Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topping up my credit union loan.. again ?

• 17-04-2016 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I have a 4000 car euro loan with my credit union which I pay 50 into each week. 40 euro to the loan 10 to the savings.

A few months ago I got a top up of 500 euro. I currently have 1270 left of my total loan with 420 in savings.

I was looking to take out about 1000, does anyone know is there a period you have to wait between one top up and applying for another ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

ak4 wrote: »
    I have a 4000 car euro loan with my credit union which I pay 50 into each week. 40 euro to the loan 10 to the savings.

A few months ago I got a top up of 500 euro. I currently have 1270 left of my total loan with 420 in savings.

I was looking to take out about 1000, does anyone know is there a period you have to wait between one top up and applying for another ?

Rules will vary from CU to CU. You would need to check with yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Rules will vary from CU to CU. You would need to check with yours.

Anyone had experience with this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ak4 wrote: »
    Anyone had experience with this ?

No two CUs are the same, they all have their own rules and policies.

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Some Credit Unions have limits on how many top-up loans you can take out in a twelve month period. If your repayment history is good, you may well get the additional top-up, but you can expect to be asked to increase the payments.

As other posters have said, every CU has it's own policies on top-ups, you'd need to call in and ask in yours

• Registered Users Posts: 2 braggart

I have gotten top ups of more than 1000 at a time within a 12 month period and it was a straight forward process.

But it does depend on the cu as already mentioned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement