Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter Maynooth Sunday 16th

Options
  • 18-04-2016 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any idea what was going on?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was waiting for someone to post about it :)

I have no idea but did go out to watch it as it was too loud to sleep !
    On Twitter people were saying that there were Garda cars in some of the housing estate too .
    A few minutes before we did hear what sounded like a high speed car chase down the Straffan road but didn't see it .

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cosycosy

My house backs onto the Link Road.. the helicopter was almost right above us. There were Gardai in 2 of our neighbours back gardens with flashlights.. I assume somebody hopped the wall from the link road into the gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

A few people talking about it in Yik Yak too, apparently a house in Meadowbrook was raided, it's supposedly known as a brothel / drugs joint, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cosycosy

WHAT?? Oh God.. I live in meadowbrook! Tell me more!! .. no idea what Yik Yak is ;-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I saw a pick on Twitter and it looked like Meadow Brook but was not sure.

• Advertisement

Sunday was the 17th btw;)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I slept through the whole thing!

My sister was awake though and said there was an unmarked garda car at the entrance to Brookfield Park.

Really hate hearing that there's possibly a brothel nearby but I have a feeling I know which house it is.

I installed Yik Yak it seems to be some sort of college snap chat type thingy .

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I installed Yik Yak it seems to be some sort of college snap chat type thingy .

From what my younger, "down with the kids" sister has told me people put comments on it and others vote if they're good or not. It's based on your location so you'll see comments within a certain radius of where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

There's no keepung up with social media trends for the young 'uns is there..

Heard the chopper from 12-4 and i'm a decent clip fron the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement