Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop restarting constantly

Options
  • 17-04-2016 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have an issue with my laptop that I would be absolutely delighted with any advice at all, as it is really testing me now, and I have no idea what to do!

So, I have a 2.5 year old Samsung i3 laptop, 6GB RAM and 750 GB Hard Drive. It currently has Windows 8, which I think may be part of the problem I am just about to describe.

Essentially, the laptop seems to try to update every single time I either turn it back on from shutting it down, or indeed when I put the laptop to sleep. This ia relatively new thing, this used to only happen every 4/5 days or so, and I had it so I did it at weekends when I didn't need the laptop that much for work.

So anyway, this whole process takes about 90 minutes! It is so infuriating....red screen comes up, says it is trying to update....after a while it will start going back to the turn-on screen, and eventually a red screen will come back up saying 'failure to initiate changes, reverting back to initial settings'...(not exact wording, something to that effect).

It is hugely frustrating, as I need the laptop for work and this last week was a disaster as it took until about 11 o clock for the laptop to come on.

So I'm just wondering does anyone have any suggestions at all as to what I can maybe do to stop this madness?!?

Comments

Advertisement