Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a PME next year question

• 17-04-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, hoping to apply to a postgrad programme in 2017 for primary teaching. To do this I will need to repeat my Irish LC to obtain the C3 minimum. My question is, assuming I get above the C3 can I even apply for a 2017 spot or will I have to wait until 2018? I ask because I won't have my result until summer '17 (2017 LC) whereas PAC let applicants know about the success of their applications in April. Can anyone clear this up for me please? Or has anyone gone through this? Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 3beanzz

You will need to check with PAC if you can apply and be granted a provisional place if successful. They do ask to see your leaving cert results early in the application process so I'm really not sure.

I've just done the interviews myself after 9 months of refreshing my Irish for the interview... Very anxious to know the result...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Palmaranel

Hi Wheatabixy!

I'm in the exact same situation. Would love to know what you found/find out.

"The Professional Masters of Education (Primary) is a postgraduate teacher education programme for primary teaching for persons who possess an honours Bachelor Degree at Level 8 or those who expect to have successfully completed final examinations before Friday, 1st July, 2016"

Looks as though that date only pertains to you college degree exams so not sure about Leaving Cert

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Palmaranel

Ah, wait.

"Applicants must provide evidence to the Higher Education Institution that their degree is placed as a major award at the appropriate level on the National Framework of Qualifications. Applicants must meet all entry requirements by Friday, 1st July, 2017 and must provide documentary evidence of meeting these requirements"

Better start looking if there's another route to getting the Irish requirement before next July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭pandoraj09

As far as I know you can be accepted pending your Irish result next August...One of my students last year told me that. Maybe check it out.

Advertisement