Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy Saving light Bulbs

• 17-04-2016 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭

Hi , looking to find where the cheapest place to buy this would be.

I need about 20 of them .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Hi , looking to find where the cheapest place to buy this would be.

I need about 20 of them .

If you let people know what type you need you might get better answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dealz have started doing the bigger bayonet fitting light bulbs now. 40w equivalent is the brightest though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

I find futureled.ie great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The ones you Push up and turn are the ones i need. Sorry for the lack of description. Just moving into a new house and need new light bulbs for every room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As in traditional bulbs for ceiling pendant lights that have been around for decades?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dealz are the cheapest I have seen, but far from the best light quality. There have been lots of long threads discussing pros & cons of the various types.

I have dealzs ones in a spare room and toilet. I have better quality philips in the kitchen and osrams in the bedroom. All LED.

I bought 1 of each to try before getting more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

bigron2109 wrote: »
    The ones you Push up and turn are the ones i need. Sorry for the lack of description. Just moving into a new house and need new light bulbs for every room.

If they are just for standard hanging pendants like in most houses they are standard b.c. type.
    I usually use electrical wholesalers for them, if you ring round a couple you might get a good price. Also heard that IKEA do them at a good price but don't know for sure or even if they're a good quality.

Advertisement