Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Connect Phone To Laptop

Options
  • 17-04-2016 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to transfer photos from my phone to my laptop but I'm having a problem. When I connect my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Mini II, to my laptop it will start charging but nothing will actually come up on my computer. It usually works fine and this is the first time it's happened. I've also tried different cables and the same thing happens so I know it has something to do with either the phone or the laptop.

Any way that I can fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Suas11 wrote: »
    I've been trying to transfer photos from my phone to my laptop but I'm having a problem. When I connect my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Mini II, to my laptop it will start charging but nothing will actually come up on my computer. It usually works fine and this is the first time it's happened. I've also tried different cables and the same thing happens so I know it has something to do with either the phone or the laptop.

Try ticking the "allow USB debugging" in developer options in settings
    Also in developer options,make sure "MTP" is ticked under select USB configuration

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Try ticking the "allow USB debugging" in developer options in settings
    Also in developer options,make sure "MTP" is ticked under select USB configuration

I've tried that but I can't find developer options.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You dont need USB debugging.

dropdown-menu.jpg

Click on that USB notification, it'll allow you to select MTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Download Android File Transfer
    https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I've tried that but I can't find developer options.
    To turn on developer options you need to tap "build number" in the about phone section 10 times.

https://www.recovery-android.com/enable-usb-debugging-on-android.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

ED E wrote: »
    You dont need USB debugging.

dropdown-menu.jpg

Click on that USB notification, it'll allow you to select MTP.

Thanks, that worked :)

Advertisement