Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second lobe piercing

Options
  • 17-04-2016 5:13pm

Hello,

I got two lobes and a helix piercing over 4 months ago. The lobe piercing which is on the same ear as the helix pierce is really struggling to heal. I returned to the piercer and she said I shouldn't have gotten three piercings at the same time. Anyway, there is no pain or signs of infection. The ear does appear swollen, piercer said it was just scar tissue. My body is still producing lymph fluid in and effort to heal and I am following the piercer' cleaning instructions.

Any thoughts on why this isn't healing?

Thanks

Sunny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SassQuatch

I had a lobe and a helix piercing done at the same time (For a while Ive been piercing my ears two at a time and Im currently in 7), and getting more than one at a time never gave me trouble, although I always asked the piercer if it was alright.
    Lobes tend to be easy to heal, but if you have a helix and a lobe on one ear, and the third lobe on the other ear, it may be hard to find positions in your daily routine or in your sleep where you dont hurt any of your piercings. So first of all i would watch out for that. Secondly, maybe go for a second opinion on your aftercare instructions, Ive had good piercers advice me stuff that didn´t really work for me, and I dont know your aftercare instructions nor your piercer.
    Lastly, check if your jewerly is good and it doesnt squish your ear, Ive seen people get lobe piercings in the wrong size which wouldn´t let the wound breathe and heal

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sassquatch--Stop posting in zombie threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement