Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Fujitsu Lifebook A Series Wire

Options
  • 17-04-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have owned a Fujitsu Lifebook A Series laptop for 3 years now. Lately, it has been acting very weird. I have to put it / put the wire in certain positions just so it can charge? When I don't put it / put the wire in those certain positions, the computer does not charge. I took it to a repair shop and they said that the problem was in the place were you stick the tip of the plug into the laptop. BUT, after they did that and I got it back, nothing changed. I am starting to wonder if it is the plug that is causing this mess. I am telling you now that this only began at the end of March and has been happening ever since. Like the plug / wire looks grand, it does not look one bit broken or bended? Please, somebody help me. What should I do? Bring it back again (have a warranty also from them) to the repair shop or get a new plug? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Hi, I have owned a Fujitsu Lifebook A Series laptop for 3 years now. Lately, it has been acting very weird. I have to put it / put the wire in certain positions just so it can charge? When I don't put it / put the wire in those certain positions, the computer does not charge. I took it to a repair shop and they said that the problem was in the place were you stick the tip of the plug into the laptop. BUT, after they did that and I got it back, nothing changed. I am starting to wonder if it is the plug that is causing this mess. I am telling you now that this only began at the end of March and has been happening ever since. Like the plug / wire looks grand, it does not look one bit broken or bended? Please, somebody help me. What should I do? Bring it back again (have a warranty also from them) to the repair shop or get a new plug? :confused:

The core of the cable is probably damaged - the plastic outside can look fine but the wires inside could be frayed to the point that it takes a bit of wiggling around to get it to work. Look on manufacturers website/amazon for a replacement charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

FanadMan wrote: »
    The core of the cable is probably damaged - the plastic outside can look fine but the wires inside could be frayed to the point that it takes a bit of wiggling around to get it to work. Look on manufacturers website/amazon for a replacement charger.

Thank you very much for your reply. Here's a certain position for example that I have to put it as:

Thank you very much for your reply. Here's a certain position for example that I have to put it as:

Yeah - that does look like one of the wires inside could be damaged. You should replace it before it goes completely. You should be able to get one online easily enough. Just make sure that it's a genuine part - there are plenty of fakes out there and a lot of them are rubbish.

Yeah - that does look like one of the wires inside could be damaged. You should replace it before it goes completely. You should be able to get one online easily enough. Just make sure that it's a genuine part - there are plenty of fakes out there and a lot of them are rubbish.

Could time also be a factor in causing this? Like I have had it for 3 years?

^ Last question, I promise.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Could time also be a factor in causing this? Like I have had it for 3 years?

^ Last question, I promise.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Lol - question away.

Nah - the age wouldn't really have anything to do with it. More the usage - if it's being plugged in and out a lot and cable rolled up a lot, it can get damaged over time. Or might have been poorly made.

If you want to try a short term repair, you could try something like Sugru. This could give it a bit more life but you'll probably have to get a new one soon anyway

• Advertisement

Lol - question away.

Nah - the age wouldn't really have anything to do with it. More the usage - if it's being plugged in and out a lot and cable rolled up a lot, it can get damaged over time. Or might have been poorly made.

If you want to try a short term repair, you could try something like Sugru. This could give it a bit more life but you'll probably have to get a new one soon anyway

I finally received my new one I ordered today and it was the definitely the right idea and of choosing this one. Thanks so much for your help.

Happy days :)

However, now it is beginning to show on my computer that it won't charge unless I have the new adapter in a certain position. It does not look bended at all unlike the old adapter - which I had for 3 years for crying out loud and this one only over a month. Is it my computer's fault now and that I have to get a new computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If it does it with the new power adapter, then it kinda points to the socket on the laptop. Did the shop change it? Was it soldered on to the motherboard or a cable that plugs onto it? Ask them what they did.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    If it does it with the new power adapter, then it kinda points to the socket on the laptop. Did the shop change it? Was it soldered on to the motherboard or a cable that plugs onto it? Ask them what they did.

Now it keeps changing on me. As in, one minute it shows it is not plugged in though it is then another, it shows it is plugged in and charging. What is up with this? It is so annoying. Is the computer loose or is it ****ed completely?

• Advertisement
Advertisement