Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue screen on Dell Inspiron running on XP

Options
  • 17-04-2016 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello,

the title says it all! I have a Dell Inspiron mini 10 running on Windows XP. I can't get passed the blue screen at the moment. It came up a while ago, but whatever I do, I can't get passed it.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What does the bluescreen say, it will give information on what is causing it.

Also, you shouldn't really be running XP any more, it is a dead OS that does not receive security updates any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 voyage

The bluescreen says: Unmountable_Boot_Volume. Technical Information: Stop:0x000000ED (0x86F50030, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

I know about XP, but can't even get into the computer to do anything about it. Can't get past the bluecsreen. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Here's a list of a few things to try. Can't say for definite that they'll work.

Could be a sign of hardware failure (disk drive / memory).

http://superuser.com/questions/177440/how-to-fix-unmountable-boot-volume-0x000000ed-on-my-windows-xp-dell-laptop

Advertisement