Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combined Care with GP

Options
  • 17-04-2016 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi, I'm taking the combined care route with my GP and Holles St, did this with my first baby and was very happy with it. However, I can't remember when I should have GP appointments, total blank at the moment! When I had my booking in appointment in HS (at 13wks), the guy at check-in said something about my GP appointment being in 7 weeks, but that would make me 20 weeks, which seems quite late? Does anybody know how regular the appointments should be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi, I'm taking the combined care route with my GP and Holles St, did this with my first baby and was very happy with it. However, I can't remember when I should have GP appointments, total blank at the moment! When I had my booking in appointment in HS (at 13wks), the guy at check-in said something about my GP appointment being in 7 weeks, but that would make me 20 weeks, which seems quite late? Does anybody know how regular the appointments should be?

No it sounds about right. I think I usually had a hospital appt first and was then told to go to GP 3 weeks after that and back to hospital in another 3 weeks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

When's your next hospital appointment for? I had booking in at 13 weeks in HS and my next hospital appointment was 22 weeks so I saw the GP in between so around 17 weeks.

Like YH said you should be seen by GP or hospital roughly every 3-4 weeks until later in the pregnancy when it gets more regular :)

ETA: the consultant will write it on your chart if you look at the yellow sheet. It's should say something like hosp: 8 GP:4

Advertisement