Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - IPv6 and port forwarding! - Help!

Options
  • 17-04-2016 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im using a UPC modem/router I think its a Technicolor TC7200! not sure using Software Version STD6.01.27 but no model number!

Anyway its somewhat locked down and recently things have changed and now I cannot reach my internal IP cameras! Now when I go to a whats-my-IP website im given an IPv6 address!! my public IP is an IPv6 which I never seen before but on some sites it also gives my hostname which is an IPv4 address!!!

My camera is using DDNS and it successfully updates to the IPv4 hostname address! the DDNS name resolve's correctly to the IPv4 address some sites give me and the right ports are opened up my UPC firewall and forwarded to the correct IP's of my cameras. Now Im :confused: why some sites give IPv6 and some IPv4!!:confused:

Ive tried various settings and port numbers none of which work! the cameras worked before! When they worked before I was getting an 89.101.x.x IP now its not working an since that happened ive been getting a 37.228.x.x address!

Another thing to note I only see an IPv6 address on the router previously I seen an IPv4!!

I dont like the way the ISP can just change things like this knockout out a whole security system!

Anyone any ideas what might be the issue? or how I might be able to fix it?

Thanks
    B
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its called DSLite. With it enabled you cant do any kind of manual NATing, your IP is shared between you and x number of other customers.

Contact the VMI reps on their talk to forum and they'll disable it on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

ED E wrote: »
    Its called DSLite. With it enabled you cant do any kind of manual NATing, your IP is shared between you and x number of other customers.

Contact the VMI reps on their talk to forum and they'll disable it on your account.

Hey dude thanks for your prompt reply I will give them a bell and let them know.

Cheers :)

Advertisement