Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Great puns, ye are focatching on

(Sorry)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 518 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Lemon & Poppy seed traybake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,486 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

@TheKBizzle ^ truly droolworthy! My taste buds are envious.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Recipe please!

• 225g (8 oz) butter , softened
    • 225g (8 oz) caster sugar
    • 275g (10 oz) self-raising flour
    • 2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 4 eggs
    • 4 tablespoons milk
    • 1 large lemon.
    • poppy seeds (optional)

It’s essentially a variation on a Mary berry recipe except I boil a lemon for like 45 mins and then cut it up to remove seeds and blend the whole thing with some sunflower oil to like a thick mayonnaise consistency and add that. Makes for a much more lemony flavour. Bake at 160 for 30 - 40 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.

The glaze on top is just some icing sugar and milk with some corn syrup mixed together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Lovely thank you

Chocolate chip & walnut cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭sporina

oh wow you can't beat home made choc chip cookies... esp when warm hmmm..

Few almond croissants this morning.

@TheKBizzle your bakes are gorgeous! Are you professional?

• Advertisement

I’m not professional. I couldn’t decorate a cake to save my life!

the look fab and not easy to make..

i'd have to have em slightly warm and smear some raspberry jam on em lol - slag me if you wish

They are easy enough made. Just make up the frangipane mix and I keep that in fridge for when I’m making them. Spread a layer on the inside of a day old croissant and some apricot jam in the middle. Layer of frangipane on top with some flaked almonds and into the oven for about 10 mins.

I have made a version with some pineapple essence in the frangipane mix and added some chocolate to the inside to give a kind of pineapple log vibe.

If I recall vaguely, the boards photography forum used to (idk, maybe they still do) publish a yearly book with their combined images (don't quote me on this, though)... The images of these bakes and the meals in the dinner thread would make quite a good food calendar, at the very least!

Had a load of bananas to use up so some banana & toasted walnut muffins today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Sosig rolls.

😀

Double chocolate & peanut butter Brownies

Knocked up a quick loaf this morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I keep meaning to bake some brown bread, finally decide to do it today. I saw your post TheKBizzle and decide to give a pattern a go - not as good as yours, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Hmmm...not sure those brioche will be edible. I guess I'll have to chance my arm to find out. Wish me luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Not sure who baked this but they must’ve been standing at the door when the put the raisins and currants in.

Some mint choc brownies

i've an awful craving for a brownie these days.. I must get one at the weekend - but i won't be making em - I know just the place to get one.. a little horse box coffee n cake biz down the marina in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

If you change your mind, this is Mrs G’s go-to Brownie recipe. They are amazing!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

thanks but I'm crap at baking - in my youth Mum use to get me to make apple tarts (a staple in our home).. and the boys always knew when it was one of mine and not Mum's.. "oh thats not mum's - the pastry is like leather".. grr.. and my buns wer always cracked coming out of the over.. too heavy handed.. Mum had the knack.. light hands..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Made Nik Sharma's chocolate lava cakes for dessert today. Scaled to half was just right. Dead easy too.

If you have non-cast iron ramekins, you will find unmoulding them much easier...

https://niksharmacooks.com/molten-lava-chocolate-cakes/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭phormium

Delicious looking bread, I'm avoiding making it these days as I eat too much! Bought some fresh yeast though and am going to freeze most of it but will make a batch of cinnamon buns first.😁

• Advertisement

wow did you make all that? the brown bread looks great - like what my Mum use to make

Advertisement