Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

420565.jpg

Gluten free brownie with a dark choc base, white choc with salted caramel flavour upper layer, and then topped with caramel cake filling, popcorn, and dark choc drizzle.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    420565.jpg

Gluten free brownie with a dark choc base, white choc with salted caramel flavour upper layer, and then topped with caramel cake filling, popcorn, and dark choc drizzle.

Omg that looks unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Some baking for the kids end of year sports day. All gluten free, rocky road, banana and choc chip cupcakes and a tasty vanilla sponge with lemon butter icing

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I made the gluten free coconut flat cookies form gluten free on a shoestring and they were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭sdp

Christening cake, fresh cream and strawberrys, and few buns

[IMG][/img]2jfy6v8.jpg
    10gmulu.jpg
    34qvi95.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That looks delicious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

The Christening Cake looks beautiful! Do you sweeten your fresh cream?

The Christening Cake looks beautiful! Do you sweeten your fresh cream?
    Thank you, no, did not sweeten cream on cake, as with sponge and strawberry, it was sweet enough for adults, I did for the children buns, a teaspoon per 125ml of cream :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Made some millionaire's shortbread, just because I recently discovered that making caramel isn't anywhere near as scary as I always thought :

e7jry1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's not fancy I know but this is a delicious tea brack...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Lisha wrote: »

Tea brack is delicious. Very often much more tasty than fancy things

sdp wrote: »
    Thank you, no, did not sweeten cream on cake, as with sponge and strawberry, it was sweet enough for adults, I did for the children buns, a teaspoon per 125ml of cream :) thanks

Thanks for that! Good idea to sweeten the kiddie's ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nano267

Lisha can you post the recipe .
    please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Lisha wrote: »

That looks beautiful, I would devour that smothered in butter with a cup of tea!

Would love the recipe if you care to share?

Tea brack recipie here.

Details are scant on recipie do this us what I do...
    I soak fruit in tea fir about 8hrs. (I use a variety of raisins, normal, golden,mixed fruit mix, cranberry etc€
    Add nuts. ( I use walnuts, pecan, and a nut mix)

Mix well.
    Stir in sugar, mix well, it's a big amount do start with a very big bowl.

I whisk the eggs. Stir in to mix.

Then add flour and spice.

Stir, stir, stir.

Pour into 2 well greased pound tins.

Into oven.

Try and hold off as long as possible to open. (Drool)

Slice add copious amounts of Butter.

Coffee.... Happiness :)

Thank you so much, I might try this at the weekend :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I made Jamaican Ginger Cake at the weekend. Sank a bit in the middle but it tastes amazing.

DEU2g7MWsAAhZhx.jpg

I made Jamaican Ginger Cake at the weekend. Sank a bit in the middle but it tastes amazing.

DEU2g7MWsAAhZhx.jpg

One of my favourite things! Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Can i have your recipe please? Both my husband and my da would be delighted forever if I made this!

Can i have your recipe please? Both my husband and my da would be delighted forever if I made this!

Forgive me for linking to the Daily Mail but this is the recipe I used.

When you add the wet to the dry there's a reaction kind of like when you make honeycomb. I think you need to be very quick once you get to that stage, I was a bit slow about it all which I think contributed to the sagging in the middle. Opening the oven door two or three times at the start probably didn't help either :)

• Advertisement

Bakers, quick q; I found out the other day that Decobake in Dublin city centre is gone out of business and this is where I've bought all my baking supplies in the past. I need to source sugarflair colours, fondant icing and cake boards/boxes for a cake I'm making soon is there anywhere else in Dublin that stocks these? Would rather not buy online!

Bakers, quick q; I found out the other day that Decobake in Dublin city centre is gone out of business and this is where I've bought all my baking supplies in the past. I need to source sugarflair colours, fondant icing and cake boards/boxes for a cake I'm making soon is there anywhere else in Dublin that stocks these? Would rather not buy online!

Homestore & More do a large range of baking stuff.
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/bakeware+baking/cake-icing+decorating/icat/kitcakici

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Strictly Sugarcraft are out in Nutgrove, if that's handy for you http://www.strictlysugarcraft.ie/
    The Range in Liffey Valley also have some supplies, have yet to visit them though, so I'm not sure how big their range is
    And I think Stock on South King Street also have some baking supplies

DEU2g7MWsAAhZhx.jpg

I baked Nigella Lawson ginger cake before. It was lush and your pic has put the want on me ... I think I'll try that recipe soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I use www.bakeworld.ie. they're based in Wexford but if you order before lunchtime they have next day delivery.

Home store and more can be helpful but I'm not sure they do sugarflair! I've usually bought gel colouring there but they have a good range of fondants

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yesterday I made a lemon and lime drizzle cake using Mary Berry's recipe for lemon drizzle cake (instead of 2 lemons I used one lemon and two limes).
    It's kind of the perfect cake - quick and easy as it's an all in one method, it's huge (I make it in a roasting tin!), moist, zesty and tasty! If you hide it well enough it'll keep for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

A cheesecake for a competition that Dr. Oetker is running. VERY rich! Was soooo full after a slice...but it was tasty :)

422607.jpg

🤪

@Sabre001, Beautiful Cake, Best of luck in competition! :)

• Advertisement

Beautiful cheesecake, gorgeous chocolate curls!

Advertisement