Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Sulphate spillage

Options
  • 17-04-2016 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I put out some iron sulphate on the lawn about 3 weeks ago. I forgot to close the spreader when I was filling it and a large amount poured out on the lawn where I was filling it. I cleaned it up as best I could, but now 3 weeks later there is a large dead spot in the lawn. The rest of the lawn has grown really well but there is zero life on this spot.

Is there anything I can do to recover this spot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

My response to a situation like this would be to carefully remove the damaged area and replace it with a number of narrow sods taken from along the edge. You could even perhaps put the damaged section down along the edge in the hope that it would recover while not looking as conspicuous.

Advertisement