Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There was a scone recipe in an article about Rye River Café in Kilcock in The Journal this morning and I gave it a try. They were amazing, really light and almost the texture of rock cakes. We had some with mascarpone cream and raspberry jam this afternoon :)

20200530-123605.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

tico1300 wrote: »
    Made some naan breads to go with the tandoori chicken I bbq'd
    then finished it off with some cannoli was too late by the time I got a pic they were nearly finished:)

Those cannoli look amazing, one of my favourite things to eat. I love the combination of the crispy pastry the ricotta filling. Was in Naples last year and my day wasn't complete without stopping for a coffee and a cannolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Made some naan breads to go with the tandoori chicken I bbq'd
    then finished it off with some cannoli was too late by the time I got a pic they were nearly finished:)

Any chance of the cannoli recipe? Been trying to make challenging things I wouldn't normally do during lockdown, they definitely fit that category! Yours look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

I used the bbc recipe, worked out very nice & also very easy to make

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cannoli

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Sounds great! Do you have Cannoli moulds or can one use something else. I see the moulds are cheap enough, but I could open a shop with all the baking bits I own, so reluctant to buy more.

• Advertisement

Sounds great! Do you have Cannoli moulds or can one use something else. I see the moulds are cheap enough, but I could open a shop with all the baking bits I own, so reluctant to buy more.

I already have the moulds, a tk maxx buy a good while back, same as yourself I have cupboards full of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Sometimes the simple things are the best. Lemon Drizzle Cake
    515471.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Mint aero brownies for my nephew! I absolutely hate mint chocolate so didn’t taste them but my nephew told me I’m the best aunt in the world so they must be good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Both our daughters had their birthdays at the weekend so I made cupcakes with cream cheese icing and dropped them off with their cards.

20200606-142850.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 518 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

White Chocolate, cranberry & macadamia cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    White Chocolate, cranberry & macadamia cookies

They look so good - what recipe did you use? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 518 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

leahyl wrote: »
    They look so good - what recipe did you use? :)

250 SR flour
    175 caster sugar
    75 oats
    125 butter
    2tbsp golden syrup
    2 tbsp milk
    100g white choc
    100g macadamia nuts
    50g cranberries

Mix all except nuts, choc and fruit and then fold them in after. Make 100g balls and slightly flatten and then bake 180°c for 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie......only got a pic after the tribe attacked it...

Apologies for the photo being upside down

gifted wrote: »
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie......only got a pic after the tribe attacked it...

Could you post or link the recipe please? My younger son is on a peanut butter trip at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Could you post or link the recipe please? My younger son is on a peanut butter trip at the moment :)

I’ve attached ( hopefully ) a photo of the recipe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Banana bread, I just love it. Bitta honey and cup of tea in bed this morning. Feel great all day after a start like that. I still haven't eaten anything since!

515796.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Interesting choice of mug... does it have a picture of a rooster on the other side? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My first (and last!) wedding cake. Or, almost wedding cake.

4 Vanilla sponges, layered with raspberry jam & vanilla Italian meringue buttercream. Same buttercream used to ice the cake in a pale pink to cream ombré. Cake pops are dark chocolate coated in milky bar and then topped with sprinkles or gold luster dust. It’s looks well alone but I think it looks great when decorated with the fresh flowers and foliage and on the tree stump :)

515803.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

A recent bake for my nieces fake confirmation was a ‘blue’ cake! She let me decide what that meant! She’s a coeliac so it had to be gluten free. So she ended up with a big blue ombré gluten free vanilla sponge and a heck of a lot of buttercream!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Jaysis those are some professional calibre cakes up there!!!
    New Home wrote: »
    Interesting choice of mug... does it have a picture of a rooster on the other side? :pac:
    No, it has a different picture. :eek:

515867.jpg

I actually baked this chocolate caramel cake back in March but it's gotten to the point where the two of us would be morbidly obese if we even attempted to eat all the baked goods that get made, so we have to freeze half of everything. Which is nice, because always there's loads of cake to choose from!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:eek:

Is it a picture of a Shuttle? It's a badminton-related pun, isn't it? :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I made strawberry jam for the first time recently! It turned out really well actually.

I know jam isn't technically baking, but I did make some brown bread to go with it (just using a soda bread mix...).

I think a good strawberry jam on brown soda bread can be as nice as cake :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I think a good strawberry jam on brown soda bread can be as nice as cake :)

That's what I keep telling myself... I can't justify eating a slice of cake every day, but a slice of bread and jam seems reasonable :pac:

Baked some fruit cakes the other day and a chocolate candied orange & hazelnut brownie earlier

Coffee Victoria Sponge :-)

I'm drooling.

leahyl wrote: »
    Coffee Victoria Sponge :-)

That looks delicious. Did you have a recipe, or just tweak a normal Victoria sponge?

• Advertisement

That looks delicious. Did you have a recipe, or just tweak a normal Victoria sponge?

Hi, it’s Mary Berry’s recipe! it’s basically a tweaked Victoria sponge with 2 heaped teaspoons of coffee granules mixed in with the eggs when beating them. Then the icing has coffee essence (I use Camp) in it. It’s so tasty and cuts really well too :-)

Advertisement