Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get Star Wars VII Blu-ray

Options
  • 17-04-2016 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As it's coming out tomorrow, i was wondering where anyone is getting theirs?

Has the sterling come down to make it cheaper on Amazon?

I see that they have 2 limited edition sleeve covers, but on noticing last week's Lidl brochure, it was to be in on Fri for €25, but didn't actually come in, but was looking to get something else on Amazon to avoid postage, afaik it's been increased to £4.50?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi,

I see that they have 2 limited edition sleeve covers, but on noticing last week's Lidl brochure, it was to be in on Fri for €25, but didn't actually come in, but was looking to get something else on Amazon to avoid postage, afaik it's been increased to £4.50?

Thanks.

I seen a 2 disc blu ray in Super Valu today. No price on the shelf of course

• Registered Users Posts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi,

Thanks.

It's out since Friday €20 in Supervalu but sold out, Disney store where selling black sleeve edition in town for €17.99 but that's sold out think everywhere else it's the standard with sleeve edition!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I seen a 2 disc blu ray in Super Valu today. No price on the shelf of course

I'd say €25, as they must be paying a bit more to get it exclusively?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99402720

If using amazon check your basket. I have gotten free delivery a few times while a little below £25

• Advertisement

It's out since Friday €20 in Supervalu but sold out, Disney store where selling black sleeve edition in town for €17.99 but that's sold out think everywhere else it's the standard with sleeve edition!

Must have got all the one's headed for my Lidl & €5 cheaper too!
    But silly question, is there a diff btwn the covers?
    I wonder did SV advertise it like Lidl?

Must check tomoro, as it's across from the local Aldi, as the three are within 5m fo each other, good healthy competition :p

Strange, i didn't see any Tesco tv ads on it, but i suppose i'd expected them to try & beat the others
    rubadub wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99402720

If using amazon check your basket. I have gotten free delivery a few times while a little below £25
    How did you do that, especially below £25

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How did you do that, especially below £25
    I just put things in the basket and go to checkout and see if it offers free delivery.

My theory is that they have a weight limit and maybe a profit calculator, there are no volunteer postmen so they must have it worked out that if they are getting enough profit and the post is cheap the can give it to you free.

I have done a few test ones before and I think I was as low as £22 or 23 and getting it free. Also bear in mind when you go to checkout you will be charged Irish VAT which can bump it over the £25 mark. My last order a week ago was £24.49 and I got free delivery.

This site also allows you to find bargains in a particular price range.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-amazon-loopholes#uncover

rubadub wrote: »
    I just put things in the basket and go to checkout and see if it offers free delivery.

My theory is that they have a weight limit and maybe a profit calculator, there are no volunteer postmen so they must have it worked out that if they are getting enough profit and the post is cheap the can give it to you free.

I have done a few test ones before and I think I was as low as £22 or 23 and getting it free. Also bear in mind when you go to checkout you will be charged Irish VAT which can bump it over the £25 mark. My last order a week ago was £24.49 and I got free delivery.

This site also allows you to find bargains in a particular price range.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-amazon-loopholes#uncover

Yeah, i've seen yer man Martin Lewis a few times on the telly,

The Irl vat was funny as prices went up 20-30p afterwards ;)

Once i've heard someone on here afaik, put a pre-order item on to bring it over £25, so they'd get it & cancel the pre-order afterwards!
    Afaik, there's a part there to group deliveries or send on when possible, i don't know if you pay some postage?

Edit: I've tried that just to see, but it must be certain items? :)
    Order Summary
    Items: GBP 22.55
    Postage & Packing: GBP 4.50

Thanks, i got one in my local Supervalu, plenty there,
    also DVD Box-set of SW IV-VI for €20 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I can't understand why there's a €6 difference between blu ray and DVD, it's idiotic scalping like this that drives people down the illegal route and away from physical media.

• Advertisement

I can't understand why there's a €6 difference between blu ray and DVD, it's idiotic scalping like this that drives people down the illegal route and away from physical media.

Supevalu isn't the worse, as everywhere else is btwn €22-25 & years ago, afaik it was almost double :(

Advertisement