Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden waste.

Options
  • 17-04-2016 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, have recently purchased a property with 1 arce of land. Approx 1/2 arce is over grown with small trees and briars etc. Plan is to clear it all out but what is the best way to dispose of the waste. Also has 40 foot green house being dismantled which I will have a large amount of glass I'd also need to dispose of? Anyone any suggestions

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

hire a shredder and use the mulched waste in the garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

A wise old man once told me, there's no such thing as waste in the garden.
    As magicbastarder said, a shredder will reduce all your trees, shrubs, brambles etc to chippings which can then be used as a mulch or along with grass cuttings, weeds, kitchen peelings, can be turned into compost.
    The greenhouse would probably have takers if you put it on Adverts or Done Deal or such, even if the frame is damaged the glass would still be useful to someone, I'm sure. Especially if it's free.

Advertisement