Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers v Celtic Scottish Cup Semi-Final @ Hampden Park, 17th April k/o 12.00 SS2

13»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How can you not even hit the target from that distance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Phenomenal match. Congrats to Rangers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lottry my arse. If penalties are a lottery then so is every shot .

Give footballers a bit of credit.

Thats illogical. Shots during the game has the opposition closing you down for one.

It is a lottery, least its a better lottery than the coin toss they used to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It was the Brown miss that was the worst one, Ronny give us the roar... from Norway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

:(

Two Championship teams in the final who would have guessed.

Rangers have the bragging rights this season.

Well Done Rangers, better team on the day. Surely have got Deila the sack now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thats illogical. Shots during the game has the opposition closing you down for one.

It is a lottery, least its a better lottery than the coin toss they used to have

A lottery is a game of chance. If penalties are a lottery then it's irrelevant what a player does , it's all down to chance, which is horsehit. If anything, they are a game of skill.

To compare it to a coin toss is completely unfair to the players. They have total control over the situation, completely in contrast with a coin toss.
    The whole "penaties are a lottery" thing is a lazy cliche for commentators to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Some of the dumbest penalties i have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Penalties are not a lottery. They're a skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't get the appeal of Brown. He couldn't even pass the ball properly. And a penalty that was appropriately awful.

A lottery is a game of chance. If penalties are a lottery then it's irrelevant what a player does , it's all down to chance, which is horsehit. If anything, they are a game of skill.

To compare it to a coin toss is completely unfair to the players. They have total control over the situation, completely in contrast with a coin toss.
    The whole "penaties are a lottery" thing is a lazy stereotype for commentators to use.

Penalties are not the measure of a team performance.

Ive been in many matches where penalties decided the tie, won and lost, id still consider them a lottery. Its about putting teams in a situation that is the opposite to what the game is about. Overall, there is an element of chance involved. Thats why the concept of penalties exists in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Penalties are not the measure of a team performance.

Ive been in many matches where penalties decided the tie, won and lost, id still consider them a lottery. Its about putting teams in a situation that is the opposite to what the game is about. Overall, there is an element of chance involved. Thats why the concept of penalties exists in the first place

A big part of sport is that the smarter team usually wins. People like those Celtic players that still think that Penalties are some of witchcraft didnt deserve to win. Frankly because they are not very bright.

A big part of sport is that the smarter team usually wins. People like those Celtic players that still think that Penalties are some of witchcraft didnt deserve to win. Frankly because they are not very bright.

You are just talking shìte

Weirdest post I've seen in the SF in a while!

Rangers deserving winners today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fair play to Rangers. Nice little result for their fans on here given the sh!te they have to put up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fair play to Rangers. Nice little result for their fans on here given the sh!te they have to put up with.

All those nights Broxi and the other lads have cried themselves to sleep because someone on the internet made fun of their team were worth it now I bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shocked just how average Celtic were compared to rangers.

I would have thought with rangers being out of the top flight for so long, Celtic would have won this easy.

Even allowing for the rangers players being hyped up for it, they still were the better team.

Sad to see a great club and set of fans as Celtic having to see their team on the pitch as average as this.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Shocked just how average Celtic were compared to rangers.

I would have thought with rangers being out of the top flight for so long, Celtic would have won this easy.

Even allowing for the rangers players being hyped up for it, they still were the better team.

Sad to see a great club and set of fans as Celtic having to see their team on the pitch as average as this.

Its been the case since Deila came in, Celtic fans have been jumping up and down over the rot that has progressed during his tenure. He cant win big games and he's defensively naive to be simplistic about it. The board wont sack him because he will win the league title but by any other manager performance criteria that every other Celtic manager has been judged on, he should have been sacked 2 years ago. The Celtic board will still pick up their full bonus this season which is more damning about the standards they have set for the club

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Its been the case since Deila came in, Celtic fans have been jumping up and down over the rot that has progressed during his tenure. He cant win big games and he's defensively naive to be simplistic about it. The board wont sack him because he will win the league title but by any other manager performance criteria that every other Celtic manager has been judged on, he should have been sacked 2 years ago. The Celtic board will still pick up their full bonus this season which is more damning about the standards they have set for the club

Surely he'll be gone after this though. We'll wrap up the league shortly and that will be it with Deila, I hope. It would be sheer madness from the board to continue with him into next season. Should've been gone ages ago.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Surely he'll be gone after this though. We'll wrap up the league shortly and that will be it with Deila, I hope. It would be sheer madness from the board to continue with him into next season. Should've been gone ages ago.

I honestly think they wont. They'll give him a season with Rangers in the mix and they wont pull an Aberdeen.

Its very strange to me that he's still in the job. Very few positives to be talked about his tenure.

I honestly think they wont. They'll give him a season with Rangers in the mix and they wont pull an Aberdeen.

Its very strange to me that he's still in the job. Very few positives to be talked about his tenure.

The fans need to take control of the situation. I f the board won't sack him, the fans should demand that he is sacked. Win the league, and then get Deila out.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    The fans need to take control of the situation. I f the board won't sack him, the fans should demand that he is sacked. Win the league, and then get Deila out.

If the club listened to fans, neil lennon would have been sacked at half time against kilmarnock tbh. In spite of that day, lennon showed he was building towards something. With Deila, its the same mistakes over and over.

Its the boards ambition that should get the fans wrath. Deila is just a red flag on a bigger proble

If the club listened to fans, neil lennon would have been sacked at half time against kilmarnock tbh. In spite of that day, lennon showed he was building towards something. With Deila, its the same mistakes over and over.

Its the boards ambition that should get the fans wrath. Deila is just a red flag on a bigger proble

Hold on now, fans rant and rave every now and again, but the Deila problem has gone beyond a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Surely a first for two non premier league teams have met in the Scottish Cup final maybe even any national cup final in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

paulie21 wrote: »
    Surely a first for two non premier league teams have met in the Scottish Cup final maybe even any national cup final in the world

The 1990 FAI Cup Final took place between teams in the First Division and Leinster Senior League - Bray Wanderers and St Francis. Bray won 3-0. They weren't even promoted that season, so competed in the Cup Winners' Cup as a second tier side. One of the few second tier teams to partake in Europe, I believe (last season had two - UCD and Boards' favourite team, Go Ahead Eagles).

Not sure about any other leagues that have had this. It's a first for Scotland, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

vwK7v.gif

Just read that 100 million people watched that game, puts to bed this claim that nobody gives a **** about Scottish football (or at least the OF).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    The 1991 FAI Cup Final took place between teams in the First Division and Leinster Senior League - Bray Wanderers and St Francis. Bray won 3-0. They weren't even promoted that season, so competed in the Cup Winners' Cup as a second tier side. One of the few second tier teams to partake in Europe, I believe (last season had two - UCD and Boards' favourite team, Go Ahead Eagles).

Not sure about any other leagues that have had this. It's a first for Scotland, alright.

Was that not 1990 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Its the boards ambition that should get the fans wrath.
    Deila is just a red flag on a bigger proble

100% spot on. Sadly plenty of the Celtic forums I've been on seem to be largely complaining about Deila more than the board. He's a symptom, not the cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Was that not 1990 ?

You're right, good spot - was a typo. They missed out on promotion in the 1989-90 season, but went on to win the cup. Was one of the bigger attended finals, as well. 20,000+ at Lansdowne, I think.

Advertisement