Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What next after grobag

Options
  • 17-04-2016 5:03pm

Hello, my two year old will no longer sleep in his gro bag, unless I put him in it once in a deep sleep. What did you transition too? He will have a cot bed for another few years, so was just thinking of a duvet. Anybody using the gro bed? Is it worth buying? I was just thinking of trying a duvet and see how he goes. Any advise is welcome, thanks Sunny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sunny we have an ikea cot duvet which is a perfect size with cotbed sides on. We also have a cot bed duvet too. It is bigger as meant to be used with sides off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hiya, We transitioned to a single bed with a duvet. :) When too big for the growbags, they are usually also big enough to stand up and fall out of a cot.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We put him straight into a double bed, usual pillows and duvet and with a bed rail.

It means that if he needs us during the night one of us can go in with him and the other at least can get a decent nights sleep. If he was in with both of us all three would have a bad night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Mothercare have walk-in sleeping bags - quite handy, at least for the colder months. Our two year old sleeping on double mattress on floor, using sleeping bags until it gets a bit warmer, then move to normal single duvets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I used the gro duvet covers which zip onto the bed sheet and they are great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

My son is useless at keeping the blanket or duvet over him so in cold weather, we just use a fleecy sleep suit over his pyjamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

my two year old just about fits in her gro bag too shes very tall so think im going to try the duvet route and see how we go...im raging always loved the thought that she was warm and cosy in her gro bag!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Those grobag duvets don't come off the bed because they are zipped on both sides. V toasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

There's clips you can get for duvet that go under a single mattress (I tied a knot in them to go under cot bed mattress).

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+duvet-clips-in-quilts-and-bedding+a3071

I got two, one for near the top and one for end of his legs. They're great as he can still easily get out of he needs to but keep the duvet on if he's doing sleep gymnastics. They also stop him falling out of bed.

I got them after he became too big for gro bags but was kicking off the duvet and then waking up from the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

How big do grow bags go? My 21month still in 6-18mth but just about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

73trix wrote: »

You can get 18-36 month ones.

CaraMay wrote: »
    I used the gro duvet covers which zip onto the bed sheet and they are great

Would they suit a normal single bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

My boy is nearly 4 and didn't take to the duvet at all. Was always off him after an hour or so and I'd be in and out to him to fix it. Was nervous then for the colder months so got him a sleep sac on Amazon. It's perfect, he loves it. It has a fire engine on it so definitely for "big boys"!! It's huge so fits the length of his single bed and a good foot or so room at the end for him to grow into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Jojo maman bebe do gro bags up to 4yrs; 3.5tog with detachable sleeves - really toasty in this cold weather

nikpmup wrote: »
    Jojo maman bebe do gro bags up to 4yrs; 3.5tog with detachable sleeves - really toasty in this cold weather

"detachable sleeves" ! Love, love, love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

"detachable sleeves" ! Love, love, love.

They're fabulous, his room is really cold but he's super warm in his dinosaur gro bag :) It does come in different colours/patterns too.

Advertisement