Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeships

Options
  • 17-04-2016 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm interested in doing an apprenticeship I haven't decided which one yet it's between electrical and plumbing.
    I was reading on the website about it but I'm still unsure.
    Does anyone know exactly how I go about getting one? Like from the very first step right up to the last?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SpinFishing1

Sorry to dig up an old thread but in response to question ;

To gain employment as an apprentice you must first seek work with a registered Craftsperson that works in the trade you wish ie Plumbing/Electrical/Carpentry etc.

Upon gaining employment with this person you must get registered with Solas/Fas as an apprentice.
    Upon registering as an apprentice you will then serve a minimum of 4 years from registration date.

The 4 years contains 7 Phases as follows ;

Phase 1 - Working With Employer
    Phase 2 - College/Training Centre - 22 Weeks I believe.
    Phase 3 - Working With Employer
    Phase 4 - College / IT - 10 - 12 Weeks I believe
    Phase 5 -Working With Employer
    Phase 6 - College / IT - 10 - 12 Weeks | believe
    Phase 7 - Working With Employer and finishing off any remaining time you need to serve ( 4 Years) to get Craft Certificate.

Advertisement