Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be aware - man pretending to be from HSE calling to houses

Options
  • 17-04-2016 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

This has been reported to the Gardaí.

Please just be aware and maybe alert elderly neighbours.

In the west of the city in the last couple of weeks, there have been numerous sightings (including at my house!) of a man who is pretending to be from the HSE (although he said 'Health Board' to me!) and is coming to 'collect someone who is in need'.

Last week he went to my neighbours house. She's elderly and doesn't open her door usually. He then proceeded to walk around her house looking in the windows. When he eventually spotted her he began banging aggressively and demanded she open her door to him, which luckily she didn't.

Other neighbours have also reported him being at their addresses over the past few weeks, claiming the same thing. He produces no ID (nobody I know has opened the door to him yet) and then leaves hurriedly. HSE knows nothing of this man.

Another neighbours house has been broken into in the last two weeks. Clearly this man is v suspicious. He is well dressed, wearing a suit/slacks and shirt.

Just be aware and pass on any suspicious activity to the Gardaí.

Advertisement