Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Who buys one of these type magazines to read the contents? I only ever see them in the hairdressers and all I do is flick through, looking at the Pics and reading the Headings and the Captions. Who's looking for intellectual content? Not me! :p

Regards,

Eyepatch!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't like the bit where they show the contestants rehearsing before they go into the Den, it looks forced and I think they've shortened the on air pitch's a bit to accommodate it.

The problem is that I think they're leaving out important parts of the pitch's, there's been a few pitch's were I'm left wondering on key details. Or it could be that I'm just not paying enough attention.

Edit:

Regards,
    CFH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I don't like the bit where they show the contestants rehearsing before they go into the Den, it looks forced and I think they've shortened the on air pitch's a bit to accommodate it.

The problem is that I think they're leaving out important parts of the pitch's, there's been a few pitch's were I'm left wondering on key details. Or it could be that I'm just not paying enough attention.

You're seeing an edited version of the pitch. Actual pitches & discussions can go on for up to two hours (know someone who did it, got an offer & turned it down).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ah yeah I know but in previous season there was much more shown of the pitch than this season

Regards,
    CFH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I think approx 90% of the applicants are chancers, hardly any of them have businesses that are currently making money or even up and running, most are built on pipe dreams with crazy revenue forecasts.

At least half of the people that get investments on the show dont actually end up getting the investment as the Dragons pull out.

Regards

Liam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

There's two spoofers if ever I saw a pair...no proof whatsoever the products work. Bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

road_high wrote: »
    There's two spoofers if ever I saw a pair...no proof whatsoever the products work. Bizarre

There barking mad

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I skipped past the two guys because I knew as soon as I saw the product I figured they weren't getting an offer.

The first guy was great though. Really glad he got an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Jesus that accent. Isn't he currently doing an advert for aldi 'hey boi'.

I don't understand why people go in there with no market research done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

To whom it may concern,

Yeah, the two Navan guys were chancers alright.
    Iv'e a cracking idea. It's to supply the dragons with a fresh change of clothes every week. Absolute fortune to be made. Feckin mingers :pac:

Yours with extreme contrafibularities,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

Teachers promoting grinds, are they that crap at their jobs they have to outsource?

Teachers promoting grinds, are they that crap at their jobs they have to outsource?
    Yep, there are some crap teachers out there. But the biggest problem is that there is too much to teach and not enough time. And in my experience, a lot of the kids who choose to get grinds are the ones who do sh1tall in class and then can't figure out why they don't know anything. And then there are the kids who can't get to school because of illness. Teachers can set work for them but they're missing out on a lot if they have to do it all themselves. His idea is not perfect but I can see it being a success. You only have to look at the amount of kids who use revision books to see that people are willing to spend a lot on extra bits for education.

Yep, there are some crap teachers out there. But the biggest problem is that there is too much to teach and not enough time. And in my experience, a lot of the kids who choose to get grinds are the ones who do sh1tall in class and then can't figure out why they don't know anything. And then there are the kids who can't get to school because of illness. Teachers can set work for them but they're missing out on a lot if they have to do it all themselves. His idea is not perfect but I can see it being a success. You only have to look at the amount of kids who use revision books to see that people are willing to spend a lot on extra bits for education.

I don't doubt that. If I suggested to my boss I could be replaced by a computer, there'd be talks..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The teacher got 15 minutes of free publicity for his new business venture without having to give away a single percentage of his company to the dragons. I'd call that a result.

Regards etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

1.618 wrote: »
    To whom it may concern,

Iv'e a cracking idea. It's to supply the dragons with a fresh change of clothes every week. Absolute fortune to be made. Feckin mingers :pac:

They spend two weeks filming the entire season, then edit them all, so that people who were there days apart all end up in the same show. Dragons have the same costume for each days filming to accommodate this.

Yours Sincerely

Continuity... (am I doing this right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

OU812 wrote: »
    They spend two weeks filming the entire season, then edit them all, so that people who were there days apart all end up in the same show. Dragons have the same costume for each days filming to accommodate this.

Yours Sincerely

Continuity... (am I doing this right?)

Yep, I figured it was a continuity thing. Still, the optics aren't good though. Not 100% but I think DD UK is done with a change of clothes (even if it's on the same day).

Regards....1.618

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

1.618 wrote: »
    Yep, I figured it was a continuity thing. Still, the optics aren't good though. Not 100% but I think DD UK is done with a change of clothes (even if it's on the same day).

Regards....1.618

No, same clothes there aswell. Often wondered about it when I was watching it...

They are always wearing dark suits, I don't know if it's always the same one

Lots of love,
    Regards...ohbethehokey

S.W.A.L.K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

They are always wearing dark suits, I don't know if it's always the same one

Lots of love,
    Regards...ohbethehokey

S.W.A.L.K.

Willingham was always in that white dress.

Jenkins was always in that brown trousers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006vq92

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

I like this Able Table, very simple idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Birdsong wrote: »
    I like this Able Table, very simple idea

Same, don't know about E2000 for it though considering it costs 550 to make.
    It probably wouldn't be within financial reach for a lot of facilities and they'd probably buy essentials like wheelchairs, beds etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

Has the red haired lady dragon ever even made an offer

I remain

wokingvoter ( Rt. Hon MP Chipping Norton)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,425 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Same, don't know about E2000 for it though considering it costs 550 to make.
    It probably wouldn't be within financial reach for a lot of facilities and they'd probably buy essentials like wheelchairs, beds etc.

If you compare the amount of money these places blow on dodgy foolish decisions it's chicken feed for something that actually works as designed. The margin seems massive but I suppose if you look at potential sales they will be lucky to even do 3 figure sales ever in Ireland.

If you compare the amount of money these places blow on dodgy foolish decisions it's chicken feed for something that actually works as designed. The margin seems massive but I suppose if you look at potential sales they will be lucky to even do 3 figure sales ever in Ireland.

That as may be, but I'd be sceptical that a care facility/school with all their bills and expenses would prioritise a table ,they probably already have tables that they are making do with, over beds, wheel chairs, walking aids......

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Has the red haired lady dragon ever even made an offer

I remain

wokingvoter ( Rt. Hon MP Chipping Norton)

She has she invested in that magazine a few weeks ago I think. I'm not sure if she's invested in anything else. Nothing seems to fit her "portfolio".

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Bored_lad wrote:
    She has she invested in that magazine a few weeks ago I think. I'm not sure if she's invested in anything else. Nothing seems to fit her "portfolio".

Which I thought was the worst pitch for the season, I don't think we will actually see this magazine come market

The table is pricey, but I suppose they are trying to build a business and need lots of cash to build it. I like the idea. It would seem like an investment item regardless of cost. Glad they got their Dragon!

Loved the Dragons' response to the young man with the Kara card. Bless him, he did not allow for anything for himself! Lovely ending to this season's last show!

• Advertisement

I wonder is there anything stopping someone getting a sabre saw and turning in a table into a wheelchair friendly one.
    He said about quality timber but it just seems to be very easily replicated and I'd wonder how you can patent a table like that. A small tweek n the design and any manufacturer could get around a patent.
    Best of luck to them
    Regards
    Topmanamillion

Advertisement