Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone HG659 Superuser Password

• 17-04-2016 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I got Vodafone Lightspeed installed recently and they gave me a HG659 router which is a rebranded Huawei router.

You can log in as admin however to adjust the advanced settings you need to log in as superuser.

I tried the Superuser Password for previous models however it does not work.

I spoke with Vodafone tech support and they say they don't know the password, which sounds like bull to me!

Does anyone know what the password is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 imass

leateds wrote:
    I got Vodafone Lightspeed installed recently and they gave me a HG659 router which is a rebranded Huawei router.

leateds wrote:
    You can log in as admin however to adjust the advanced settings you need to log in as superuser.

leateds wrote:
    I spoke with Vodafone tech support and they say they don't know the password, which sounds like bull to me!

leateds wrote:

leateds wrote:

On back side modem

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leateds

Yes, I know the admin password, it is the superuser password that I need. I have however since bridged the router and set up a pfsense router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The last 8 digits of the serial number with an @ before it

this kinda thing :

maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Vico1612

The superuser for the 658 was
    U/N: superuser
    P/W: HG-658c_VF_ie*

So wild guess for the 659

U/N: superuser
    P/W: HG-659c_VF_ie*

If that fails , I would ask the VF Reps on their Boards channel or through their community site : https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Technical-Support/HUAWEI-Home-Gateway-HG659/td-p/169170

• Registered Users Posts: 11 khris inda pink

For the 658c
    admin
    admin1234
    I hope that helps I spent hours not getting to the Wi FI filtering to block the kids after hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 radodroma

The su password worked. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hasse

On a related-ish question
    Does the 659 suffer from the same bug as the 658 router, causing 169.0.0.0/8 to be defined as local traffic?

ref: boards.ie /ttfthread/2057498318
    (Can't link cause I'm a boards newbie)

//hk

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jordi1910

leateds wrote: »

Hi leateds, did you (or anybody else) sorted this ? I got the same modem/router and I'm thinking if there are more options available than the ones which shows after login as admin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 endru

Hi,
    I would like to set up another voip phone account, I supose that it should be possible with superuser acces, my question to RADODROMA what superuser password and user name worked for you ? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Sorry to necro but anyone confirm the su login details for this?

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Same, anyone have the superuser login details for HG659 device? I tried the @12345678 last digits of serial and HG-659c_VF_ie* with no joy,

• Registered Users Posts: 11 khris inda pink

Redrocket wrote: »
    Same, anyone have the superuser login details for HG659 device? I tried the @12345678 last digits of serial and HG-659c_VF_ie* with no joy,
    Try admin1234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Have a hg659 in a customers house, the admin password on the base doesnt work , nor does any password in this thread. Any ideas , could be a later firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

Does anyone have the answer to this? The QOS setting has crippled my wireless to 5mb/s and I can't find a way to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭dmm1000

Just again I'll ask and also for everyone who's already asked - i need to set this up as a modem only mode as i want to use my own router - can anyone help me / us in terms of what the username and password is to get the access and then a brief guide as to how to do it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

If you're on SIRO via Vodafone (the same on OpenEIR FTTH), then you don't need their router.

Get one, that will do Vlan tagging on the WAN port and completely replace it. End off.

On SIRO, you can use any credentials to connect. They don't care about them. Just set up Vlan 10, establish a PPPoE session with some credentials, job done.

On OpenEIR, it shouldn't matter either with the credentials, but worst case use:
    VLan: 10
    Username: [vodafone modem serial number]@vfieftth.ie
    Password: broadband

The only time you would need bridge mode is, if you have their phone service and it comes in via the router (VoIP).

/M

Advertisement