Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary schools Naas

Options
  • 17-04-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hello, my husband and I are considering a move to Naas from Dublin, we're going to look at a couple of houses during the week. Can anyone give advice on secondary schools in the area? We have a 12 year old who'll be entering 1st year in September so I'm concerned that we may not get a place if they're oversubscribed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Best chance is Naas Community school. CBS, Convent and Pipers Hill will be tough to get into.

The community school is moving to millenium park in sep 2017...but has yet to break ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Yes, Naas Community College is your best bet at this stage. It's going to be a fantastic school!

http://www.naascc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Newbridge College, private school, might be an option if places are limited elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Hi, thanks for the replies. I gave Pipers Hill a call and although she couldn't say we'd definitely get a place, she seemed to think that we'd be ok getting a spot somewhere, considering there's now 4 secondary schools in Naas. I'll give the others a call too and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Gaelcholaiste takes some kids from 'English' schools, as long as they have a positive attitude. Town centre location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ixus wrote: »
    Newbridge College, private school, might be an option if places are limited elsewhere.

Not unless your name was down the day after the child was born, or you have a K4 address

Advertisement