Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mobile boards?

Options
  • 17-04-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have a new mobile version of boards?

All the stickied forums don't show on it. ...?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Also can't seem to attach pics ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Did you happen to turn on the beta?
    Look at the bottom, should be a link called something like "turn beta off".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Found it!

It's called 'legacy site'

Sounds like a strange name for the current touch site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

ganmo wrote: »
    Found it!

It's called 'legacy site'

Sounds like a strange name for the current touch site

You wee beauty. The redesign has been driving me nuts, the site should know better we're afraid of change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I find the new layout an absolute nightmare on mobile.
    How do I get to my followed forums? The links that used to be located in a hamburger menu beside my avatar at top right corner have vanished.
    The nearest thing i can find is to drag the ribbon below the "welcome to the new boards.ie" picture and click "Show my forums", but instead of "my forums" this just shows a list of the latest threads from forums that I follow. So if i follow a less active forum, it gets pushed away down, and i have no link to it from a heading that was supposed to "show me my forums". There doesn't seem to be any " page 1, 2, 3 etc either so that i can go further down this list of threads.
    Very frustrating.
    I am viewing it mostly on Chrome mobile, in Android 6, on a 5.2" FHD resolution device, but the problem seems to be the same on another device. 7" running Android 5.1 and only 1024x600 resolution. So I don't think it is related to scaling or resolution/pixels.

[Edit]I tried switching back and forth between the versions and refreshing, full site, touch site, responsive site and a hamburger menu is now working on the 7" tablet but still cannot get it to appear on the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement