Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing an Oceanis 370

• 17-04-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not the sailor in the family, although I'm not a complete stranger to the sailing world. Nevertheless, my dad has arrived at a point where his beloved 1990 Oceanis 370 is gone and he needs a replacement. He has a budget in the very low forties and wants something cruise orientated. Cabin room (height specifically) is a big priority and pretty much needs to be all there and functional.

He's been looking on the net to see what's out there and I feel he's reluctant to go for something too much smaller, older or less well equipped but is finding little that's suitable in his budget. He'd love another 370 but there aren't any out there nearby that would work although there are a couple of differing models elsewhere in Europe that appear to be much better value than here but he's not certain of the tax situation.

Can you suggest any ground rules for the search? He's of the opinion that any evidence of or reference to osmosis in the past means you must walk away even if it's be rectified. Is this the case? I know many yachts come from abroad; is it viable to travel to the continent where boats appear cheaper but is there too much red tape, pitfalls or risk?

Comments

Advertisement