Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A 'pancake-cake' I've been looking forward to making since last pancake day...my favourite day of the year!

Fluffy pancakes (not American style, more like crepes but made with self raising flour), layer with chocolate & hazelnut ganache and vanilla cream, covered with more vanilla cream and hazelnuts!

:eek: OMG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Not so much baking per se but made this chocolate biscuit cake for my nieces christening at the weekend! 2kg of callebaut went into this baby and stood a very proud 27cm highly without the cake topper!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wellyd wrote: »
    a very proud 27cm highly without the cake topper!
    wow, very professional looking, you would pay a fortune for something like that. I had to read again to see it was 27cm without the topper.

That is massive, have you any more pics? with something for scale in the pic, 27cm is huge but many people may not realise how big it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'd also love more pictures. It's completely flawless and not home-made looking like my cakes can be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Unfortunately that’s the only photo I actually took myself but I think a couple of relatives have some I must ask them to send them on to me. I only know it was so tall because I was using a metal ruler to smooth out my buttercream and it surprised me! I went for height and not width so it’s only an 8inch round. I needed to use three cake tins to make it so tall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 4 year olds birthday cake, definitely a labour of love! Chocolate sponge on bottom and vanilla on top, all gluten free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 4 year olds birthday cake, definitely a labour of love! Chocolate sponge on bottom and vanilla on top, all gluten free

Main pic didn’t attach last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭twignme

They look amazing! Will definitely give them a try next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

My recent efforts.

Banana bread with Hazelnuts and chocolate

20180218_183140.jpg

Pasticcini di mandorle (Almond biscuits)

20180218_183049.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Main pic didn’t attach last time!

oh let it go :p

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I have a bit of a request! Currently in the process of moving apartment and I have limited supplies left where I am to bake something for a work thing. I don't have any mixers/electronics- they're all packed up! Any suggestions for no-mixer bakes? I was thinking brownies and some flapjacks?

Musefan wrote: »
    I have a bit of a request! Currently in the process of moving apartment and I have limited supplies left where I am to bake something for a work thing. I don't have any mixers/electronics- they're all packed up! Any suggestions for no-mixer bakes? I was thinking brownies and some flapjacks?

Brownies, chocolate biscuit cake/rocky road, rice krispy treats... Most tray bake type things won't require a mixer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I made the Hummingbird Bakery banana loaf. There was too much mixture for a loaf tin and it flowed over the top a bit, so in future I'll put less in and put the rest into muffin cases. It's still cooling but a bit of the overhang that I had to cut off tasted good :)

IMG_3801.jpg

I’ve said it before Dizzy, and I’ll say it again, sometimes I think you live inside my head! ;)

Banana bread with added pumpkin and sunflower seeds and some chopped dates.

D20_F7_B61-62_CB-4_AAB-_AE3_C-2_EF9_B3427299.jpg

(That blue thing is the reflection of something on a bit of date that tried to escape). :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I’ve said it before Dizzy, and I’ll say it again, sometimes I think you live inside my head! ;)

It's a psychic link! :D

It's a psychic link! :D

Or else, i’m hiding under your kitchen window. (But I shouldn’t be telling you that, should I!) :Dm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Chewy flapjack cupcakes

https://imgur.com/a/OE44d

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Muffins filled with apple sauce and topped with cinnamon crumble.

Vvdve3V.jpg

They won't last long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Shenshen wrote: »
    Muffins filled with apple sauce and topped with cinnamon crumble.

They won't last long :D

Can you post the recipe please?

Made your pumpkin bread the other day. The dough had an alarming colour (greenish from the pumpkin oil) but the finished bread was delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Those muffins look delish...yes please to recipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Can you post the recipe please?

Made your pumpkin bread the other day. The dough had an alarming colour (greenish from the pumpkin oil) but the finished bread was delicious!

Ah, yes, I should have warned about that - freaked me out a bit the first time I made it, too :D

I don't really have a recipe for the muffins, I had the idea last week and set to it today.
    I peeled, cored and chopped 3 apples and cooked them into a nice mushy consistency with maybe a tablespoon of sugar added.
    For the crumble, I added equal qty of butter and flour (around 80g each) into the food processor, with ca 50g of sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Blitzed that, and added about a tablespoon of water to bind it a bit.
    Then I made a plain muffin batter, using half the quantities given here : https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2331641/basic-muffin-recipe, minus the chocolate chips or dried fruit.

I lined a muffin tin with cases, and filled each with a good tablespoon of batter, then distributed the apple sauce over them. Topped them with the crumble and baked for 35 minutes.
    They taste fantastic, only next time I may add less of the batter, as some have spilled a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Almond Ensaïmadas taken from the recent hairy bikers series:

Cut down on the sugar in both parts of the recipe by about a 1/3 and added a bit of sweetener instead to make them a bit less bold...I'd advise using double the amount of almond butter filling though when making them as I found the quantities of filling a bit wanting in the ones I made...28449616_10156059890752970_585290863_n.jpg?oh=8146df2335827ef39061ec3a3f963905&oe=5A958B87

In case of snow bread

20180226_214916_800x600.jpg

Banana bread from the cooking club in muffin cases. Also added white chocolate to the mixture.

20180228_201548_800x600.jpg

Our apartment is really cold so did my best to keep it warm by baking for most of the day! Made a loaf of brown bread (not a big sliced pan fan :P), homemade pizzas and those peanut butter oat cookies Donal posted a while back!

Thinking of what I can make tomorrow now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭mickwat155

There's a few tasty things that i made during the week ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭mickwat155

There's a few tasty things that i made during the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Dónal wrote: »

Thanks for recipie Dónal

I made these this morning... I made a slight mess of it as I was overthinking the cup measurement thingy and I foolishly added all the ingredients (not eggs thankfully) in to one bowl. Then I mixed eggs with small bit of sugar and removed as much of the peanut butter as I could and chanced it. And tried to do the best I could.

Anyways they are yummy

• Advertisement

Fed my sourdough starter yesterday and had some waste starter, so I made sourdough cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.

20180302_142322_800x600.jpg

Advertisement