too in a carpark somewhere. Here's what's your looking for.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/joleon-lescott-tweet-aston-villa-player-claims-car-picture-was-tweeted-by-accident-as-fans-fume-a6874611.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Korat wrote: »
    What was the car thing?

After a recent Villa defeat their fans were going cracked at the team and players on Twitter. Lescott was getting a lot of abuse and his next tweet was him just posting up a picture of his car, can't remember what it was but it was a serious set of wheels that might cost a couple of hundred grand to buy. The obvious implication being, "abuse me all you want but I don't care because how many of ye can afford a car like this?"

He then came out with the ridiculous excuse that he was driving at the time the picture was posted and the phone was in his pocket and the picture got posted by accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Lescott has been using the cloaking device for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

:eek:

Wow that's pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

That car tweet has to be one of the dumbest things Ive ever seen a footballer do, the excuse he came out with afterwards was just as bad too

There are few things as amusing as two not so bright fellows arguing. This is real "bald men fighting over a comb" stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Never thought I'd be on Stan Collymore's side in a fight but if they did meet up, I'd love it if he kicked the living ****e out of that bollox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Whatever about this nonsense between these 2, Lescott is an utter disgrace to the Villa jersey. If I was a Villa fan I would be absolutely livid. This man is getting paid ridiculous money, he's their captain (or vice-captain?) and this is the leadership that he portrays. It's no wonder the club have capitulated if this is the example that is shown by a supposed leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Never thought I'd be on Stan Collymore's side in a fight but if they did meet up, I'd love it if he kicked the living ****e out of that bollox!

If given the choice, I'd prefer Collymore to come out the worst in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I see where paul mcgrath is chipping in now in the side of Collymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They're both difficult to like. I wouldn't fancy Collymore's chances in that fight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

jester77 wrote: »
    Whatever about this nonsense between these 2, Lescott is an utter disgrace to the Villa jersey. If I was a Villa fan I would be absolutely livid. This man is getting paid ridiculous money, he's their captain (or vice-captain?) and this is the leadership that he portrays. It's no wonder the club have capitulated if this is the example that is shown by a supposed leader.

Can clubs not sack these assholes for anything. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's not as if they even need to protect a transfer fee, he's worth nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

No Villa fan would take Joleens side over Stans, Lescott should never have been signed he was washed up, dreadful transfer just to appease Sherwood

astonaidan wrote: »
    No Villa fan would take Joleens side over Stans, Lescott should never have been signed he was washed up, dreadful transfer just to appease Sherwood

Being washed up or kicking the sh*t out of women... Easy enough choice for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Being washed up or kicking the sh*t out of women... Easy enough choice for me.

Or you know, you could just talk about the topic at hand.

Aston was clearly referring to football terms.

But keep those digs coming :pac:

There's only one man who could sort this out.

'Never bit (sic) in me life...and never will be bit!' Up Joyce! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I was watching the game on Match of the Day when Lescott came on and I was half listening I had to grab the remote and rewind to listen to it. Surely the club have to come out and fine him for that. Lescott has been a primadonna since City came in for him didn't he threaten to go on strike if he was not sold. Wasn't Coleman on there radar also and while he wanted to go kept his head down and played great. He thinks he is better then everyone else and whatever has happened is not his fault he is flawless

Or you know, you could just talk about the topic at hand.

But keep those digs coming :pac:

I'll talk about what I like thanks very much.

Keep those digs coming? That's what Ulrika said... Not :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Lescott always had loads of talent , but never seemed content , too big for Wolves and Everton , and not good eneogh at City - his car tweet just summed up what can be wrong with over payed EPL players , then a much less talented Wes Morgan shows whats great about football , squeezes the last bit out of his relatively limited talent in comparison - Lescott is a disgrace to football today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'll talk about what I like thanks very much.

Keep those digs coming? That's what Ulrika said... Not :pac:

Doubt it. You'll probably find you'll get banned from certain Topics by not keeping on track :pac:

Lescott should be ashamed of himself for his actions afterwards. I see Collymore now talking about the Agbonglahor incident involving the laughing gas now.

• Advertisement

Lescott should post a pic of him in his new car drinking champagne just to get this story back up and running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What a fùcking moron. Have to feel very sorry for Villa fans actually that they have to put up with eejits like Lescott playing for them... utter garbage professional... if I was managing Villa I'd just play the kids from here on in and give them a chance... Lescott should really be suspended for and fined the maximum... disgrace of a player... you have to be some turnip to make a fella like Collymore seem even slightly more likeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

thebaz wrote: »
    Lescott always had loads of talent , but never seemed content , too big for Wolves and Everton , and not good eneogh at City - his car tweet just summed up what can be wrong with over payed EPL players , then a much less talented Wes Morgan shows whats great about football , squeezes the last bit out of his relatively limited talent in comparison - Lescott is a disgrace to football today.

The way he left Everton was a disgrace. Basically didn't want to play in a protest so that he would have to be sold... He was tragic in a game that Everton got beaten well by Arsenal in the opening game of the season I think it was... Always thought he was a right d**k after that game. Glad he left after that carry on!

Advertisement